Marketing Day: Mobile-location data, Facebook app install ads & more
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- The evolution of marketing platforms: From automation to journeys
Jul 18, 2016 by Barry Levine
The next generation of marketing automation is emerging, and it’s more focused on machine-informed journeys than rule-based campaigns.
- 4 reasons the world would end at the demise of local SEO
Jul 18, 2016 by Lydia Jorden
It’s hard to imagine a world without local search. Columnist Lydia Jorden delves into four different industries that must optimize for local search, paired with a specific strategy to help optimize for streamlined customer searches. Does your local search strategy encompass these techniques?
- Mobile-location data predicted Sports Authority’s demise and reveals the retailers that may benefit from it
Jul 18, 2016 by Greg Sterling
NinthDecimal analysis of consumer store visits shows broader value of retail foot traffic data.
- Lowest rates for SMX East go up Saturday. Lock in the best savings today!
Jul 18, 2016 by Marketing Land
Searching for the best performing SEO and SEM tactics? Look no further than SMX East, the most highly anticipated search marketing conference on the East Coast. SMX East returns to New York City September 27–29 — secure your seat today and lock in the best conference rates available!
- [WATCH] Marketing Land Live #20: Amazon Prime Day recap
Jul 18, 2016 by Matt McGee
This week, two special guests join us to discuss what Amazon did better this year to make Prime Day even bigger, and its impact on the e-commerce industry as a whole.
- Facebook to aim app install ads at people most likely to buy a product, complete a level
Jul 18, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Facebook will aim developers’ app install ads at the people who are likely to use it to purchase a product, complete a game level or view content.
- Quiz: Are you ready to level up your social media marketing?
Jul 18, 2016 by Ben Cockerell
Columnist Ben Cockerell challenges readers to test their knowledge of social media marketing and the latest in consumer usage patterns.
- How to drive real, measurable value with purchase intent analysis
Jul 18, 2016 by David Booth
Columnist David Booth explains why using purchase intent will help you understand what’s really important and where to prioritize your budgets.
- Back to school 2016: A shopping season for the books
Jul 18, 2016 by Adam Grow
With summer already halfway over, it’s time to start prepping for the back-to-school shopping season. Columnist Adam Grow digs into new data that reveals what you should expect from consumers this year.
- 3 reasons why digital research is backwards
Jul 18, 2016 by Peter Minnium
As digital advertising has evolved, our processes for measuring its effectiveness have stayed relatively the same. Columnist Peter Minnium explains why it’s time to rethink our approach and adopt a new learning system.
- Beco offers first battery-free beacon, which can run indefinitely on existing lighting
Jul 15, 2016 by Greg Sterling
We’re several years into the beacon and “Internet of Things” era, and only in the past year are we starting to move beyond pilot-stage implementations. Beacons have been most closely associated with retail in-store marketing (e.g., offers), but they have a much wider array of uses.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Google rolling out Price extensions for mobile text ads
- Case study: 33% of local search business is from non-locals (and 7 tips for capturing that traffic)
- The key to local SEO
- Google My Business now offering some businesses email-based verification
- Google Maps showing how long people typically spend at a store or venue
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
- 4 Ways to Become a More Organized Blogger, www.blogherald.com
- Google Wiping Out 14 year old blog illustrates why you need to control your content, www.thedomains.com
- When Yahoo Ruled the Valley: Stories of the Original ‘Surfers’, New York Times
- 4 B2B Content Secrets You Fail to Use, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Driving Engagement through Content Marketing to Leverage Customer Loyalty, www.martechadvisor.com
- Famous Content Marketers Tell How They Generate Ideas, www.searchenginepeople.com
- For Compelling Content Marketing, Think Like a Journalist, www.cmswire.com
- Learn How to Master Content Marketing Supply & Demand, www.toprankblog.com
- Two months in: Bloomberg’s content marketing arm aims to make talking heads sexy, digiday.com
- 15 Dead-Simple Hacks That Will Turn Your Site into a Revenue Machine, blog.crazyegg.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 23 clever uses for colour in ecommerce UX, econsultancy.com
