Marketing Day: Location Marketing, E-Commerce Resources & Taco Bell’s Super Bowl Ad
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Data Show Dramatic Shifts In Mobile Operating System Share Over Time
Jan 8, 2016 by Greg Sterling
The latest monthly smartphone and mobile data from comScore show little change. Google’s Android continues to lead the US smartphone market, with 51 percent market share. Apple’s iOS is roughly 10 points behind. Microsoft’s smartphone market share is below three percent, and BlackBerry is at one percent.
- Enhance Search Engagement With A Complementary Paid & Organic Visibility Strategy
Jan 8, 2016 by Thomas Stern
Columnist Thomas Stern explains how paid and organic search efforts can be used together to boost ROI through increased brand awareness and visitor engagement.
- Six Trends Shaping Location Marketing In 2016
Jan 8, 2016 by Adam Dorfman
How will local marketing change this year? From apps to beacons to mobile wallets, columnist Adam Dorfman covers six trends local search marketers should pay attention to.
- 9 Examples Of Link-Worthy Resources For E-Commerce Sites
Jan 8, 2016 by Julie Joyce
Wondering how to get links to your internal e-commerce pages? Columnist Julie Joyce showcases some companies who are using creative tactics and content to attract links.
- IoT Data Helps A CRM Live Up To Its Name
Jan 8, 2016 by Loretta Jones
Columnist Loretta Jones believes that with the Internet of Things and a proliferation of data, marketers have an opportunity to better understand and meet the needs of their customers.
- Is Content Marketing A Strategy, A Tactic Or A Channel?
Jan 8, 2016 by Rachel Lindteigen
Columnist Rachel Lindteigen believes content marketing shouldn’t be a standalone tactic — it should help tell a cohesive story and shape your overall strategy.
- Making The Most Of Google Analytics Audiences Within Your Search Campaigns
Jan 8, 2016 by Laura Collins
Search marketers, have you been using Google Analytics in conjunction with Remarketing Lists for Search Ads? If not, columnist Laura Collins is here to explain the benefits.
- Study: Ads Effective As Way To Stimulate Dormant App Usage, Prevent Deletion
Jan 7, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Smartphone owners spend nearly 90 percent of mobile device time in apps. However, only a small fraction of the 25 to 40 apps on users’ devices are regularly used; the rest are neglected and eventually replaced or deleted.
- Taco Bell To Reveal Its Next Big Menu Item At Super Bowl 50… We Think
Jan 7, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
In a much redacted news release, the restaurant says it will be unveiling what could be its biggest food creation yet.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- How To Ensure Your SEO Recommendations Get Implemented
- Surviving Google’s New Policy Against Interstitial Ads
- Search In Pics: GoogleBot & BB-8, Google Onesie & Tesla Model X
- Is Your Account Leaking Money? The Importance Of Query Mapping
- Wanted: Session Ideas For SMX Advanced 2016
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
- 10 Things To Do After Your Post Goes Live, www.searchenginepeople.com
- 11 Quick Tips for Writing Compelling Blog Posts, www.problogger.net
- NFL to live-stream all London games, in talks with Apple, Google, www.reuters.com
- Facebook, Microsoft, and Google say UK spying laws are ‘a step in the wrong direction’, www.theverge.com
- White House, Silicon Valley to hold summit on militants’ social media use, www.reuters.com
- 3 Resources to Help You Choose the Right Words for Your Content, www.copyblogger.com
- Ad Blocking Will Push Native Advertising Ahead in 2016, www.emarketer.com
- Need to Crush Content Promotion? Love Your Dealers, www.portent.com
- The New Hollywood: Why Brands Are Making Movies, contently.com
- Quick Start Guide to Ad Variation Testing, blog.adstage.io
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 5 Ways Web CMS Supports the Digital Experience, www.cmswire.com
- Apple Registers Apple.Car Domain Name, www.domaininvesting.com
- 4 e-commerce predictions for 2016, www.internetretailer.com
- 6 Ecommerce Email Marketing Campaigns for Q1 2016, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Holiday e-commerce increases 13% to $69 billion, www.internetretailer.com
- How machine learning is changing online retail for good, econsultancy.com
- Second 500 retailers step up efforts to save online sales, www.internetretailer.com
- 10 brands that upped their email game this holiday season, myemma.com
- 19 Free Tools for Email Marketing, www.practicalecommerce.com
- What Marketers Need to Know About Yahoo Mail’s Birthday Makeover, www.marketingprofs.com
General Internet Marketing
- A Beginner’s Guide to Launching a Successful Marketing Campaign, unbounce.com
- Can Media Agencies Bring Order To The Chaos Of Influencer Marketing?, adexchanger.com
- Five Global Marketing Must-Haves for the New Year, www.marketingprofs.com
- Marketing Basics: Buyer Personas, www.webinknow.com
- What Star Wars Can Teach Marketers, blog.marketo.com
- Why Startup Marketers Need to Find Their Tribe, blog.kissmetrics.com
- Why You Don’t Need Advanced Strategies to Find Success in 2016, blogs.constantcontact.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- App Store Analytics Data in the Publisher Interface, www.tune.com
- Ad Executives Scout Out Latest Tech at CES for Marketing Inspiration, www.wsj.com
- How Ad Tech and the Internet of Things Will Shape the Connected Lifestyle, www.adweek.com
- BlackBerry Doubles Down on Android With 2016 Smartphone Lineup, www.cmswire.com
- Google teams up with Lenovo on smartphone with Project Tango’s augmented reality, VentureBeat
- How To Build A Mobile App In 12 Easy Steps, www.biznessapps.com
- Malicious apps in Google Play made unauthorized downloads, sought root, arstechnica.com
- Microsoft is building its own SIM card for Windows, www.theverge.com
- Why other location-based technologies could steal beacons’ thunder in 2016, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- How to Create a Google Reviews Landing Page for Your Business, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Facebook ‘Sponsored Stories’ settlement backed by court, www.mercurynews.com
- How to Create an Evergreen Facebook Ad Campaign, www.jonloomer.com
- Improving Your Social Media Strategy, smallbiztrends.com
- Social Media Evolution: What Does the Future of Social Marketing Look Like?, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Twitter Slumps to All-Time Low as Product Changes Loom, Bloomberg
- Ultimate Social Media Cheat Sheet 2016 Edition, www.blogherald.com
- What Brands Need To Know About Social Media In 2016, blog.newswhip.com
- What Creative Social Marketing Looks Likes for an Agency, simplymeasured.com
- What Will 2016 Hold for Social Marketers?, www.adweek.com
- Will millennials check out The Wall Street Journal on Snapchat?, digiday.com
- Emojis and Social Video: Top Emojis on Vine and Instagram, www.reelseo.com
- How subtitles in videos can increase engagement, www.martechadvisor.com
- YouTube CBO announces GoPro partnership, 9to5google.com
- YouTube Will Join Netflix And Amazon With Support For HDR Video, techcrunch.com