Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
Marketing Day: Omnichannel marketing, 4D interactive ads & Snapchat’s redesign
Amy Gesenhues on November 30, 2017 at 4:00 pm
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- To marketers, the future looks like touch point whack-a-mole
Nov 30, 2017 by Mike Herrick
The number of consumer touch points is growing exponentially, and contributor Mike Herrick believes that for brands to keep up, they’ll need to rethink their martech stacks.
- It’s time to get real about omnichannel marketing
Nov 30, 2017 by Kristin Cronin
Omnichannel isn’t the be-all and end-all. Columnist Kristin Cronin explains why creating the right message and experience for customers is more important than utilizing every channel.
- ironSource’s ‘4D Interactive Ads’ deliver personalization (and data) through interactivity
Nov 30, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
Advertisers can glean behavioral data based on the choices users make when engaging with the ads.
- Is establishing a brand-safety KPI a good idea?
Nov 30, 2017 by Rob Rasko
Columnist Rob Rasko discusses the benefits of providing marketers and their agencies with a single metric for measuring brand safety.
- Embedding images in email? Consider these 3 techniques
Nov 30, 2017 by Scott Heimes
Embedding images in an email can be tricky. Columnist Scott Heime walks you through three methods email marketers use to help you prepare for potential hurdles.
- Report: Google to reabsorb Nest to better compete with Amazon in smart home market
Nov 30, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Nest was acquired in 2014 for $3.2 billion and later became one of the company’s “other bets.”
- Choosing an enterprise SEO platform
Nov 30, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
With hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands, and even millions of pages, sites, social conversations, images and keywords to manage and optimize, enterprise SEO has become increasingly complicated and time-consuming. Using an enterprise SEO platform can increase efficiency and productivity while reducing the time and errors involved in managing organic search campaigns.
- Facebook halts advertisers from using targeting to exclude racial groups
Nov 30, 2017 by Tim Peterson
ProPublica revealed last week that Facebook’s ad-targeting options could still be used to discriminate against ethnic groups and violate federal law.
- What Snapchat’s major redesign and algorithmic feed means for marketers
Nov 29, 2017 by Tim Peterson
In a major overhaul, Snapchat will divide the app with friends on one side and everyone else, including brands’ organic Stories, on the other.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
- Swrve adds support for OTT TV apps
Nov 30, 2017 by Barry Levine
The expansion of the app-oriented marketing platform highlights OTT’s increasing attractiveness for marketers and Swrve’s continued expansion.
- Faster, cheaper and more efficient: AI-powered market research is here
Nov 30, 2017 by Robin Kurzer
Response:now uses machine learning to save companies time and money with automatically produced, actionable research insights.
- Is pixel tracking dead?
Nov 30, 2017 by Pete Cheyne
Contributor Pete Cheyne believes it’s time for marketers to move past pixel-based tracking and take control of their data.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 6 Ways To Use Instagram To Boost your Brand Presence, Social Media Explorer
- Expanding Community on YouTube, YouTube Creator Blog
- Is Content the Key to Retailers Beating the Retail Apocalypse?, Multichannel Merchant
- November Highlights in Facebook Business News, Facebook Business
- Report: High-Tech Marketers Turn to ABM to Meet Rising Customer Demands, KoMarketing
- Small Businesses Prefer Facebook Over Adwords, Search Engine People
- The Era Of Cookieless Targeting, AdExchanger
- There are now 25M active business profiles on Instagram, TechCrunch
- What Amazon’s New AR, VR App Builder May Mean for Marketers, CMS Wire
- Why Emotion Is So Essential to Effective Video Marketing, Convince and Convert