Marketing Day: News From Today’s Apple Event, YouTube’s Top 10 February Video Ads & UK’s “Google Tax”
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Callaway Teams With Dude Perfect For Epic Golf Stunt Social Campaign
The golf brand tapped the web celebs to create engaging content around its new clubs.
- The Big News From Apple’s Event Today: TV, MacBook And Watches Aplenty
All over Techmeme are dozens of articles detailing Apple’s product announcements today. While there were many little announcements, the big news falls into three buckets: Apple TV, new MacBook and Apple Watch.
- Top 10 YouTube Video Ads In February: Super Bowl Spots Make Up More Than Half The List
Of the three remaining spots, two were GoPro ads generating more than 10 million combined views.
- Google Adapting Android To Virtual Reality To Compete With Facebook
Google is ready to go head to head with Facebook in Virtual Reality (VR) according to a report appearing late last week in the Wall Street Journal.
- UK Readying 25 Percent “Google Tax”
European governments for some time have been trying to collect more tax revenue from US based tech companies. A so-called “diverted profits” tax, popularly known as the “Google tax,” is being included in the forthcoming budget proposal in the UK.
- How To Create A Content Marketing Culture At Your Company
Contributor Arnie Kuenn provides step-by-step guidelines to getting company buy-in for content marketing.
- Check Out The All New SMX Advanced Agenda; Join Us In June 2-3 In Seattle
Ready to exchange ideas, influence the industry and build your network? Join the most accomplished search marketers in the world for Search Engine Land’s – SMX Advanced. The agenda is now posted!
- Smartphone Penetration Grows To 76 Percent In US — Report
The latest comScore smartphone data have arrived but not much has changed. The two noteworthy items in this month’s report are an increase in smartphone ownership and Pinterest’s entry into the top 15 apps list.
- The Web Of Streams
What do Instagram, BuzzFeed & Yahoo all have in common? They’re part of the “stream revolution” flowing content and ads to readers.
- AdWords On-The-Go With New Android App
The new mobile app is available for download in the Google Play store.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Meet The SEOs: Up Close @SMX West 2015
- Meet The Search Engines: Up Close @SMX West 2015
- Google Says They May Flag Broken Security Certificates In The Search Results
- SEO Nightmare: When NoIndex Goes Bad
- Check Out The All New SMX Advanced Agenda; Join Us In June 2-3 In Seattle
- International Women’s Day Google Logo Featured Worldwide
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 14 Important Marketing Metrics For Startups, www.searchenginejournal.com
- At Unilever, Engagement Metrics Drive Brand Equity, adexchanger.com
- Data Predictions for Marketing Success, thedma.org
Blogs & Blogging
- Blog Post Idea: Answer a Beginner Question, www.problogger.net
- How To Lower Your Bounce Rate With Interesting Blog Content, www.searchenginepeople.com
- MySpace – what went wrong, www.theguardian.com
- The Payment Start-Up Square Expands Its Reach Into Small Businesses, New York Times
- ‘Brand Voice’ Doesn’t Mean What You Think It Means… But You Still Need One, contently.com
- 10 Ways to Make Your Content More Shareable, smallbiztrends.com
- 3 Marketing Lessons From Tinder, contently.com
- 4 Steps to Creating Authentic Stories Your Customers Will Want to Read, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- 5 Reasons You Need a Partner for Your B2B Content Marketing Program, www.komarketingassociates.com
- Become One With Your Ideal Audience, www.jeffkorhan.com
- Five more examples of interesting content from “boring” businesses, econsultancy.com
- How to Promote Your Most Prestigious Content, smallbiztrends.com
- How Different Traffic Sources Impact Your Conversion Rates, blog.crazyegg.com
- How Landing Pages Convert Visitors into Educated Buyers, www.practicalecommerce.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Empowering Your Users with Universal Design, www.usertesting.com
- The New Watchword in Publisher Redesigns: ‘Viewability’, adage.com
- Europeans digging new gTLD more than Americans?, domainincite.com
- Etsy gets a patent covering streaming interactive online shopping, www.internetretailer.com
- Why newly founded online retailers are growing so fast, www.internetretailer.com
- 25 Comical Subject Lines That’ll Make You Crack a Smile, www.verticalresponse.com
- Authentication 101 – The Fundamentals, blog.returnpath.com
- Behavioral Emails That Keep Customers Coming Back (with Examples from My Inbox), unbounce.com
- Email Marketers Need to Pay Attention to the Apple Watch Announcement – Here’s Why, blog.movableink.com
General Internet Marketing
- How CMOs Feel About the Year Ahead, www.marketingprofs.com
- New research reveals consumers want personal experiences and control over their online personas, advertising.microsoft.com
- Programmatic Advertising Price Index, www.adweek.com
- The Modern Face of Marketing, www.compukol.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- CBS Unveils Charity App Sponsored By Toyota, blogs.wsj.com
- DialogTech Announces Adobe Marketing Cloud Integration, www.dialogtech.com
- How-To Guide: TV Tracking with Adobe Analytics, wywy.com
- Kenshoo Releases Industry’s First Mobile App for Campaign Management, kenshoo.com
- Searchmetrics Helps Adobe Experience Manager Users Build Superior Web Content, www.realwire.com
- Google is reportedly working on a virtual-reality version of Android, www.theverge.com
- 10 Apps That Will Make You More Creative, contently.com
- How SMS and Mobile Sharing Will Play An Important Role In Mobile Marketing, medium.com
- Six useful mobile marketing case studies, econsultancy.com
- StubHub, Spotify partnership aims for more personalized mobile experience, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- What’s on the Horizon for Mobile?, www.emarketer.com
- With Apple Watch Ads and Apps, the Key for Marketers Will Be Restraint, www.adweek.com
- 10 Reasons Why You Should Spend $10 Per Week on Facebook Advertising, www.jeffbullas.com
- 2015 Small Business Social Media Trends [Research], heidicohen.com
- 30 LinkedIn Social Selling Sales Triggers, marketingthink.com
- 5 Problems with How Marketers Use Social Analytics, simplymeasured.com
- 5 Ways to Get 10x More Retweets on Twitter, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 68% of Millennials follow luxury brands on social media, www.luxurydaily.com
- 7 Tips for Consistent Branding on Twitter, www.adweek.com
- 7 Visual Ideas That Will Increase Your Social Engagement, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Confessions From a Reddit Junkie and Why You Should Care, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Facebook Is Shutting Down FriendFeed, recode.net
- New Research Reveals Instagram Users Like to Shop, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Social Marketing Tools That Build Your Reach and Credibility, smallbiztrends.com
- Social Media 101: How to Create Engaging Content, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Telling Brand Stories in High-Growth Countries, www.facebook.com
- TweetDeck: How to Use TweetDeck for Twitter Management, www.razorsocial.com
- Twitter acquires Periscope for a ‘sizable’ amount, Business Insider
- Twitter’s new plan to placate Wall Street, qz.com
- What Facebook, Instagram, Twitter And WeChat Look Like On The Apple Watch, techcrunch.com
- Where Social Media and Reality TV Collide, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Why Are Social Engagement Metrics Useful?, www.stonetemple.com
- Why People Unfollow Brands on Social Media, www.adweek.com
- ‘Me’-Centric Video Strategies For The ‘Me’ Generation, MediaPost
- Here’s Twitter’s Video Strategy to Hook Brands at SXSW, www.adweek.com
- How Everyday People are Building Businesses on YouTube, smallbiztrends.com
- Web-Video Newcomers Undercut YouTube, www.wsj.com
- YouTube tests a new search bar, allgoogletesting.blogspot.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.