Marketing Day: Marketing Automation, Google’s New Logo & Simply Measured Acquires Inside Social
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the Web.
From Marketing Land:
- Notablist – A Search Engine Built For Email Marketers – Includes 4M+ Searchable Email Campaigns
Founded by Michael Johnston and Dr. Minor Gordon, the site offers digital marketers a new level of competitive research.
- Driving Growth With Marketing Automation – September 9 Webcast
Essential strategies for using marketing technology to drive more revenue, reduce costs and improve overall ROI.
- Google Updates Logo To Reflect Multiple Product Lines And Screen Experiences
There have been multiple Google logo changes in the company’s nearly 20-year history, and today Google is introducing the latest one.
- Anticipating Antitrust Decision, European Firms Get Ready To Sue Google
Sensing an opportunity if the European Commission (EC) decides Google abused its market position in shopping search, a European law firm and a “public affairs” firm have teamed up to create a kind of litigation infrastructure to help European companies sue Google.
- Campus Chronicle: Cracking Content Marketing For Higher Education
Columnist Pratik Dholakiya explains how schools rely on content marketing to tell a story that matters — to effectively market to students and win over new ones.
- Simply Measured Acquires Inside Social To Boost Case For Social ROI
The combination of Inside Social’s deeper-in-the-funnel attribution with Simply Measured’s social data will better show how brands’ earned social media drives consumer behavior, company says.
- 5 Content Trends To Watch
As content marketing continues to evolve, columnist Rebecca Lieb takes a look at key trends that every marketer should keep an eye on.
- September 1: Google’s Chrome Begins Auto-Pausing Flash Ads
The beleaguered technology takes another hit as the industry shifts to HTML5.
- Negative Tweet About Your Brand? Here’s Why Responding Isn’t Enough
Columnist John Donnelly III discusses why brands need to do more than simply respond to Twitter and Facebook posts — and why analyzing and learning from customers’ social posts will give companies a leg up on the competition.
- Score Back-To-School Savings With Super Early Bird Rates. Attend SocialPro.
Battling the perception that social media doesn’t drive sales or marketing success? Attend SocialPro for proven, ROI-driven tactics that will elevate your profit, silence the critics and create a social media success story.
- Google+ Still Kicking: Collections Now Available In The iOS App
Collections, which gives Google+ users the ability to create topic-based streams, now has a home on Apple devices.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- The Finalists For The 2015 Search Engine Land Awards Are…
- Google Gets A Brand New Look: Updates Search & Now Card Visuals
- Google: App Interstitials That Hide Significant Amount Of Content Will Not Rank Well In Mobile Search Results
- Enterprise Link Building Challenges (And Solutions)
- Score Back To School Savings With Super Early Bird Rates. Attend SocialPro.
- Regulating Google Search — A Reality Check
- Google Adds More Height To Their Search Box
- Google Drops The Old Search Queries Report From Google Search Console
- Mount McKinley Becomes Mt. Denali On Google Maps; Bing Stays With Old Name
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Deterministic vs Probabilistic: Affiliate Marketing’s Cross-Device Challenge, blog.affiliatewindow.com
- What happens when data goes wrong? BAT’s CMO discusses, www.cmo.com.au
- Apple may produce original Hollywood content – here’s why that would be a great move, qz.com
- Happy personal news, yahoo.tumblr.com
- Josh Miller Leaves Facebook For The White House, techcrunch.com
- Are Brands Creating High-Quality Content?, www.marketingprofs.com
- Content Movement: How to Get Your Share of the Conversation, www.jeffkorhan.com
- Get Your Fans to Share Their Love: What Every Brand Can Learn From GoPro, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- The 6 Types of Content Will Boost Your Traffic and Engagement, blog.bufferapp.com
- What Content Mapping Is & How To Use It, www.searchenginepeople.com
