Marketing Day: The MarTech Conference, a social media index & Adobe’s Marketing Cloud
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- IAB offers tactical advice for publishers tackling viewability
Mar 22, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
With tips for increasing viewable impressions of desktop display and video ads.
- News from the #MarTech Conference trade show floor
Mar 22, 2016 by Marketing Land Staff
Product upgrades, integration announcements and highlights from the trade show floor at the 2016 MarTech Conference in San Francisco.
- #MarTech Conference: Ultimate guide to building a martech stack
Mar 22, 2016 by Nancy White
Contributor Nancy White recaps a lively presentation by marketing technologist Travis Wright, who lays out the tools you’ll need to build a successful martech stack.
- TrackMaven releases 2016 Social Media Inflation Index: Instagram growth is huge
Mar 22, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
Content analytics firm TrackMaven released data showing the popularity of brands across social media platforms.
- Sensing vulnerability, Out-of-Home goes on attack against digital display
Mar 22, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Trade group seeks to capitalize on complexity and confusion with online display advertising among media planners and buyers.
- Why costs for local marketing campaigns vary
Mar 22, 2016 by Jenny Foster
Looking to purchase local SEO services, but wondering about the value of different tiers of service? Columnist Jenny Foster breaks it down.
- Google’s right-side Adpocalypse: What really happened (DATA)
Mar 22, 2016 by Larry Kim
When Google changed its SERP display last month to eliminate ads in the right rail, many search marketers panicked. Now that the change has been live for a while, columnist Larry Kim looks at the data to determine what, if any, damage occurred.
- 5 dos and don’ts of managing a new international PPC account
Mar 22, 2016 by Pauline Jakober
Never managed an international PPC account before? Columnist Pauline Jakober provides tips and advice on how to handle this new challenge.
- #MarTech Conference: Google dominates the marketing stacks of 150 “unicorn” startups
Mar 22, 2016 by Matt McGee
Google Analytics and other Google products are the most popular choices among about 150 “unicorn” startups, according to data presented Monday at the MarTech Conference.
- How using Zapier coupled with Pipedrive revolutionized our lead management process
Mar 22, 2016 by Rae Hoffman
Have you tried out Zapier yet? It may be time to hop on board. Columnist Rae Hoffman walks you through the workflow automator and explains how it can save you a ton of time.
- Email marketers, meet your new cubicle mate: machine intelligence
Mar 22, 2016 by Chad White
Columnist Chad White takes a look at the future of machine learning and AI in email marketing, its limits, and why humans will still have a big role to play.
- Adobe unveils its next-generation Marketing Cloud
Mar 22, 2016 by Barry Levine
It’s raining new features, including a Cross-Device Co-op, additional intelligent assistants, and a fuller integration between the Cloud and the Over-The-Top video-oriented Primetime.
- #MarTech Conference: Here are this year’s Stackie Award winners
Mar 21, 2016 by Barry Levine
Five companies were selected for how they visually presented their marketing stack of technology tools.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Link building is a human endeavor
- Evangelizing organic search success: 5 steps to elevate performance
- Local marketing: What is the true local web?
