Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
Marketing Day: Periscope analytics, Pinterest Propel & Cortana & Siri
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Marketing automation struggles to reach its full potential
Mar 29, 2017 by Mary Wallace
Marketers are rushing to adopt marketing automation platforms, but many are unable to implement it effectively. Columnist Mary Wallace explores the reasons for this.
- Study: PPC cannot accurately identify winning organic titles
Mar 29, 2017 by Brian Wood
Contributor Brian Wood from Wayfair.com shares data which suggests that title tags that perform well in paid search don’t necessarily indicate winning SEO titles.
- 4 major barriers to being linkable
Mar 29, 2017 by Julie Joyce
Columnist Julie Joyce explores some of the most common issues that interfere with naturally attracting good links.
- The new marketing mindset
Mar 29, 2017 by Justin Dunham
Columnist Justin Dunham believes that it’s crucial for marketers to understand and work with digital marketing technology — and that means that in order to get the most out of such tools, we need to develop practices that help us use them effectively.
- How to use social proof in your marketing campaign
Mar 29, 2017 by Timothy Carter
From reviews to user-submitted content, contributor Timothy Carter explains how the various types of social proof can bolster your brand.
- Periscope launches analytics dashboard & activity tab for video creators
Mar 29, 2017 by Tamar Weinberg
Twitter-owned Periscope is growing up a bit today with a new dashboard that collects several data points to show creators how viewers are engaging with their live videos and replays.
- Pinterest launches Propel, a hands-on support program for new advertisers
Mar 29, 2017 by Greg Finn
A new 30-day program launched by Pinterest will give advertisers training, access to creative resources and support for their ad campaigns.
- The connected brand: A framework to guide content and creative development
Mar 29, 2017 by Thomas Stern
In part one of his multipart series on the connected brand, contributor Thomas Stern dives into the elements that make for a cohesive brand experience across all channels: voice, personality and messaging.
- Video ads for direct response: What’s the best length?
Mar 29, 2017 by Andrew Waber
Columnist Andrew Waber dives into recent Facebook video advertising data to help you discover the length and format that will work best for your video creative.
- Through Affinity Solutions, brands can now target the purchase histories of customers from 4000 banks
Mar 29, 2017 by Barry Levine
The launch of its Marketing Cloud makes these histories available for predictive marketing and sales attribution.
- Cortana comes to Android’s lockscreen, Siri does some new tricks
Mar 29, 2017 by Greg Sterling
comScore estimates roughly half of all search queries will be voice-initiated by 2020.
- Mobile now accounts for nearly 70% of digital media time [comScore]
Mar 29, 2017 by Greg Sterling
As desktop sputters, digital growth is all mobile — as evidenced by a slew of new comScore data.
- Reduce shopping cart abandonments at every step of the customer journey
Mar 28, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Companies lose $18 billion in sales revenue each year from cart abandonment, with over $4 trillion worth of merchandise predicted to be abandoned in online shopping carts this year alone. Organizations that succeed with reducing cart abandonments are the ones who effectively tailor and deliver personalized experiences at each stage of the journey: before a […]
- Amazon’s newest idea: Online grocery orders delivered directly to your car
Mar 28, 2017 by Matt McGee
Company has two AmazonFresh Pickup physical locations in Seattle where employees are testing grocery delivery via drive-in service.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Data in Your Pocket: the Google Analytics App!, E-nor
- How to Setup Google AMP Webpages with Analytics Tracking, Crazy Egg
Blogs & Blogging
- 6 SEO Friendly Tips to Improve Site Speed on WordPress Blogs, Copyblogger
- The One Type Of Blog Post The Will Transform Your Blog Immediately, problogger.com
- WordPress Relaunches Plugin Directory with New Design and Improved Search Algorithm, wptavern.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
Display & Contextual Advertising
- Did Sedo lead the seller of DWN.com to price it so low ?, The Domains
- With Almost 10% Of New gTLD Registrations In Upcoming Delete Status; The Peak Of 28.8M May Stand Until .Web, The Domains
- The Container Store gets e-commerce performance boost from Yottaa, www.retaildive.com
- The future of retail: Is your business prepared?, eConsultancy
- Top 5 Ways Sellers Struggle on Amazon (and what will fix them), www.marketingwords.com
General Internet Marketing
Internet Marketing Industry
- HubSpot Launches Education Partner Program to Bring Inbound Marketing and Sales to the College Classroom, www.hubspot.com
- Are We Really Having the ‘ECM is Dead’ Conversation Again?, www.cmswire.com
- Machine Learning Will Help Publishers Modernize Content, Ad Age
- The 3 Most Important Reasons Marketers Use Marketing Technology, Contently
- The potential of blockchain technology: what every marketer should know, Chief Marketing Technologist Blog
- There’s a Disconnect in Connecting Marketing Tech Tools, eMarketer
- App Annie: Android to top iOS in app store revenue this year, TechCrunch
- How New Location Data Tools Are Making Attribution a Reality, Street Fight
- Localytics Solves Marketers’ Biggest Data Challenge with the Launch of Direct Access, PR Newswire
- Retale Offers In-Store Foot Traffic Guarantee On In-App Inventory, Ad Exchanger
- Waze gets into the order-ahead business with Dunkin’ Donuts, www.chicagotribune.com
- Updated Yahoo Mail App Brings You Top Search…, Official Yahoo Blog
- 5 Secrets of Creating Shareable Content, Social Bakers
- 6 Useful Social Media Tools for Marketers, Social Media Examiner
- Facebook opens up 360-degree live streaming to all, TechCrunch
- Interview: Why NASA’s Social Media is Out of This World, Newswhip
- What the commodification of (Snapchat) Stories means for marketers, eConsultancy