Marketing Day: Local search podcast, affiliate marketing & Sprinklr news
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Local search ranking factors: What’s working in 2017 [Podcast]
Apr 14, 2017 by Matt McGee
In this week’s episode, we chat with Darren Shaw about the just-released Local Search Ranking Factors survey and discuss what marketers need to know about local SEO in 2017.
- How Turner’s Super Deluxe gets most of its Facebook Live viewers to watch live
Apr 14, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Turner’s digital entertainment arm uses hours-long broadcasts, proprietary software and off-Facebook experiences to average nearly 680,000 live views.
- What you need to know about compliance in the affiliate marketing industry
Apr 14, 2017 by Adam Weiss
Is your affiliate marketing program meeting federal guidelines? Columnist Adam Weiss sits down with his company’s compliance guru to discuss how advertisers can stay on the right side of the law.
- Survey surprise: Consumers very forgiving of non-mobile-friendly websites
Apr 14, 2017 by Greg Sterling
The biggest problem was missing or incorrect NAP data.
- Sprinklr, the former social platform, emerges this week as a customer experience cloud
Apr 14, 2017 by Barry Levine
The company is launching an expanded version of its Experience Cloud, oriented around social but encompassing multiple channels.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Measuring Brand Awareness, Distilled
- This One Lead Generation Metric Will Help You Show Marketing ROI, Contently
Blogs & Blogging
- 11 Actionable Blogging Tips to Make Content Findable, Heidi Cohen
- 5 Ways to Serve Up a Tastier Food Blog to Your Audience, The Blog Herald
- 3 Best Practices to Nurture a Content Writer Into an Industry Expert, Content Marketing Institute
- Exploring the Etiquette of Your UGC Engagement, Multichannel Merchant
- 5 Ways to Make Your Landing Page Copy More Clickable, Epicosity
- A/B Testing Is Alive and Well, Beyond the Paid
- Future tech was registered way before most heard the terms, The Domains
- How selling cheap domains ruins your TLD for all users, Domain Name Wire
- 3 big insights for fashion brands looking to compete with Amazon, Digiday
- An Inside Look at a Multimillion-Dollar Empire’s Ecommerce Tools, Shopify Plus
- Walmart Offers Discount for Store Pickup, Multichannel Merchant
- 10 examples of highly effective welcome emails, VerticalResponse
- 5 Creative Email Marketing Ideas to Try in 2017, Constant Contact
General Internet Marketing
- FTC Testimony: Where Marketers and Consumers Need to Be on Guard, 3Q Digital
- How to Orchestrate a Solid ABM Team, Marketo
- Why Ad Agencies Should Stop Charging Clients Up Front, MarketingProfs
- Don’t Let a Marketing Tool Crash Your Social Care Strategy, Conversocial
- How AI will spur marketing innovation, VentureBeat
- The Market For Ad-Tech Startups Is As Inhospitable As Ever, AdExchanger
- You have to participate in this MarTech cartoon caption contest., Chief Marketing Technologist
- How Brands Can Find the “Advertisable Moments” They’re Missing, Street Fight
- Share of Smartphone Visits to Websites in 7 Major Industries, MarketingProfs
- Amazon wants Alexa everywhere, opens microphone tech behind Echo to third-party devices, VentureBeat
- 4 Ways to Connect Social to Your Business, Adweek
- Facebook ramps up efforts to quash fake accounts, USA Today
- Facebook sits on Snapchat, VentureBeat
- How Fowler’s Chocolates Uses Facebook Ads to Boost Holiday Sales, MailChimp Blog
- How Much Time People Spend on Social Media Platforms, MarketingProfs
- How Social Media Can Bring The Right Customers For Your Business Using Word Of Mouth, Duct Tape Marketing
- Instagram Business Profiles: Why Marketers Should Upgrade, Social Media Examiner
- Just How Many Fake Accounts Are There on Facebook Anyway?, AdAge
- Should Snapchat Be Worried About Instagram Stories’ Success?, eMarketer
- Here’s how to activate YouTube’s hidden Dark Mode, The Verge
- Here’s Why National Geographic Rules Social Video, Tubular Insights
- The 9 YouTuber Statistics You Must See To Believe, MediaKix
- Western YouTube stars look to crack the Chinese social networks, Digiday
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.