Marketing Day: Leveling up attribution, a message to email marketers & the future of AI
Amy Gesenhues on December 22, 2017 at 4:00 pm
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- 4 things SEO professionals should do consistently
Dec 22, 2017 by Jeremy Knauff
Columnist Jeremy Knauff shares his vision for how to improve the SEO industry through transparency, knowledge-sharing and stronger relationships with clients.
- Game over: The death of the sales funnel and leveling up attribution
Dec 22, 2017 by Chuck Moran
As the customer journey becomes increasingly complex, contributor Chuck Moran discusses the new rules of the game and why the way we view attribution needs to shift.
- The 6 sales content benchmarks every business needs
Dec 22, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
It’s no secret that content — from case studies to pitch decks — fuels the modern sales cycle. However, a vast majority of teams don’t track prospect engagement with sales content, and if they do, it’s unclear which metrics actually indicate success.
- Message to email marketers: Show me something different in 2018
Dec 22, 2017 by Ryan Phelan
Don’t stick with the same old email marketing tactics you used this year. Columnist Ryan Phelan outlines nine ways you can push the envelope in 2018.
- Ad blockers, fraud and developments in programmatic: Our top 10 display advertising columns for 2017
Dec 22, 2017 by Pamela Parker
Between ad fraud, developments with ad blockers and concern about brand safety, display advertising has seen an eventful year. Check out the columns on the subject that grabbed our readers’ attention.
- How marketers will take their social spend more seriously in 2018
Dec 22, 2017 by Tim Peterson
This year set the foundation for brands to increasingly evaluate their social campaigns based on business results next year.
- What is the future of artificial intelligence?
Dec 22, 2017 by Robin Kurzer
Marketers say that 2018 will see deeper personalization, innovations in voice AI and an enhanced view of the customer journey.
- Will GDPR and blockchain live up to their hype in 2018?
Dec 22, 2017 by Robin Kurzer
The only thing we know for sure is that marketers will definitely keep these trends top of mind as we head into the new year.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
- Getting to know your B2B tech buyer
Dec 22, 2017 by Josh Aberant
Columnist Josh Aberant explains why marketing shorthand and personas are only a first step in building lasting B2B relationships.
- ‘CMOs at the Wheel’ authors Nadine Dietz & Erica Seidel on the modern marketing organization
Dec 22, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
Dietz & Seidel recently published their “CMOs at the Wheel” e-book based on interviews from their “Driving the Modern Marketing Organization” column.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 12 months of inspiration for email campaigns, VerticalResponse
- 3 Tests That Can Save Personalization, Marketo
- Apple revises its guidelines on template-based apps, now requires business to have their own developer accounts, TechCrunch
- December Highlights in Facebook Business News, Facebook Business
- Email Marketing Program Basics: Getting Started in 6 Steps, MarketingProfs
- Inaccurate Segments May Be Costing Advertisers Billions, AdExchanger
- January 2018 Marketing and Holiday Planning, Constant Contact
- Over 75% of customers want to shop through their TV, Retail Dive
- The Google-Facebook Duopoly Threatens Diversity of Thought, Wall Street Journal
- The state of brand safety in 5 charts, Digiday