- Big Insights from a Tiny House: Risk, Time, and Listening in Great Business Writing, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Conversational Interfaces: Where Are We Today? Where Are We Heading?, www.smashingmagazine.com
- How The Atlantic, Slate and others obsess about user experience, digiday.com
- Why everyone hasn’t embraced user research – yet, www.usertesting.com
- Why We All Need Design Thinking, www.cmswire.com
Display & Contextual Advertising
- How Banners Can Trigger Interactions & Improve Conversions, blog.crazyegg.com
- My conversation with Matt Mullenweg about domain names, domainnamewire.com
- How CPGs Can Evolve Consumer Relationships by Selling Direct with Digital Commerce, www.martechadvisor.com
- How to Boost E-commerce Conversions, www.searchenginejournal.com
- How Your Online Store May Be Leaking Money, www.marketingprofs.com
- Mcommerce to capture 49pc of online retail sales by 2020, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- My Amazon Dash button arrived, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Online shopping trends following the EU referendum, blog.affiliatewindow.com
- Overstock.com president Stormy Simon resigns, www.internetretailer.com
- Sell Like Amazon: 7 Examples of Triggered, Automated, and Personalized Marketing Campaigns, blog.kissmetrics.com
- Signs point to record e-commerce gains in Q2, www.internetretailer.com
- Understanding the New E.U. Privacy Shield, for Ecommerce, www.practicalecommerce.com
- 3 Emails Every Automated Welcome Series Must Have, blogs.constantcontact.com
- How NourishWise built a healthy email strategy from the ground up, myemma.com
- Order Confirmation Emails Can Build Loyalty, Sell More, www.practicalecommerce.com
- The Six Most Effective E-Commerce Email Tactics, www.marketingprofs.com
General Internet Marketing
- 4 Ways Going Digital Will Improve Your Business, smallbiztrends.com
- Four ways brands are marketing through dating services, econsultancy.com
- Legal Lessons on Social Influencer Marketing, adage.com
- The 5 Fundamentals of Account-Based Marketing, blog.marketo.com
- MarTech Health Checkup: Think Evolution, Not Revolution, www.martechadvisor.com
- The Benefits of Nurturing a Martech Culture, www.marketingprofs.com
- Google is still working on a standalone headset, www.engadget.com
- Grow your Business Beyond the App Install, www.facebook.com
- Half of Connected Devices in US Homes Are Mobile, www.emarketer.com
- Pokemon Go and Local: Why Now?, streetfightmag.com
- Smartphones Have Become a Staple of the U.S. Media Diet, www.nielsen.com
- The Missing Pieces Of Mobile Web Monetization, adexchanger.com
- The Modern iMessage Metamorphosis, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- What the mobile world does online every 10 seconds, thenextweb.com
- The Playlist Professionals At Apple, Spotify, And Google, www.buzzfeed.com
- 10 Awesome Image Creation Tools, www.internetmarketingninjas.com
- 8 Ways to Customize Slack for Social Media Marketers, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- 95 Awesome Social Media Facts You Should Not Ignore, www.jeffbullas.com
- Facebook, Instagram and Users’ Behavior and Emotions, www.adweek.com
- Former Googler Aims To Create A New Hate-Free Social Media Site, www.fastcompany.com
- How to Create Unpublished Facebook Posts, www.jonloomer.com
- Learn how #hashtags can help you, adsense.googleblog.com
- Medium aquamarine and palaces, not people, boost Instagram engagement, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Snapchat “Suggest” is the new way to get famous, techcrunch.com
- Snapchat talks with Hollywood about bringing shows to the platform, digiday.com
- Twitter May Be Liable for Sending Texts to Recycled Cellphone Numbers–Nunes v. Twitter, Eric Goldman
- What’s an Appropriate Audience Size for LinkedIn Ads?, www.clixmarketing.com
- Why Do Tweets Go Viral? The Psychology of the Most Successful Tweets, blog.bufferapp.com
- 8 Salivating Tips For Video Marketing On Facebook, www.jeffbullas.com
- CMO’s Guide to Live Video, adage.com
- How Social Channels Teach Businesses the New Rules of Video, www.adweek.com
- How to Create Sticky Content With 3 Livestreaming Apps, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- How to Increase Your Facebook Live Video Reach, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Introducing Microsoft Stream: the secure destination to manage and share videos for businesses of all sizes, blogs.microsoft.com
- Periscope Adds Editors’ Picks Channel for Viewing Curated Streams, www.adweek.com
- Periscope, Facebook Live & YouTube Mobile Live Streaming, www.reelseo.com