- Data show that search query volumes on the PC peaked in 2013
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
- Creating The Right Buzz For Your Business With Blogs, www.compukol.com
- I Brainstormed 180 Blog Post Ideas for You, www.problogger.net
- Apple ‘privacy czars’ grapple with internal conflicts over user data, Reuters
- Google rebrands its Chromecast app to Google Cast to reflect expansion to more devices, including speakers, techcrunch.com
- Google’s Greene Hastens Cloud Expansion in Race With Amazon, Bloomberg
- Learning Larry Page’s Alphabet, www.fastcompany.com
- Updating our Transparency Report, yahoopolicy.tumblr.com
- 5 Dang Good Reasons Why Writers Should Think of Themselves as Content Marketers, www.copyblogger.com
- 5 Ways to Rock User Generated Content, www.jeffbullas.com
- How to Create Persuasive Content: Lessons from Aristotle, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- The Simplest Ways to Make the Best of Content Marketing Challenges, www.komarketingassociates.com
- Why You Need to Write More Controversial Content, www.blogherald.com
- An Anti-Cookbook Approach to A/B Testing, blog.crazyegg.com
- How to Write Content for a Better Conversion Rate, vwo.com
- Today’s Digital Marketing Funnel (and How to Optimize Your Conversions), www.marketingprofs.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 4 Simple Product Page Layouts That Work, www.practicalecommerce.com
- The Customer-centric Site Redesign, www.goinflow.com
- What You Need to Know About User Experience Design, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 11 Proven Ways to Increase E-Commerce Conversion Rates, www.contentharmony.com
- Alibaba hits an e-commerce milestone, www.internetretailer.com
- Amazon sues former employee over new job at Target, www.reuters.com
- Online retailers egg on consumers with Easter offers, www.internetretailer.com
- Shopify for WordPress, A New Approach To E-Commerce, www.wpexplorer.com
- WTF Are Hedonic Shoppers and Why Should You Care?, unbounce.com
- 7 Essential Elements of Email Design for Retailers, blogs.constantcontact.com
- Six Easter Email Campaign Strategies to Boost Sales, www.martechadvisor.com
General Internet Marketing
- 21 Clever Spring Marketing Campaigns and Tips, smallbiztrends.com
- 4 Approaches for Navigating Influencer Marketing in 2016, www.adweek.com
- Data-Driven Marketers: Why There’s No Time Like the Present, www.martechadvisor.com
- GIFs and Cinemagraphs in Digital Marketing: The Art of Repetition, www.aimclearblog.com
- Ten Steps to Starting a Podcast, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- The ads go where?! Teaching your editors the birds and the bees of new formats, digiday.com
- What You Can Learn About Account-Based Marketing From Behavior-Driven Advertising, www.marketingprofs.com
- Why marketers must move from data to insight to action, econsultancy.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Influitive Acquires Triggerfox, Expands Power of Advocate Communities to Sales Domain, influitive.com
- Invoca Brings Calls and Conversations into the Omnichannel Customer Journey with All New Invoca for Adobe Marketing Cloud, www.invoca.com
- Lotame Releases Audience Optimizer to Supercharge Digital Campaigns, www.marketwired.com
- Primer for Publishers on Improving Ad Viewability, www.iab.com
- Quixey Appoints Industry Leader in Search Rajat Mukherjee as Chief Technology Officer, www.prnewswire.com
- #MarTech Still Needs a Human Touch, www.cmswire.com
- How can small businesses get started with marketing automation?, blogs.constantcontact.com
- Study: Majority of SMBs Struggle to Integrate Marketing Tools, www.martechadvisor.com
- 7 Reactions to Whether the New, Smaller iPhone Is Bad for Mobile Advertising, www.adweek.com
- How Google AMP Will Influence Customer Experience, www.cmswire.com
- SMS is no longer the ugly duckling of marketing, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Step-By-Step Guide to Implementing AMP on a WordPress Site, ignitevisibility.com
- This is Android N’s freeform window mode, Ars Technica
- Usability Testing Of Mobile Applications: A Step-By-Step Guide, usabilitygeek.com
- 2016 Small Business Social Media Use: 5 Trends, heidicohen.com
- 5 Snapchat Statistics That Prove Its Power, www.convinceandconvert.com
- 5 Ways to Optimize Your Pinterest Promoted Pins, www.adweek.com
- 6 Ways the Changes in Instagram’s Feed Will Impact Brands, www.adweek.com
- Andrew Zolty on the Creative Potential of the Instagram API, www.facebook.com
- Business Publishers See Growing Opportunity On LinkedIn, adexchanger.com
- Check Out the 2016 Shorty Award Winners for Best Brands on Social Media, www.adweek.com
- How to Make Instagram Ads That Stand Out, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- How to Use Pinterest for Local Businesses, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Larry Kim Spills His Favorite Facebook and Twitter Ad Hacks, www.searchenginejournal.com
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Social Media Research, www.marketingprofs.com
- The Unwritten Rules of Social Media, simplymeasured.com
- Where are they now? How these 9 social networks have fared since Twitter was born, venturebeat.com
- ClicksMob and AppGrade to create combined ad tech platform for video mobile marketing, venturebeat.com
- Hearst’s new vertical video ads take a vertical cue from Snapchat, digiday.com
- Top Experts to Unlock Video Industry Secrets, www.reelseo.com