Marketing Day: A martech wish list, GroupM viewability standards & Google Home
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- How AI and image recognition are transforming social media marketing
Aug 30, 2017 by Rob Begg
Contributor Rob Begg discusses the explosion of visual content and how artificial intelligence and image recognition are making it easier for marketers to identify visuals in social media for better metrics and customer service.
- A martech wish list: Where marketing clouds need to go
Aug 30, 2017 by Jose Cebrian
Columnist Jose Cebrian takes a look at the platforms that are currently available for large-scale marketing, particularly for email, and highlights what they’re missing and what would make them shine.
- Report: Data-Driven Marketing — Push Forward or Fall Behind
Aug 30, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
It’s no secret that data-driven marketing is top of mind for brand and agency executives. But what is surprising — shocking, in fact — is how vital first- and third-party information is for creative and execution strategies today.
- GroupM sheds light on its updated viewability standards for display & video ads
Aug 30, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
The updates come, in part, in response to speedy scrolling habits on mobile, but they also highlight tensions arising on the video front.
- Google Home partnership with Condé Nast’s Vogue offers new model for publishers
Aug 30, 2017 by Greg Sterling
It points the way toward a new form of “interactive audio” with provocative branding, content and commerce possibilities.
- Adobe adds email features in Campaign, releases survey vouching for the channel’s robust health
Aug 30, 2017 by Barry Levine
Take that, short-form messaging!
- When marketing to people you think you know, don’t be blinded by your own POV
Aug 30, 2017 by Josh Aberant
No matter how smart a team may be, columnist Josh Aberant cautions us to never make assumptions about what our customers really want.
- How to rebuild a martech stack: Entuity marketing VP on lessons learned during yearlong audit
Aug 30, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
Laurie Klausner will be a panelist for the MarTech Boston session, “Insights from Inside the Marketing Stacks of Red Wing Shoe Co., iCrossing and Entuity.”
- What YouTube’s upcoming swipe-next gesture may mean for advertisers
Aug 30, 2017 by Tim Peterson
If YouTube inserts ads between videos instead of attaching them to individual videos, would that appease advertisers concerned with how they are associated?
- Take our AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) survey
Aug 30, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
Take our survey and tell us about how you and your clients are thinking about AMP for campaigns.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- FCC flooded with comments before critical net neutrality vote, The Guardian
- Group of 17 Apple Auto Engineers Join Startup Zoox, Bloomberg
- 10 Ways to Create Content During a Vacation, CopyPressed
- How to Create Content for the Technical B2B Buyer, Content Marketing Institute
- The 3×9 Framework: Your Key to Content Marketing Success, MarTech Advisor
- 5 Digital Marketing Strategies Retailers Should be Using, Overit Blog
- For back to school basics, consumers increasingly shop online, Slice Intelligence
- Google Analytics Setup Checklist for Ecommerce, Practical Ecommerce
- Four factors that can impact the success of email subject lines, Econsultancy
- How To Use Email Automation To Significantly Increase eCommerce Sales, Jeff Bullas
General Internet Marketing
- Omni-Channel or Multi-Channel: Which is Right for You?, Shopify Plus
- What Can Marketers Do About Ad-Blocking?, Search Engine People
Internet Marketing Industry
- Gigya Adds New Features to Help Global Businesses Deploy Customer Identity Management at Scale, Market Wired
- Krush Media Teams Up With Bold Screen Media, Extending Advertisers’ Campaign Reach Across All Screens, Business Wire
- YouTube Hires Ad Agency Veteran Tom Blessington, Broadcasting & Cable
- Advertisers Want Programmatic Tech Players to Fight Fake News, eMarketer
- Chris Wright, Founder and CTO at deltaDNA talks Marketing Tech, MarTech Advisor
- For Blockchain To Work In Ad Tech, We Need To Be Honest About Its Challenges, AdExchanger
- Study: Push notifications boost in-app spending by 16%, Mobile Marketer
- The Google-Facebook duopoly extends to mobile apps: What can marketers do?, Econsultancy
- Facebook Ad Fatigue: How to Keep Your Ads Fresh, The AdStage Blog
- Facebook Targeting Overlap: How to Avoid Double Vision, Aimclear Blog
- Twitter Advertising: The Complete Guide to Targeting Options, MarketingProfs
- GE’s Sponsored Videos Electrify B2B and B2C Audiences, Tubular Insights
- How to Make Videos an Integral Part of Your Content Strategy, MarTech Advisor