Marketing Day: LinkedIn Analytics, Conversion Optimization & Flickr Updates
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Facebook Introduces Deep Linking For Mobile App Install Ads
Feature that sends people to a specific place within a mobile application was previously only available on re-engagement ads.
- Tempur-Pedic Mother’s Day Video Achieves Viral Success
The mattress brand touts its new line as being mother-like in its supportive qualities, while saying the world’s mothers deserve to get better sleep.
- LinkedIn Introduces Analytics For Your Posts
Publishers now be able to get detailed information about how readers are interacting with their posts on the career-focused social network.
- The Nagging Little Question Of Conversion Optimization
What effect are your CRO efforts really having? Contributor Brian Massey explains some of the factors that may be skewing your numbers.
- Twitter Porn Causes Nielsen To Pull Promoted Tweet Campaign
Twitter is working to fix issue after promos appear on profile pages posting X-rated photos and video.
- Report: Phablets Grabbed More Than 20 Percent Of Q1 Smartphone Sales In The US
Kantar Worldpanel ComTech reported that “phablets claimed 21 percent of all US smartphone sales in Q1 2015.”
- HubSpot Q1 $38M Beats Estimates, Average Customer Pays $9.7K Annually
Yesterday CRM and “inbound marketing” platform HubSpot released Q1 2015 Revenue.
- Flickr Adds Smarter Search & Navigation Tools, Updates Mobile Apps
Yahoo says Flickr has more than 112 million users who have uploaded more than 11 billion photos.
- Less than 90 Tickets Left for SMX Advanced – Register Now!
Time is running out to register for SMX Advanced. With less than 90 tickets left, we’re certain to sell out again this year…the 9th in a row.
- Animate Your Social Media Marketing With GIFs
Want to make your social media marketing really pop? Use animated gifs, of course. Columnist Alison Zeringue tells you how to go about it.
- Yahoo Adds Apple Watch Analytics To Mobile Developer Suite
Powered by Flurry Analytics, new data set offers real-time user behavior insights for Apple Watch apps.
- 6 Dos And Don’ts Of Client Relations For Paid Search (Or Any Digital Marketing Discipline)
How do you maintain strong, long-term relationships with your pay-per-click clients? Columnist Matt Umbro offers up some tips.
- Google Study Exposes “Tangled Web” Of Companies Profiting From Ad Injection
Ad injector network makes victims of millions of users and more than 3,000 advertisers, including major brands, study finds.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Mobilegeddon Is Beginning, Not Ending
- WSJ: Yelp Seeking A Potential Buyer
- Google Adds Link To Place Food Delivery Orders, Make Doctor Appointments & More
- 1, 2, 3… Smile! Say Hi To Search Engine Land On Instagram
- Content Marketing & SEO: The Bigger Picture
- Less than 90 Tickets Left for SMX Advanced – Register Now!
- For Google, Apps Are First-Class Citizens, So Take Advantage!
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- How Fraud And Viewability Metrics Are Affecting Ad Peformance, Pricing, adexchanger.com
- It’s Personal: SAP on Crossing the Data Divide, www.cmswire.com
- Using weather analytics over weather data for relevant marketing, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- A Real Math Man: Forensiq Taps ‘Experimental Physics’ Doc Andrews As Chief Scientist, MediaPost
- Yahoo fails to impress with digital magazines, digiday.com
- Content is dead. Long live the conversation., econsultancy.com
- How ‘The Big Marketing Activity Coloring Book’ Fueled Marketo’s Insanely Lucrative Lead Gen Machine, contently.com
- How Can Content Creators Avoid Content Fatigue?, www.searchenginejournal.com
- No Subscription Goal for Your Content Marketing? Prepare to Be Ignored, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- The #1 Reason Why Most Content Stinks And What You Can Do About It, pushingsocial.com
- The Problem with Storytelling in Content Marketing, www.thesaleslion.com
- United’s Rhapsody Magazine Takes Content Marketing to New Heights, contently.com
- What Small Businesses Must Consider While Identifying a Content Marketer, www.martechadvisor.com
- You may also like: the horror of bad content recommendation, econsultancy.com
- 30+ Ideas for Measuring Conversions on a B2B Website, www.komarketingassociates.com
- Are you writing dead end conversion pages?, seocopywriting.com
- Can You Run Multiple A/B Tests at the Same Time?, conversionxl.com
- The Marketing Funnel Ice Cream Cone: Turning Leads into Customers, www.wordstream.com
- Web Forms That Convert: Five Things to A/B Split Test, www.marketingprofs.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 4 Copywriting Techniques for Engaging Podcasts and Audio Presentations, www.copyblogger.com
- Birst Wants to Solve BI’s Usability Problem, www.cmswire.com
- Zulily looks to responsive Web design to cure mobile growing pains, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Should Your Shop Purchase a .Agency Domain?, www.adweek.com
- What You Need to Know about .sucks Domain Names, smallbiztrends.com
- Alibaba Gets a New CEO, adage.com
- E-retailers appeal to the hearts and pockets of Mother’s Day shoppers, www.internetretailer.com
- How to Boost Sales on Gift-giving Pages, www.practicalecommerce.com
- In the race to digitize, Nordstrom and Macy’s are neck-and-neck, digiday.com
- What Can Adults Learn From Kid Ecommerce Entrepreneurs?, blog.kissmetrics.com
- Why Retailers Are Buying In to Programmatic, www.emarketer.com
- Email vs. Social Media ROI in One Simple Chart, blog.movableink.com
- Only 20% of marketers use behavioural triggers in email marketing, econsultancy.com
- The Tale of the SPF Recovery!, blog.returnpath.com
General Internet Marketing
- How to Leverage Celebrity Influencers for Small Business, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Plan Your Integrated Marketing In 7 Easy Steps, thedma.org
- Why MORE Marketing Isn’t What You Need, www.ducttapemarketing.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Falcon Social Announces Georgia Aquarium, Hess and HLK as Clients, www.businesswire.com
- Highspot Delivers First Machine Learning Technology to Map DNA of Marketing and Sales Content, www.martechadvisor.com
- Android developers may soon try out varied app profiles on the Google Play Store, thenextweb.com
- Big News For Mobile, Are You Connected?, thedma.org
- Consumers may be ready for the Apple Watch, but are retailers?, www.internetretailer.com
- UK Native Advertising: Is Mobile the Way to Go?, www.emarketer.com
- 7 Ways to Create an Effective Facebook Ad Campaign, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Before Your Company Launches a New Social Presence, These Questions Must Be Answered – Or Else, www.adweek.com
- How Facebook Creates Powerful Connections in Times of Need, blog.marketo.com
- How to Keep Social Stats Updated For Your Website, www.searchenginepeople.com
- Pinterest Domination! A #Zenith2015 Session Recap!, www.aimclearblog.com
- Should marketers worry about the social media stock slowdown?, econsultancy.com
- Stop Treating Pinterest Like a Social Media Platform, blog.tailwindapp.com
- The Secret Reach of Your Twitter Replies, blog.bufferapp.com
- What Consumers Expect of Local Businesses on Facebook, www.marketingprofs.com
- Who You Follow + Who Follows You = Your Networking Experience, www.compukol.com
- 8 Intriguing Video Stats, www.adweek.com
- Discover 2M+ Video Creators via Tubular’s Creator Profiles, www.reelseo.com
- Mobile video can boost QSR’s sales and outreach, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Online Video Is Vital for Small, Midsized Businesses, www.adweek.com
- Spotify Laying Plans to Enter Web Video Business, www.wsj.com
- User-Generated Video Content Is Drowning Out Brands, www.reelseo.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.