Marketing Day: Mobile shopping, contextual campaigns & new Amazon Dash buttons
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Conductor adds Insight Stream to its Searchlight platform
Oct 25, 2016 by Barry Levine
The new insight engine culls recommended actions from the platform’s streams of data, part of a marketing tool trend of automatically separating the wheat from the chaff.
- 11 marketing technologies & resources you probably haven’t heard of yet
Oct 25, 2016 by Travis Wright
What are some of the hottest martech tools you should know about? Columnist Travis Wright rounds up his top picks to help you boost your marketing performance.
- SEO on a budget: How a small manufacturer started a program from scratch
Oct 25, 2016 by Dianna Huff
Think you don’t have the resources for an effective SEO program? Thank again! Columnist Dianna Huff shares a case study detailing how a small business was able to make big gains with a limited budget.
- Mobile shopping is hard, but only if retailers keep it that way
Oct 25, 2016 by Liad Agmon
Contributor Liad Agmon discusses the challenges of the mobile web and why retailers need to embrace a mobile-first mentality that caters to consumers’ preferences.
- Using PPC brand protection to decrease campaign costs by 51%
Oct 25, 2016 by Lori Weiman
Columnist Lori Weiman makes the case for why it’s worth seriously focusing on — and defending — your own branded terms in paid search.
- Amazon should generate more than $78 billion from Prime members this year
Oct 25, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Roughly 65 million US Prime members spend an average of $1,200 per year.
- Why marketers must be data-driven
Oct 25, 2016 by Victoria Godfrey
Many B2B marketers lack the necessary data to make effective business decisions — or they lack confidence in the data they do have. Columnist Victoria Godfrey explains how to overcome data paralysis.
- Google Tag Manager now supports AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages)
Oct 25, 2016 by Matt McGee
Tag Manager gains support for AMP containers, along with upgrades for users that work with Firebase events and parameters.
- 8 best practices for contextual campaigns
Oct 25, 2016 by Rebecca Lieb
How do you move beyond ‘the right message to the right person at the right time?’ Columnist Rebecca Lieb explains how to get off to a successful start with contextual marketing.
- Amazon adds 66 new Dash buttons, cites “exponential growth” of Dash orders
Oct 25, 2016 by Matt McGee
New brands offering one-push ordering include Coca-Cola, Folgers, Pop-Tarts… and Amazon itself.
- Location data now becomes part of ‘big data’ in IBM’s Cognos and Watson
Oct 25, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Pitney Bowes to provide geospatial data on a global basis as a first step in a deeper location analytics partnership.
- How keyword segmentation can increase Google Shopping profits
Oct 24, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Over the past few years, retailers have seen steady growth in product listing ad (PLA) channels such as Google Shopping and Bing Shopping.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Where is Affiliate Marketing Heading?, blog.affiliatewindow.com
Blogs & Blogging
- How to Improve Blog Writing Through the Art of ‘Stealing’, www.marketingprofs.com
- Maximize B2B Blog Results: 10 Tactics You Need, heidicohen.com
- New Challenges for Advertisers & Why Bloggers and Influencers Will Be Their New Best Friend, www.problogger.net
- Pinterest’s Subtle New Headquarters Are The Opposite Of A Typical Tech Office, www.fastcodesign.com
- Twitter Said to Be Planning to Cut 8% of Workforce, adage.com
- Better Business Bureaus Add Native Advertising to Code, adage.com
- Content Essentials: A Template and Step-by-Step Guide, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Effective Content Marketing with Limited Resources, Budget & Time, www.toprankblog.com
- How to Build An Owned Media Empire With Epic B2B Content Marketing, www.toprankblog.com
- How to Manage a Global Newsroom, contently.com
- Build Landing Pages that Convert with These 3 Smart Steps, www.copyblogger.com
- How to Create Customers for Life with the Perfect Onboarding Sequence (Regardless of Industry), blog.kissmetrics.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 11 Ways to Jazz Up a Boring Sales Page Without Resorting to Hype, www.marketingprofs.com
- Why You Need to Think About Eye Tracking, www.convinceandconvert.com
