Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
Marketing Day: The new attribution challenge, adding chatbots to your arsenal & more
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- The new attribution challenge: Understanding how marketing and sales work together
Sep 5, 2017 by Shane Murphy
When it comes to attribution, many businesses face a huge disconnect between their sales and marketing teams. Contributor Shane Murphy takes a look at the challenge and how to solve it.
- Content marketing & SEO: The scalable way to be in the right place at the right time
Sep 5, 2017 by Marcus Miller
Digital marketers agree about the importance of SEO and content marketing, but contributor Marcus Miller says they’re too often kept in completely separate silos. Here’s how to bring them together.
- Expand your search marketing knowledge with an SMX Workshop
Sep 5, 2017 by Marketing Land
SMX workshops are conducted by the world’s leading subject matter experts in SEO, SEM, social and digital. Choose from one of six amazing options and join us on Monday, October 23, to attend.
- Analyst David Raab: We’ll have self-driving cars before we have self-driving marketing platforms
Sep 5, 2017 by Barry Levine
Real-world road conditions are not an unpredictable as real-world marketing conditions, he says. And current AI loves predictability.
- Add chatbots to your arsenal today: Reap the benefits during the holiday retail season
Sep 5, 2017 by Rohit Gupta
Don’t get left behind the competition this holiday season. Contributor Rohit Gupta explains why retailers should invest in chatbots before the shopping onslaught begins.
- Applause CMO: Digital tech continues to change how customers are acquired and kept happy
Sep 5, 2017 by Barry Levine
For Charlie Ungashick, the shift in recent years has changed the direction and lifespan of his marketing efforts.
- CabinetM CEO says companies do not have a handle on their marketing technology stacks
Sep 5, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
Anita Brearton, CabinetM CEO, will be moderating the “Insights from Inside the Marketing Stacks of Red Wing Shoe Co., iCrossing and Entuity” panel at MarTech Boston.
- 5 Facebook algorithm hacks to up your content marketing game
Sep 4, 2017 by Sweta Patel
It’s a question that plagues every content marketer: How do you increase engagement on Facebook? Contributor Sweta Patel shares tips to help you boost your content performance on the platform.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- How to Master Analytics like Will Smith and Amazon, Kiss Metrics
- The Four Most Important Metrics for Any Business, MarTech Advisor
- Three Ways to Measure Success in the Engagement Economy, Marketo
- How eBay is using social platforms for its UK launch, Digiday
- Instagram Says Hack That Targeted Celebrities Was Wider Than Previously Thought, Wall Street Journal
- Spotify Says Head of Video and Podcasting Operations Is Out, Bloomberg
- 7 Types of Evergreen Content You Can Create On Your Blog, ProBlogger
- Content Writer vs. Copywriter: What’s the Difference?, MarketingProfs
- The Engine That Will Fuel Your Content Marketing, Contently
- 9 Critical Skills to Build a Robust B2B Ecommerce Site, Practical Ecommerce
- Amazon Reportedly Expanding Prime Now to Canada, Multichannel Merchant
- Why e-commerce brands are flipping the script and opening brick-and-mortar stores, Digiday
- 3 Examples of Content You Can Include in Your Email Newsletter, Problogger
- How Yard House Helped Guests Find Their Favorite Beers with a Localized Email Campaign, Movable Ink Blog
General Internet Marketing
- Assessing the GDPR’s Impact on Business, CMS Wire
- Back to the Future: 5 Marketing Predictions That Were Right on the Money, Top Rank Marketing Blog
- Winning Over the C-Suite with Marketing Intelligence, MarTech Advisor
Internet Marketing Industry
- RhythmOne PLC to Acquire YuMe, Inc., Creating One of the Largest Independent Digital Video Advertising Marketplaces, YuMe
- Wizer raises $4m in Series A round, Research Live
- Content Marketing Management: Strategies, Processes & Tools, MarketingProfs
- Do Your Homework Before Searching for Automation Vendors, Content Marketing Institute
- Marketing Automation for Ecommerce, MarTech Advisor
- Apple Backtracks On The Blue Bar Of Shame For Location-Based Apps In iOS 11, AdExchanger
- How to Fix Your Underperforming Mobile Pages, Kiss Metrics
- Understanding Teens and Their Smartphone Habits – eMarketer, eMarketer
- 22 Terrific Tips to Optimize Your Twitter Business Profile, Search Engine Journal
- 7 Essential Steps For Developing A B2B Social Media Strategy, KoMarketing
- What Can We Learn From a Boosted Facebook Post with 545 Shares?, The Blog Tyrant
- How Facebook Could Force Brands to Pivot to Video, Contently
- Six ways “boring” B2B brands stole A+ social video from B2C, Econsultancy
- YouTube Live: faster, easier and more accessible, YouTube Creator Blog