Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
Marketing Day: Facebook Launches Canvas, Twitter Updates Embedded Timelines & More
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- How Much Of Your Content Marketing Is Effective?
Feb 25, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Brands are spending the time and money to publish more content, but that begs a crucial question: How effective is it? Contently partnered with Adweek and surveyed 745 marketers to find out.
- Marketing Land Live #2: Google Drops Right-Side Ads, Closes Compare & More
Feb 25, 2016 by Matt McGee
Join us at 12:00 p.m. ET Friday for our second weekly live video show, and join the conversation with the #HeyML hashtag.
- Ad Tech Firm AdTheorent Launches Public Version Of Its Internal Attribution System
Feb 25, 2016 by Barry Levine
Called Barometric, the service uses street addresses of homes as the consistent ID across devices and into physical retailers.
- Nielsen Will Start Measuring Snapchat Ads
Feb 25, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Nielsen measurement means brands will be able to more accurately compare their Snapchat and TV campaigns.
- Canvas: Facebook’s Immersive Mobile Ad Experience Launches Internationally
Feb 25, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
Facebook has launched Canvas, giving marketers the ability to improve the mobile advertising experience with native immersive ads.
- Meet the MarTech Speakers: Rohit Prabhakar
Feb 25, 2016 by Marketing Land
How a path to medical science veered into a corporate plan for marketing technology
- MarTech Landscape: What Is Predictive Analytics?
Feb 25, 2016 by Barry Levine
Big data and machine learning are making computer-generated forecasting a common marketing tool.
- Brand Bidding & PPC Optimization: Best Practices For Brand Bidding (Part 3 of 8)
Feb 25, 2016 by Lori Weiman
Columnist Lori Weiman continues her series on brand bidding by discussing best practices for creating and optimizing successful branded PPC campaigns.
- Twitter Enhances Embedded Timelines
Feb 25, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
Twitter’s updated embedded timelines will give website owners and visitors a richer user experience.
- Google’s New SERP Layout: The Biggest Winners & Losers
Feb 25, 2016 by Larry Kim
What has been the impact of Google’s new desktop ad layout thus far? Columnist Larry Kim uses data to show who has benefited and who has suffered from the change.
- Seeking $1.7 Billion In Back Taxes, France Is Latest To Go After Google
Feb 25, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Billions are at stake in Europe’s flurry of tax collection efforts against US companies.
- Google Launches AMP Listings; Here’s How They Look
Feb 25, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
AMP is now out in the wild in the mobile Google news carousel. Try it yourself now.
- 3 B2C Strategies You Can Eliminate When Doing Account-Based Marketing
Feb 25, 2016 by Peter Isaacson
Columnist Peter Isaacson outlines three mass marketing tactics that you should say goodbye to when planning your Account-Based Marketing strategy.
- How To Get Started With Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP)
Feb 25, 2016 by Paul Shapiro
Google is currently rolling out accelerated mobile pages in its mobile search results, but how can you get in on the action? Columnist Paul Shapiro explains how you can mark up your mobile pages for a better mobile user experience.
- Your 2016 Mobile Marketing Playbook
Feb 24, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
In recent years, more than 30 billion phone calls were made to businesses from mobile searches. According to independent research advisor BIA/Kelsey, that number is projected to increase by more than twice that amount by 2018, with calls projected to reach an astounding 73 billion.
- PlaceIQ & Acxiom Use Location Data To Measure Offline Impact Of Addressable TV
Feb 24, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Location analytics are being used in an expanding number of ways to measure the real-world impact of digital and traditional media.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- The Death Of Search Marketing Expertise
- Google Is Fixing The “Permanently Closed” Problem
- Setting Local SEO Expectations: 3 Points To Hit Early And Often
- Google Explains How Search Console Reports Work
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- As Messaging Takes Over The World, Marketers Need Better Metrics, adexchanger.com
- Metrics Overload? How to Streamline Marketing Data, smallbiztrends.com
- Metrics that matter: Marketing benchmarks and stats to create extraordinary results, www.martechadvisor.com
- Turning on the Light in Content Analytics’ Dark Room, contently.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 4 Blog Best Practices for Small Businesses 2016, www.blogherald.com
- 5 Things to Do after You Hit “Publish” on Your Next Blog Post, www.problogger.net
- Amazingly Effective Optimization Techniques For Your Blog, smallbiztrends.com
- What Should You Write About on Your Company Blog?, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- Apple’s Other Court Showdown to Watch, www.wsj.com
