Marketing Day: Landing pages, data segmentations & content creation
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- 3 signs your landing page copy is leaving your visitors high and dry
Jul 22, 2016 by Khalid Saleh
Are your PPC landing pages failing to convert, despite getting great traffic? Columnist Khalid Saleh explains why your landing page copy might be to blame — and how you can fix it.
- Three of the most important data segmentations for any Google paid search analysis
Jul 22, 2016 by Andy Taylor
Wondering how to make sense of your AdWords accounts? Columnist Andy Taylor discusses how to segment your paid search data for meaningful insights.
- Hulu has joined this list of major platforms that ignore Do Not Track requests
Jul 22, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Out of 14 major web platforms, only Medium, Pinterest, Reddit, Twitter and Yahoo respond to Do Not Track requests, though not always.
- Who should create your content?
Jul 22, 2016 by Rachel Lindteigen
Should your content be created in-house, or should you hire a freelancer or agency? Columnist Rachel Lindteigen takes a look at the options to help you determine what will work best for your organization.
- Do you have what it takes to be a martech genius?
Jul 22, 2016 by Marketing Land
How well do you know marketing technologies? Do you know what makes a martech stack world-class, or the difference between ABM and CRM? Put yourself to the test with the MarTech Challenge! Get your score in less than three minutes, then challenge a friend or colleague. Take the quiz!
- Marketers: Stop, drop and build a digital hub
Jul 22, 2016 by Sanjay Dholakia
What’s a digital hub, and what can it do for your organization? Columnist Sanjay Dholakia explains why having a central nervous system for marketing is a no-brainer.
- 3 ways phishing destroys marketing ROI
Jul 22, 2016 by Estelle Derouet
Columnist Estelle Derouet discusses the direct hit that fraudulent email can take on your revenue and what you can do to fight it.
- Drive unified digital customer experiences with better technology strategies
Jul 21, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Digital customer experience has become a key business differentiator, and application development and delivery (AD&D) leaders of front-office, web, mobile and digital development must step up to support their firm’s initiatives.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Is your HTTPS setup causing SEO issues?
- Data exploration from: An experiment in trying to predict Google rankings
- Pokémon Go, augmented reality and the future of local marketing
- Search in Pics: Google ring toss, real Google fiber & framed Google search box
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Radio Companies Collaborate On Audience Measurement Solution, adexchanger.com
- Why You’re Measuring Your Social Media Wrong, www.convinceandconvert.com
- BuzzFeed Poaches Pinterest Exec to Build Out Its Ad Analytics Capabilities, www.adweek.com
- Twitter can’t move forward until it decides what to do about harassment, www.theverge.com
- Verizon Said to Be Close to $5 Billion Deal for Yahoo, adage.com
- 38+ Examples of Brands Doing Great Content, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- 5 Ways Content Marketing Can Benefit PR, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- Branded, sponsored content are working in early efforts to evade ad-blocking, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Create an Experience Your Customers Can’t Wait to Share Online, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Creative Spotlight: Know Your Audience: Voice and Content Creation, www.copypress.com
- Enhance Your Content Marketing with LinkedIn Sponsored Content, www.webinknow.com
- The Psychology of Viral Content, contently.com
- Two Birds, One Stone: How To Increase Conversions While Building Your Brand with UX, blog.kissmetrics.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- How Google Designs Great Content, in 5 Steps, contently.com
- Facebook registers domain names for WorkPlace service, domainnamewire.com
- It Looks Like Google Owns Zero.com, www.domaininvesting.com
- One and two-letter .at domains coming soon, domainincite.com
- Amazon has inked a student loan deal with Wells Fargo, qz.com
- How to succeed online with promotional pricing, www.internetretailer.com
- PayPal ticks up 2% on earnings, Visa partnership, techcrunch.com
- 6 Types of Transactional Emails, blog.marketo.com
- How automation can take your email to the next level, myemma.com
- Three in Four UK Marketers Automate Email Campaigns, www.emarketer.com
General Internet Marketing
- 4 Creative Ways SMBs Are Jumping on the Pokemon Go Trend, blogs.constantcontact.com
- How Account Based Marketing Brings Client Value Back into Focus, www.martechadvisor.com
- Marketing to Millennials: Finding the Hidden Opportunities, www.silverpop.com
- The Digital Agency Model Is In Flux, But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Not Needed, adexchanger.com
- What the Hell Is a Chief Product Officer Anyway?, adage.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- 12 Marketing Automation Hacks That Will Surprise You, www.jeffbullas.com
- Bot influencers are the programmatic future of conversational advertising, techcrunch.com
- New Study Reveals Marketers Face Significant ROI Measurement Challenges Even With Widespread Use of Martech and Adtech, www.dataxu.com
- Apple’s Share of US Smartphone Market Creeps Back Up, www.emarketer.com
- Build Your Mobile Marketing Momentum, www.cmswire.com
- The Billion-Dollar-Per-Second Mobile Viewability Question, adexchanger.com
- Why September is the best month for acquiring mobile customers, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- 4 Reasons Why Your Facebook Conversion Numbers Are Wrong, www.jonloomer.com
- 5 Hacks for Mission Impossible: Bring Back Your Facebook Organic Reach, smallbiztrends.com
- 5 Roads to Social Media Success, www.cmswire.com
- Crafting the Perfect Social Posts (Infographic), www.adweek.com
- Facebook Ad Changes: What Marketers Need to Know, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Facebook scraps another Snapchat clone: 24-hour “Quick Updates”, techcrunch.com
- Facebook’s new open source project makes it easier to get started with React, techcrunch.com
- Reddit is still in turmoil, techcrunch.com
- Twitter’s User Base to Grow by Double Digits This Year, www.emarketer.com
- What Every Social Media Intern Needs to Know, simplymeasured.com
- 5 Big Facebook Live Updates Marketers Need To Know, www.searchenginejournal.com
- ABC News and Facebook’s live GOP convention coverage nets 11.5 million views, digiday.com
- Facebook to Live-Stream Nine USA Basketball Exhibition Games, www.adweek.com
- How The Battle of Brexit Played Out on Facebook Video, www.reelseo.com
- How the world’s biggest eSports promoter uses Facebook Live, digiday.com
- Setting Up Your Video Content Strategy, www.searchenginepeople.com
- SnapChat vs YouTube For Business, www.searchenginepeople.com
- Why Every Small Business Needs YouTube Director for Business, www.wordstream.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.