- WordPress 4.7 to Introduce User-Specific Language Setting for the Admin, wptavern.com
- Big brands condemn “fraudulent” .feedback gTLD in ICANN complaint, domainincite.com
- GoDaddy builds a new (and better) domain valuation tool, domainnamewire.com
- GoDaddy/NameFind sells a handful of “The”related domain names, www.thedomains.com
- Uniregistry just released 3.5 million previously reserved domain names, domainnamewire.com
- Uniregistry says it was unaffected by mother of all DDoS attacks, domainincite.com
- 5 steps to building an effective digital coupon campaign, www.internetretailer.com
- Crack 2015 holiday trends to close 2016 holiday sales, www.internetretailer.com
- Engage, Convert, Grow: Harnessing the Power of Browser Push Notifications for E-Commerce, www.martechadvisor.com
- Google Express expands, now reaches 90 percent of U.S., techcrunch.com
- How to Reduce Risks of an Ecommerce Rebuild, www.practicalecommerce.com
- What Retailers Can Expect This Holiday Season, multichannelmerchant.com
- 4 Ways to Win With Your Holiday Email Campaigns, blogs.constantcontact.com
- How the British Heart Foundation Lifted Email Engagement with Live Polling, movableink.com
- Internet Users in France Open Marketing Emails from Trusted Brands, www.emarketer.com
- What franchises should look for in an email service provider, myemma.com
General Internet Marketing
- For Today’s CMOs, Nuance Is Dead; Long Live Nuance, adexchanger.com
- Use Business Data Feeds For Marketing Psychology Principles, www.ppchero.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Merkle Q3 2016 Digital Marketing Report Released, www.merkleinc.com
- Outreach Picks Up Where Salesforce Leaves Off Providing “System of Action” and Outbound Analytics, www.prnewswire.com
- ReviewPush Partners with Yelp to Make Online Review Management Easy for Brands and Businesses, www.prnewswire.com
- Are Retailers Using Too Much Ad Tech?, adage.com
- Does Your Marketing Technology Support Cross-Channel CX?, www.cmswire.com
- How We Built Our Content Marketing Stack to Drive 10x ROI, contently.com
- The Marketer’s Guide To Artificial Intelligence, adexchanger.com
- 3 Unique Marketing Strategies Inspired by Pokemon Go, www.jeffbullas.com
- 3 ways to overcome the blind spot in mobile fraud protection, venturebeat.com
- 4 Mobile Solutions Reshaping the Future of Retail, multichannelmerchant.com
- 7 Things to Consider When Starting a Mobile App Company, smallbiztrends.com
- How Marketers Are Closing in on the Holy Grail of Mobile Attribution, streetfightmag.com
- How to get mobile-ready this holiday season, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Keep your app users engaged with these in-app marketing tips, www.tune.com
- Mobile App Usage and Download Trends for 2016, www.marketingprofs.com
- How to Build an Authentic Brand With a Remarkable Voice, www.adweek.com
- 3 Social Media Tactics for Businesses That Struggle With Social, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- 5 Reasons Your Facebook Ads Aren’t Working, www.wordstream.com
- 6 charts: Twitter’s troll problem by the numbers, digiday.com
- 8 Best Practices For Your Google Plus Page, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Big Brands Are Enlisting Employees to Create an Army of Social Media Mavens, www.adweek.com
- Does Facebook Have a Double Standard When It Comes to Small Business Advertisers?, smallbiztrends.com
- Don’t Make These 5 Fatal Social Media Marketing Mistakes in 2017, simplymeasured.com
- How excluding some consumers improves Facebook ad results, www.internetretailer.com
- How to Find and Connect With Target Prospects on LinkedIn, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Introducing Graph API v2.8, developers.facebook.com
- Introducing Online Courses for Journalists on Facebook, media.fb.com
- LinkedIn Learning Is Offering Free Access This Week to Its Library of More Than 5,000 Courses, wptavern.com
- Social selling: What it is, and what it definitely isn’t, econsultancy.com
- The Mildly Inauthentic Nature of Social Media, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- Twitter’s MoPub service now lets advertisers buy rewarded video ads programmatically, venturebeat.com
- Twitter’s US Audience Gets More Mobile, www.emarketer.com
- What Time and Day Are Best for Social Posts?, www.emarketer.com
- 3 Interviewing Skills Every Company Must Embrace with Their Video Marketing, www.thesaleslion.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.