- France seeks 1.6 billion euros in back taxes from Google, www.reuters.com
- Marissa Mayer tries pushing Yahoo in New York, nypost.com
- Microsoft Agrees to Acquire Xamarin, Wall Street Journal
- 8 Tips for Content Marketing Success, www.copypress.com
- Content Consumption Cycle: Seen-zone Vs. Appreciation, www.blogherald.com
- Create amazing content to get amazing links and social love, www.cornwallseo.com
- How to Create How-To Content That Doesn’t Suck, contently.com
- How to Keep the Creative Content Spark Alive, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Why (and How) Marketers Need to Become Content-Efficiency Experts, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Why Content Personalization Is Not Web Personalization (and What to Do About It), conversionxl.com
- Yes, You Need to Feng Shui Your Content, www.cmswire.com
- How to Text Your Sales Prospects to Increase Conversions, www.marketingprofs.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 10 Most Common Web Design Mistakes Small Businesses Make, usabilitygeek.com
- Cognitive Psychology for UX: 7 Gestalt Principles of Visual Perception, www.usertesting.com
- How to Get a Logo Accepted: Eight Steps To a Better Design Workflow, www.smashingmagazine.com
- Accelerate Digital Commerce with Content Management, www.cmswire.com
- These Are the 2016 Digital Trends Consumers Love, www.adweek.com
- What are sticky ecommerce elements?, econsultancy.com
- What HTML5 Means for Ecommerce Merchants, www.practicalecommerce.com
- How to Better Manage Email Unsubscribes, blog.movableink.com
- The Perfect Email Is Short, Simple, And Not Too Emotional, www.fastcoexist.com
- Why email will never die, myemma.com
General Internet Marketing
- How to Create a List Building Blitz Campaign, www.amyporterfield.com
- How To Master Real-Time Marketing, blog.newswhip.com
- Is Your Digital Marketing Strategy Red Carpet Worthy?, www.toprankblog.com
- The Dangerous Data Leak That Is Costing Marketers Their Jobs (And How to Fix It), blog.kissmetrics.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Major Upgrades to SDL WorldServer and SDL TMS Increase Translator Productivity and Enhance Localized Experiences, www.businesswire.com
- Rakuten Marketing Makes its Foray into Social Advertising with Acquisition of Product-Intelligence Company Manifest, marketing.rakuten.com
- Return Path and Civis Analytics Partner to Bring Unprecedented Insights Into Consumer Behavior, returnpath.com
- Rocket Fuel Names Rex Jackson as Chief Financial Officer, rocketfuel.com
- The Only Intent-Driven Account Based Marketing Just Got Better With Madison Logic and HG Data Uniting to Help Marketers Predict Install-Based Users Currently In-Market, www.marketwired.com
- 3 Ways to Survive the Crowded Marketing Technology Arena, www.martechadvisor.com
- Big Tech Firms Are Ready for the Internet of Things, Even If Marketers Are Not, www.adweek.com
- Four Ways ‘Straight Talk’ Will Spark a Revolution in Ad Tech, adage.com
- Marketing hated IT, and IT hated marketing – and that wasn’t right, chiefmartec.com
- Automattic Adds AMP Support to WordPress.com, Releases Plugin for Self-Hosted Sites, wptavern.com
- How Location Data Can Make or Break Your Business, www.convinceandconvert.com
- How Mobile-Friendly Are B2B Websites?, www.emarketer.com
- How publishers are using Google AMP across Europe, digiday.com
- The piece of code that could make or break a mobile advertising program, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- WordPress Sites Now Support Googleâï¿½ï¿½s AMP To Make Mobile Pages Load Much Faster, techcrunch.com
- 10 Chrome Extensions That Guarantee Better Results On Your Social Media Marketing Efforts, blog.crazyegg.com
- 4 Little-Known Tools to Curate and Publish Content, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- 6 Things BuzzFeed Does Better Than Anyone Else on Social Media, simplymeasured.com
- Advertisers :( cannot use new Facebook ‘reactions’ to target viewers, www.reuters.com
- Facebook Is Killing Instagram Engagement With The Advertising Ramp Up, locowise.com
- Here’s Why You’re Failing By Ignoring LinkedIn As a Content Platform, www.adweek.com
- How Instagram polices its growing ad business, digiday.com
- How NASCAR Creates Exciting Fan Experiences on Social Media, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Mark Zuckerberg Rips Facebook Employees for Defacing “Black Lives Matter”, blogs.wsj.com
- Nearly Eight-in-Ten Reddit Users Get News on the Site, www.journalism.org
- Overcoming Obstacles When Branding with Social Media, www.compukol.com
- Snapchat Inks Nielsen Deal and Signals That It’s Taking Ad Performance Data Seriously, www.adweek.com
- Social Media Celebrity Endorsements That Paid Off, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Which Instagram Photo Filters Are the Most Popular?, www.adweek.com
- Blur moving objects in your video with the new Custom blurring tool on YouTube, youtubecreator.blogspot.com
- New York magazine gets serious about video, especially on Facebook, digiday.com
- The Official Twitch Blog Introducing Chat Replay, blog.twitch.tv