Marketing Day: Local search, an Amazon holiday report & adaptive analytics
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Don’t just appeal to a local searcher’s wants or needs, focus on the journey
Jan 3, 2017 by Lydia Jorden
You’ve probably heard sayings like, “Life’s about the journey, not the destination,” but have you thought about putting this philosophy to work in local search? Columnist Lydia Jorden explains how to optimize for this trend.
- Paradigm shift: Has Google suspended defamation removals?
Jan 3, 2017 by Chris Silver Smith
Columnist Chris Silver Smith takes a look at what could be a recent policy shift in Google’s longstanding informal policy of granting court-ordered defamation removal requests.
- 4 steps to make your organic listings more effective
Jan 3, 2017 by Jason Decker
How can you improve your organic search results? Columnist Jason Decker outlines four basic steps to make your listings more compelling to searchers and prospects.
- Report: Amazon led big retailers in digital ad spend increases during early holiday season
Jan 3, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
Digital and linear TV saw gains among half of the retailers measured.
- From retention to adaptive analytics, here’s your 2017 marketing preview
Jan 3, 2017 by Chandar Pattabhiram
Full-brain marketing and a sales/marketing convergence are some of the trends you can expect to see in 2017, according to contributor Chandar Pattabhiram.
- Start your SEO and SEM campaigns off fresh with tactics that work
Jan 3, 2017 by Marketing Land
Here’s to a great 2017 full of learning and growing your SEO and SEM success! View ticket options and rates here. We look forward to seeing you at SMX West, March 21–23 in San Jose!
- Digital analytics industry veteran roundup: What’s in store for 2017
Jan 3, 2017 by David Booth
What can we expect to see in the world of data and analytics in the coming year? Columnist David Booth asks industry partners, colleagues and competitors to weigh in with their predictions.
- 9 ways to sell on social media
Jan 3, 2017 by Jordan Kasteler
From Facebook’s Marketplace to Yotpo and Chirpify, columnist Jordan Kasteler suggests 9 platforms that can help you put your products in front of your customers on social media.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- After 20 Years in Affiliate Marketing, 5 Rules for Success, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Is There an SMB Analytics Market? And If So, What Should It Measure?, streetfightmag.com
- Lukas Oldenburg’s Most Impactful Products of 2016, www.webanalyticsworld.net
Blogs & Blogging
- 10 Modern Editing Tips for Meticulous Bloggers, www.copyblogger.com
- Your Epic End-of-Year Blog Audit Checklist: Where You’ve Been and Where You’re Headed!, www.problogger.net
- Twitter China Chief Kathy Chen Departs, www.wsj.com
- Why Yahoo Shared an Investor Meeting in Omaha With the World, www.adweek.com
- 2017 Trends for CMOs: Ignite Content Performance with Influencers, www.toprankblog.com
- 2017: The Year to Challenge Our Content Marketing Assumptions, www.annhandley.com
- 4 Ways to Make Your Content Stand Out, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- 5 Brand Storytelling Examples To Energize Your Content Marketing, www.jeffbullas.com
- 5 Factors That Could Impact Your Content Strategy in 2017, contently.com
- 7 Critical KPIs of Content Marketing that Let You Know You’re Winning or Losing, www.thesaleslion.com
- Unsolicited Advice: 6 Letters Every Content Marketer Needs to Read, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- How to Segment Your Traffic to Increase Leads and Conversions, www.convinceandconvert.com
- The Battle of the Brand: CRO vs. Branding, conversionxl.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Algorithm-Driven Design: How Artificial Intelligence Is Changing Design, www.smashingmagazine.com
- Why Your Website Needs a Storyteller Instead of a Designer, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- A great UDRP decision for owners of short domain names, domainnamewire.com
- In Praise of .XYZ, domainnamewire.com
- Poll Results: Less Than 20% Correctly Guessed How Many .Com Registrations There Would Be On 1/1/17, www.thedomains.com
- Security experts say ICANN should address collisions before approving more new TLDs, domainincite.com
- 4 delivery tips for satisfying increasingly impatient online shoppers, www.internetretailer.com
- 4 Marketing Campaigns to Retain New Shoppers during the Holidays & Beyond, multichannelmerchant.com
- Discounts, e-commerce costs hit margins in otherwise solid holiday quarter, www.retaildive.com
- You can now sell your old products on Amazon India, mashable.com
General Internet Marketing
- 3 Ways to Spark Successful Relationships With Micro-Influencers, www.adweek.com
- Brands Need Faces and Franchises in the Platform Age, adage.com
- The Most Effective Digital Channels to Include in 2017 Marketing Plans, www.marketingprofs.com
- 3 Truths About Creativity in the Age of AI, www.adweek.com
- CMO’s Guide to Chatbots, adage.com
- Start 2017 with the world’s most famous chief marketing technologist, chiefmartec.com
- Taking Ad Tech Beyond Media And Making It Truly Sticky, adexchanger.com
- Why you will hire a chief machine intelligence officer in 2017, venturebeat.com
- 76 mobile predictions for 2017: 76 marketing influencers reveal their winning strategies, www.tune.com
- Mobile marketing tools and tips for 2017, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Mobile trends for 2017 and beyond, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Walmart is 2016 mobile retailer of the year, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Twitter Embraces Its Role As A Media Company, www.buzzfeed.com
- A billion dollar gift for Twitter, medium.com
- 10 Rules for Effective Facebook Marketing, www.marketingprofs.com
- 2017 Social Media Image Sizes Cheat Sheet, blogs.constantcontact.com
- 5 Creative Ideas to Promote Your Product on Twitter, www.internetmarketingninjas.com
- LinkedIn Changes: What Marketers Need to Know, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Social Media Is Finally Growing Up, www.adweek.com
- What to Pin in January – Start 2017 Off Right, blog.tailwindapp.com
- 3 Best Practices for Creating Engaging VR Content, www.thinkwithgoogle.com
- A Look at Social Video’s Big, Bright (and Somewhat Uncertain) Future, www.adweek.com
- How to Produce Interview-Style Videos in the Workplace to Get Great Results, www.thesaleslion.com
- Taking Video Ad Targeting Beyond Demographics, www.emarketer.com
- YouTube Featured Snippets in Google Search, www.stonetemple.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.