Marketing Day: More Buyable Pins From Pinterest, YouTube Updates Ad Viewability & Twitter Hearts
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- At IAB’s Ad Ops Conference, Ad Blocking and Header Bidding Rule
Nov 3, 2015 by Barry Levine
Viewability and HTML5 take a back seat to the threat of web users negating display ads and the option of publishers going around Google.
- Live Blog: Machine Learning Day At Google
Nov 3, 2015 by Danny Sullivan
To help educate the press — and by extension the general public — about its AI efforts, Google is hosting a special day about machine learning at its main campus in Mountain View.
- Pinterest Is Rolling Out Buyable Pins For Android Users
Nov 3, 2015 by Martin Beck
Pinterest extends access to e-commerce feature beyond iOS devices and launches The Pinterest Shop, a curated section of things to buy.
- YouTube Opens Up To Third-Party Viewability Verification
Nov 3, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
In light of industry pressure, YouTube will allow outside vendors to start reporting ad viewability in early 2016.
- It’s not B2B or B2C, It’s B2 Human: Insights From GE Healthcare
Nov 3, 2015 by Sanjay Dholakia
B2B, B2C… Don’t get distracted by the acronymns. Columnist Sanjay Dholakia believes such labels get in the way, and marketers instead need to engage with customers and tailor their messages on a human level.
- Why The New LinkedIn Group Changes Are A Community Manager’s Worst Nightmare
Nov 3, 2015 by Lauren Donovan
LinkedIn’s new Group changes are aimed at improving the quality of content shared and overall user experience. This Community Manager sincerely doubts the likelihood of either occurring.
- 10 Tips For A Very Merry Email Marketing Holiday Season
Nov 3, 2015 by Chad White
With the holiday season upon us, it’s time to super-charge your email marketing strategy. Columnist Chad White has some tips for avoiding lumps of coal and getting truly merry email marketing results.
- Goodbye Twitter Favorites; Twitter Replaces Stars With Hearts
Nov 3, 2015 by Martin Beck
Hoping to win hearts and minds of new users, Twitter dumps favorites and replaces them with likes.
- Livefyre Lights Up Its Rebuilt UGC Platform Today
Nov 3, 2015 by Barry Levine
Company integrates all of its tools into a new Engagement Cloud while adding such features as image saving, stream filtering and codeless app modification.
- Amazon Opening Physical Bookstore In Seattle, Google Abandons Store In NYC
Nov 3, 2015 by Greg Sterling
Today, Amazon is opening a physical bookstore in Seattle’s University Village. Meanwhile, across the country, Google has reportedly decided not to open a planned stand-alone retail space on Greene Street in SoHo in New York.
- A Field Guide To Amazon Advertising
Nov 3, 2015 by David Rekuc
Columnist David Rekuc walks you through Amazon’s ad formats and explains how you can achieve the best return on investment for each one.
- Zeta Interactive Buys eBay Enterprise’s Customer Marketing Division
Nov 3, 2015 by Barry Levine
Co-founded by ex-Apple CEO John Sculley, Zeta is fueling its growth as a data-driven marketing platform with $125 million raised last summer.
- SEO Trended On Twitter Thanks To #SEOHorrorStories Hashtag
Nov 3, 2015 by Matt McGee
Matt Cutts, Google Analytics and hundreds of SEOs put their worst nightmares into 140 characters and hit Twitter’s trends.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Bing Ads Academy Launches To Offer Premium Customers In-Person And Online Training
- The Qualifier: Brand Protector, Time Saver & Outreach Humanizer
- Video Optimization: Do Not Underestimate The Power Of YouTube
- Google’s App Interstitial Giant Ad Penalty Is Now Live
- Google My Business Enables Special Hours For Upcoming Holiday Hours
- Live Webcast — No Lead Untouched: How to Boost Lead Conversion
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 12 Affiliate Strategies To Maximize Q4 Revenue, thepma.org
- Why You Must Track Your Metrics, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- Google Apps For Work Passes 2M Paid Businesses, techcrunch.com
- In rare appearance, Larry Page discusses new Alphabet structure, www.reuters.com
- Twitter Engineering Manager Leslie Miley Leaves Company Because Of Diversity Issues, techcrunch.com
- What it’s like to be fired from Google: Ex-Googlers dish dirt, bgr.com
- Yahoo Partners Up to Teach Better Digital Online Safety, yahoopolicy.tumblr.com
- 7 Tools to Level Up Your Content Promotion Game, vwo.com
