Marketing Day: Live from Oculus Connect, Twitter’s ‘Happening Now’ and the new CMO role
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Live from Facebook-owned Oculus’s annual VR conference: Day 1
Oct 11, 2017 by Tim Peterson
All the news from the opening keynote at the virtual reality company’s annual developer conference.
- Twitter announces what’s ‘Happening Now’ for sporting events, and plans for a bookmarking feature
Oct 11, 2017 by Greg Finn
Twitter is giving users the ability to find tweets on real-time topics, while also planning a bookmarking to let users save content for later.
- The ever-increasing importance of usability and trust in link building
Oct 11, 2017 by Julie Joyce
Sometimes link builders identifying promising sites think only in terms of metrics. Columnist Julie Joyce explains why usability has become one the most important things to consider.
- Why it pays to skip the form (and embrace chat)
Oct 11, 2017 by Andrea Lehr
Don’t force your audience to leap over hurdles to get the content they want. Columnist Andrea Lehr discusses the downsides of gated content and explains how chatbots can help.
- The new CMO role in digital commerce
Oct 11, 2017 by Andrew Waber
In a shifting retail landscape, businesses are increasingly looking for CMOs with both leadership and digital commerce chops. Columnist Andrew Waber discusses the common skill sets that go hand-in-hand with that kind of position.
- Updated for 2017! Enterprise Paid Media Campaign Management Platforms
Oct 11, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
The paid media marketing landscape has become increasingly complex, as the speed of search engine algorithms and development changes accelerates and marketers demand more integrated channel capabilities. Automating paid media campaign management through an enterprise platform can improve efficiency and productivity. MarTech Today’s “Enterprise Paid Media Campaign Management Platforms: A Marketer’s Guide” examines the market […]
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
- Brandwatch adds more content intelligence by buying BuzzSumo
Oct 11, 2017 by Barry Levine
The UK-based social monitoring company is broadening its ability to offer insights about what topics, questions and influencers are hot.
- 4 ways to revamp your email creation process
Oct 11, 2017 by Mary Wallace
If your email creation process happens at the pace of a sloth, it’s time for a change. Columnist Mary Wallace outlines four steps to help you streamline and improve communications with your target audience.
- How marketers are wrestling with virtual reality’s adoption issue
Oct 11, 2017 by Tim Peterson
VR alone may not yet offer brands the scale they seek, but thanks to location-based VR, VR-based filmmaking and AR, VR can still be valuable.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Apple’s first ever VP of diversity and inclusion says she focuses on everyone, not just minorities, Quartz
- Facial recognition technology will replace IDs, credit cards, and passwords, Venture Beat
- How will we face being defeated by machines?, The Verge
General Internet Marketing
- How Facebook rewards polarizing political ads – The Verge, www.theverge.com
- Trends That Will Elevate The IoT Influence In 2018, Read/Write
Internet Marketing Industry
- Amazon’s AI division is a revolving door of talent for Microsoft and Google, The Next Web
- Apple’s Tim Cook on iPhones, augmented reality and how he plans to change your world, The Independent
- Facebook buys targeted ads on Google about Russia’s targeted ads on Facebook, Mashable
- Google is adding Duo video calling to the dialer and SMS app of Pixel, Android One phones, Android Central
- Making video calling easier on your Android phone, www.blog.google