- Why Do Content Producers Need to be Experts? Here’s Why with Mark & Eric, www.stonetemple.com
- Why the future of content marketing is real-time, blog.newswhip.com
- Why you Need a Content Marketing Budget for 2016, www.verticalmeasures.com
- Are Your CTAs Making Customers Feel Like Converting or Bouncing?, blog.crazyegg.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Great Titles and Web Design for Maximum Traffic, www.blogherald.com
- The design series: Introduction to Graphic design, blog.affiliatewindow.com
- Use the 7 Deadly Sins for More Persuasive Copy, unbounce.com
- Using Luntz’s Words That Work to Ignite Your Web Copy, conversionxl.com
- 5 tips for optimising Ecommerce sites in 2015, www.smartinsights.com
- Canadian shoppers turn to the web for products they can’t find nearby, www.internetretailer.com
- How Mondelez plans to transform shopper marketing via mobile, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- How to Prime Your eCommerce Website for Conversion Testing, www.goinflow.com
- PayPal.Me is suspiciously similar to Square’s “Cashtags”, qz.com
- The Future of Shopping is Mobile, www.adweek.com
- 3 Email AutoResponders Every Retailer Should Consider, www.verticalresponse.com
- 3 sales-boosting holiday email tips for retailers, myemma.com
- The Path to Holiday Email Optimization, Part I: Checking Your Foundation, blog.returnpath.com
- The What, When, and Who of Successful Emails, www.marketingprofs.com
General Internet Marketing
- Avoid These Five Online Advertising No-No’s, blog.kissmetrics.com
- Consumer Survey Reveals the Efficacy of Inbound vs. Outbound, moz.com
- How should digital marketing agencies prioritise their services?, blogs.constantcontact.com
- The Comprehensive Guide to Building an eBook for Your Lead Magnet, adespresso.com
- Why Growth Hacking Is the Next Big Thing for Marketing, adage.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Aki Launches New Mobile Ad Platform Focused On Unlocking Value of Moments, www.prweb.com
- Copyblogger Media Rebrands as Rainmaker Digital, www.copyblogger.com
- The SPLENDA® Brand Gives Consumers a Second Helping of SWEET SWAPS™ on Yahoo & Tumblr, yahoo.tumblr.com
- The rise of the marketing technologist, www.tennessean.com
- Desktop Ad Spending Is Declining As Mobile Grows, Wall Street Journal
- How to Future Proof Your Mobile Marketing Strategy, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Report: Ad Spending on the Mobile Web Doubled Last Year, www.adweek.com
- Why Your Customers’ Emotions Affect Their App Experiences, www.marketingprofs.com
- 3 Ways to Measure the Value of Your Social Media Marketing Program, www.toprankblog.com
- Consumers respond to Facebook ads differently during the holidays, www.internetretailer.com
- Engaging Your Followers on Twitter through User Research, www.usertesting.com
- Facebook Launches New TV Ad Campaign, www.adweek.com
- Facebook Widens Apsalar Mobile Management Integration to Cover Instagram, www.martechadvisor.com
- How Facebook Deconstructed the Status Update for a Lovely Series of Slow-Motion Ads, www.adweek.com
- How to Fix Your Social Media Marketing Strategy, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Introducing Improvements to Instagram Direct, blog.instagram.com
- Marketing to China’s millions: Make social media a priority, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- New messaging experience comes to LinkedIn, finally!, blog.linkedin.com
- Twitter Quality Score for Ads: What Marketers Need to Know, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Why data mined from social media alone is garbage, digiday.com
- Amazon, Netflix, Google, Microsoft, Mozilla And Others Partner To Create Next-Gen Video Format, techcrunch.com
- Dear YouTube: You Need an A/B Testing Feature, www.reelseo.com
- Facebook Proves Brands Don’t Need YouTube to Go Viral, adage.com
- How to Get Started on Blab: Group Video Broadcasting for Marketers, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- The Anatomy of Video Channels that Make Millions, www.searchenginejournal.com
- The Future of Content Marketing is Online Video, www.adweek.com
- The Marketer’s Guide to Periscope, blog.kissmetrics.com