- Content Re-packaging: How To Finally Make Your Content Strategy Work, www.searchenginepeople.com
- How to Convert Customers’ Passions Into Inspiring Content, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- How to Pick the Best Content Marketing Tools for your 2016 Content Marketing Strategy, www.toprankblog.com
- Native Advertising, Why it is the Next Big Thing for Marketing, ignitevisibility.com
- Why Lead Nurture is Important for Content Marketing, www.verticalmeasures.com
- How to Leverage the True Potential of Landing Pages, www.jeffbullas.com
- How to Optimize the Conversion Funnel for Online Sales, smallbiztrends.com
- The Psychology Behind High Converting Sites, blog.crazyegg.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- How To Write Product Page Copy That Doesn’t Suck, conversionxl.com
- 12 ways to reduce basket abandonment on your ecommerce site, econsultancy.com
- Amazon aims to use Black Friday to boost Prime membership, www.retaildive.com
- Google wants to use drones to deliver packages by 2017, qz.com
- Retail Brands Embrace Emojis, for Marketing, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Who’s in Charge of Ecommerce Technology?, multichannelmerchant.com
- Computer, respond to this email, gmailblog.blogspot.com
- Email beats social media as best channel for customer service in retail, www.eptica.com
- How to Write a Heroically Effective Email Autoresponder Series, www.copyblogger.com
- Restaurant Group Takes a Data-Driven Approach to Email Marketing, streetfightmag.com
- The Email Obstacle Course: What Happens Between Send and Receive, blogs.constantcontact.com
General Internet Marketing
- Is being a productive marketer worth the personal price?, www.convinceandconvert.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- AppNexus Announces Launch of Viewable Marketplace, www.prnewswire.com
- Boomtrain and Marketo partner, PR Newswire
- Didit Agency Hires President of Direct Marketing Association, www.didit.com
- eXelate Expands Its Mobile User Dataset, www.nielsen.com
- Hearsay Social Delivers Predictive Omnichannel Suite, www.marketwired.com
- Hootsuite Adds Bob Elliott as SVP, Global Sales, www.adweek.com
- Integral Ad Science Introduces Pub Expert, www.marketwired.com
- Origami Logic Names Michael Logan Chief Revenue Officer, finance.yahoo.com
- As Ad Tech And Mar Tech Converge, MediaMath CEO Joe Zawadzki Prefers Partnerships Over Acquisitions, adexchanger.com
- Apple Adds A “Top Charts” Section To The Apple TV App Store, techcrunch.com
- Checking product inventory goes mobile this holiday season, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- How to combine email and SMS marketing for your small business, blogs.constantcontact.com
- Inside The New York Times’ new push notifications team, digiday.com
- iOS App Testing is Easier Than Ever, www.usertesting.com
- Latest on Mobile: Essential Takeaways for Marketers from SMX & Pubcon, www.bruceclay.com
- SMS Engagement Can Amplify Mobile Results For Merchants, multichannelmerchant.com
- State of mobile advertising 2015 Q3, operamediaworks.com
- 10 Things I’ve Learned While Learning Facebook Ads, moz.com
- 3 Psychology Principles That Boost Social Media Engagement, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- 4 Steps to Effective Social Media Measurement and Attribution, www.silverpop.com
- Facebook Page Insights explained, yoast.com
- Facebook Prods Users to Share a Bit More, www.wsj.com
- Facebook Testing New “Open in App” For Facebook Pages, www.thesempost.com
- Facebook Updates Progress on Artificial Intelligence, www.adweek.com
- Facebook’s Slideshow ads: why the focus on emerging markets?, econsultancy.com
- How to Use Hashtags on Instagram to Grow Your Reach, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Inside Facebook’s MemNets And The Drive To Bring Advanced AI To Everyday Tasks, www.fastcompany.com
- Snapchat in talks with publishers to ramp up ads on Discover, digiday.com
- Snapchat To Users: Your Snaps And Chats Are Still Private, www.fastcompany.com
- These Are The Biggest Sports Sites On Facebook, blog.newswhip.com
- Why a B2B Brand Is Experimenting With Snapchat, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Will Instagram’s Advertising Gold Rush Send Users Running?, www.adweek.com
- 73% of B2B Marketers Say Video Positively Impacts ROI, www.reelseo.com
- Is Instagram’s Boomerang App a Reaction to Vine?, www.adweek.com
- The great unboxing: How YouTube is pitching shoppable ads to brands, digiday.com