Marketing Day: Machine learning, Facebook’s latest metrics error & more
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- What the heck is machine learning, and why should I care?
Dec 16, 2016 by Dave Davies
Understanding the impact of machine learning will be crucial to adjusting our search marketing strategies — but probably not in the way you think. Columnist Dave Davies explains.
- How to get the most value from your marketing metrics
Dec 16, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
Collecting the data you need and analyzing it effectively can be a huge challenge. Contributor Tamar Weinberg explains how to focus on the right metrics to drive conversion and revenue.
- How a 2010 Colorado law suddenly stands to change internet sales tax collection for good
Dec 16, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
The Supreme Court declined to hear arguments challenging a law that requires e-commerce retailers to report consumer sales to the state.
- FAQ: Everything Facebook has admitted about its measurement errors
Dec 16, 2016 by Tim Peterson
We’ve made a list because Facebook has had to check its math more than twice.
- Demandbase survey: Marketers sure like them some AI
Dec 16, 2016 by Barry Levine
But only a few are currently using it.
- Facebook’s latest measurement error undercounted Instant Articles traffic
Dec 16, 2016 by Tim Peterson
For those keeping count, this is the fourth time Facebook has disclosed measurement errors in as many months.
- Salesforce moves beyond first-party data with Krux integration
Dec 16, 2016 by Barry Levine
The CRM/marketing giant unveils several new features for its Marketing Cloud that incorporate its recently purchased data management platform.
- It’s time to replace mobile-friendly with mobile-first
Dec 16, 2016 by Liad Agmon
Contributor Liad Agmon explains why retailers must recognize mobile as the primary medium for e-commerce this holiday season and beyond.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- How Analytics and BI Shaped the Modern Organization, www.cmswire.com
- NBCU Says New Nielsen Measurement Product Not Ready for Release, www.wsj.com
- A 2016 update on diversity at Pinterest, blog.pinterest.com
- Who said what inside the Trump tech meeting: Immigration, paid maternity leave and becoming the “software president”, www.recode.net
- Mastering Data Storytelling: 5 Steps to Creating Persuasive Charts and Graph, blog.crazyegg.com
- A better landing page experience: 4 pillars to follow, www.usertesting.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- What were the biggest UX trends of 2016?, econsultancy.com
- .Com Domain Registrations Back Under 128 Million, www.thedomains.com
- As Last-Minute Shoppers Go Online, Retailers Brace for Trouble, www.wsj.com
- How to protect your e-commerce site from criminal and competitor bots, www.internetretailer.com
- Report: Amazon widens lead on holiday sales, www.retaildive.com
- 5 Ways Your Email Marketing could be Clogging Your Marketing Funnel, www.martechadvisor.com
- Make Subscribers Merry this Season: Tips to Maximize Holiday Email Marketing Success, www.martechadvisor.com
- Those ‘Death of Email’ Stories? Consider Them Fake News, www.cmswire.com
- With Email to Millennials, You Just Don’t Know If They’re Going to Open It, www.emarketer.com
General Internet Marketing
- 7 Changes Forward-Thinking Marketers Need to Consider in 2017, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Almost 70% of CEOs now expect CMOs to lead revenue growth, venturebeat.com
- Global Advertising Forecast for 2017, www.marketingprofs.com
- How Customer Insight Can Boost Referral Marketing Effectiveness, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- How We Built a Successful Influencer Marketing Strategy, www.convinceandconvert.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- With Launch of Evoq 9, DNN Delivers Omnichannel Publishing via Microservices, www.dnnsoftware.com
- Can Creatives Ever Learn to Love Tech?, adage.com
- Marketers Are Uncertain But Embracing Mobile Location Data (Report), www.adweek.com
- Mobile travel is not ready for take-off, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Shoppers’ time spent in apps adds up on Black Friday, www.internetretailer.com
- The Top 6 Ways to Grow Your App, www.adweek.com
- Why Buy an App? Simple. The Content, www.emarketer.com
- 10 Bold Social Media Predictions for 2017, simplymeasured.com
- 6 Emerging Topics That Are Increasingly Starting Conversations on Facebook, www.adweek.com
- An Inside Look at Snapchat’s Super Bowl Game Plan and Prices, adage.com
- Calculating Social Media ROI, Trickier Than You Think?, smallbiztrends.com
- Facebook Now Lets Users Block Ads That Stir Painful Memories, adage.com
- How Snapchat and Periscope Can Grow a Business, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Marketer MVPs: Facebook Finally Wins at Facebook, adage.com
- Snapchat Rings In the Holidays With Custom Geofilters, www.adweek.com
- Sponsored posts and social media ads only influence less than 16pc of users, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Twitter Deep Dive: How to Use Social Media to 10x Your Website Traffic, moz.com
- Twitter Testing Mobile App Design With No Retweet Button, www.adweek.com
- Branded Content & Online Video: Top Takeaways from Industry Leaders, tubularinsights.com
- Facebook Live – Experiential Marketing’s New Best Friend, 3qdigital.com
- Improving Custom URLs on YouTube, youtube-creators.googleblog.com
- The Best Facebook Live Publishers of 2016, www.newswhip.com
- Twitter turning Vine into pared-down version, lets users download videos, venturebeat.com
- YouTube Quietly Backs Emerging Artists, www.wsj.com