Marketing Day: New Instagram algorithm, Twitter tests carousel ads & more
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Instagram’s algorithmic feed will officially roll out over the next month
Jun 3, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Instagram claims people miss 70% of the posts in their reverse-chronological feeds, so it will officially roll out an algorithmic feed over the next month.
- Gaining real estate in the inbox when campaigning in the 2016 election
Jun 3, 2016 by Scott Heimes
How can political candidates use email marketing to successfully reach voters? Columnist Scott Heimes has some tips for political senders.
- Omnichannel on the line: 4 steps to enhance the customer experience
Jun 3, 2016 by L. Erik Bratt
In an omnichannel world, how do you deliver the most relevant experience to consumers? Columnist L. Erik Bratt explains how to efficiently collect and act on the data that’s spread across the many channels.
- Twitter is testing carousel ads again, but a different type
Jun 3, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Advertisers can include up to 20 tweets, including ones sourced from normal people, in Twitter’s newish slideshow-like carousel ad format.
- How to harness the IoT of retail technology
Jun 3, 2016 by Allan Haims
As the Internet of Things transforms retail, columnist Allan Haims discusses the hurdles and how businesses can successfully integrate the vast amounts of IoT data.
- A CMO’s View: How SunTrust is maximizing its Super Bowl 50 campaign
Jun 3, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Susan Somersille Johnson shares why her brand decided to be a Super Bowl 50 advertiser and the steps it’s taking to extend its OnUp Movement.
- IBM announces Watson-powered ads that think
Jun 2, 2016 by Barry Levine
The new “cognitive ads,” launching this fall initially through IBM’s The Weather Company, enable consumers to conduct brand-related conversations with the Jeopardy winner.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Can you manage your inventory with Google Shopping?
- My SEO optimized & UI-friendly e-commerce Frankenstein
- Are we making SEO too complicated?
- Search in Pics: Google feng shui, weave & free Chromebooks
- Copa América 2016 schedule attached to Google doodle marking tournament’s 100th anniversary
- Last chance to enter the Biggest Search Geek Contest and win a free trip to SMX Advanced
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Four Key Metric Groups For B2B Marketers, thefuturebuzz.com
Blogs & Blogging
- Blogging in the Viral Age: 5 Ways to Tip the Scales in Your Favor, www.blogherald.com
- Popular “Mommy Blogger” Calls It Quits, Criticizes Blogging World, www.blogherald.com
- Facebook is changing its bylaws so it won’t make the same mistake as Viacom, qz.com
- Glassdoor Raises $40 Million Amid Investor Skepticism, www.wsj.com
- Snapchat secretly acquires Seene, a computer vision startup that lets mobile users make 3D selfies, techcrunch.com
- Twitter talks to Yahoo about merger, nypost.com
- 3 Ways to Use User-Generated Content, blog.marketo.com
- 5 Content Marketing Goals for Massive ROI, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 54 Content Writing Examples, Tools, Tips, and Resources, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- How To Create Content That Matches Your Sales Funnel, www.searchenginepeople.com
- Rainmaker Rewind: A Process for Content Marketing Success, www.copyblogger.com
- 5 Unlikely Obstacles Hindering SaaS Conversions, blog.kissmetrics.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- A Simple Button Could Fix One Of Mobile’s Most Annoying UX Flaws, www.fastcodesign.com
- How to: Edit and proofread, www.portent.com
- Just Released: Searchable Tool To Find Available .XYZ Domains Taken in .Com, .Net & .Org, www.thedomains.com
- 4 retail execs explain where they’re investing in 2016, digiday.com
- Amazon Alexa now has over 1,000 Skills, up from 135 in January, techcrunch.com
- Amazon Doesn’t Need to Own Ecommerce Delivery, multichannelmerchant.com
- Amazon Echo: The new voice in brand engagement, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Analyst: Amazon could be largest American company by 2020, www.retaildive.com
- Shoppers Are Downloading More Mobile Retail Apps, www.emarketer.com
- How to Create Emails That Perfectly Match Your Business Brand, blogs.constantcontact.com
- Memorial Day Campaigns Rundown, movableink.com
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Email Campaigns for Nonprofits, www.verticalresponse.com
General Internet Marketing
- 3 Ways We Failed at Digital Advertising, www.beyondthepaid.com
- How Live Chat is Becoming Essential in the Marketing Mix, www.martechadvisor.com
- Marketing Lessons from The World’s Most Interesting Brands, www.convinceandconvert.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Synthesio Introduces Instant Insights: Powerful New Social Insights Reporting and Alerts System, www.prnewswire.com
- West Coast Digital Agency Grows NYC Presence by Acquisition, www.cmswire.com
- Why CMOs Should Learn to Speak Geek, www.martechadvisor.com
- Are Mobile Users Returning to Apps After Trying Them Out?, www.emarketer.com
- Can Customer Messaging Apps Improve Conversions?, www.cmswire.com
- Check Out The 72 New Emojis Coming Soon To Your Phone Keyboard, www.fastcompany.com
- How Many Mobile Apps Do Consumers Use Each Month?, www.marketingprofs.com
- Push Notifications Are Important But Watch the Overload, www.adweek.com
- Want your app to be #1 on the App Store? Just give away a free sandwich, techcrunch.com
- Introducing the Yahoo Sports App for Apple TV 4, yahoo.tumblr.com
- 4 Brand-Changing Lessons from the 2016 Social Media Marketing Industry Report, simplymeasured.com
- 5 Biggest Engagement Boosting Tips for Brands on Twitter in 2016, www.newswhip.com
- 5 Tips for Creating Shareable LinkedIn Posts, contently.com
- Commerce at Twitter is not dead, techcrunch.com
- Facebook algorithm shift hits media groups, next.ft.com
- Facebook built a chat bot called “Crisis Bot” to monitor global crises, qz.com
- Facebook Interest Targeting: How Your Profile is Targeted (The Good and Bad), www.jonloomer.com
- Facebook kills off Notify news app, techcrunch.com
- How AOL Used Snapchat as a Recruitment Tool for Millennial Women, www.adweek.com
- How Snapchat Geofilters Spark Personalized Customer Storytelling, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Pin Curation: The Cornerstone of a Strong Pinterest Strategy, blog.tailwindapp.com
- Pinterest’s Real-World Pins Let In-Store Shoppers Save Real Items to Virtual Boards, www.adweek.com
- Publisher Reach on Facebook Is Down 42%, www.adweek.com
- Snapchat redesign will combine Live Stories and Discover, digiday.com
- Twitter’s anti-Semitism problem is exactly why Twitter has a growth problem, qz.com
- What Social Media Intelligence Can Do for Your Brand, www.martechadvisor.com
- This Hotel Is Giving Travelers 360-Degree Cameras to Shoot Its VR Campaign, www.adweek.com
- Video Will Account for 70% of All Mobile Traffic by 2021, www.reelseo.com
- Young Hollywood Focuses On Video Ad Quality As It Ramps Up PMP Deals, adexchanger.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.