Marketing Day: Quality content, marketing to Millennials & Android’s “Nearby”
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Broad match: What is it good for?
Jun 10, 2016 by Brett Middleton
Columnist Brett Middleton describes how to use broad match in paid search campaigns as a keyword research tool.
- What is quality content?
Jun 10, 2016 by Patrick Stox
Columnist Patrick Stox takes a comprehensive look at what Google might consider to be “quality content” and adds his own thoughts and tips based on his experience in the SEO industry.
- Data platform Quantifind’s new Analysis application lets marketers ask their own questions
Jun 10, 2016 by Barry Levine
Menlo Park, California-based firm has used similar approaches to discover which social conversations connect to terrorism.
- Do you have the right local SEO tools for the job?
Jun 10, 2016 by Andrew Shotland
Planning and executing a local search campaign requires a lot of data and insight, making a good local SEO tool stack invaluable. Columnist and local search expert Andrew Shotland shares his.
- The struggle is real: Marketing to Millennials
Jun 10, 2016 by Nicole Shariat-Farb
Columnist Nicole Shariat-Farb shares some steps retail marketers can take to connect with this vitally important demographic where they live — online and on their smartphones.
- Android “Nearby” uses beacons to push apps and sites relevant to user location
Jun 10, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Service will alert users about apps or websites that have value in that place or business location.
- The 8 biggest myths about guest posting
Jun 10, 2016 by Timothy Carter
Don’t believe everything you hear about guest posting. Columnist Timothy Carter discusses the top myths surrounding guest posting and how you can tap into its rewards.
- Attribution, one step at a time
Jun 10, 2016 by James Collins
Attribution can feel like a daunting task, but columnist James Collins breaks down his strategy for delivering a winning attribution model.
- Lenovo launches first-ever phone equipped with space-sensing Google Tango
Jun 9, 2016 by Barry Levine
Called the phab2PRO, the new device offers the ability for marketers to place products and experiences right in people’s living rooms.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Google: Autocomplete does not favor any candidate or cause
- Infographic: The ultimate guide to SEO-friendly URLs
- The big picture guide to local SEO: ranking in 2016 & beyond
- How to prepare for AdWords’ expanded text ads and device-based bidding
- Search in Pics: SEO robots, Google fish tank & a koala
- Android launcher and search engine Evie “reimagines” the mobile home screen
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Don’t Let Quality Metrics Turn Into Snake Oil, adexchanger.com
Blogs & Blogging
- Medium Is Becoming a Major Platform, for Better or Worse, contently.com
- Q2 2016 Progress Report On Our Product Prioritization, yahoo.tumblr.com
- How to Prove Your Content Is Driving Revenue, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- This Month in Data Science: How Is Content Changing Over Time?, contently.com
- Why consumer-generated content is key for today’s retailers, www.internetretailer.com
- 3 Major CRO Challenges & How to Overcome Them, unbounce.com
- 7 Strategies for High-Converting Landing Pages, www.wordstream.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 5 Ways to Improve Your App’s User Experience, www.tune.com
- A Designer’s Guide To Apple’s WWDC, www.fastcodesign.com
- How to Monetize Your Non-Ecommerce Website Without Being A Spam Lord, blog.crazyegg.com
- My successful domain option deal and things to consider, domainnamewire.com
- Breathe New Life into Your Omnichannel Strategies, www.cmswire.com
- Creating Better A/B Tests for eCommerce, vwo.com
- How to Make Multichannel Marketing Work, www.emarketer.com
- Report: Online apparel sales will rise 20% over next four years, www.retaildive.com
- The case for GIFs in email, myemma.com
- When Should You Use Employee Email Signatures as a Marketing Channel?, www.convinceandconvert.com
General Internet Marketing
- Before You Go “All In” with Account-Based Marketing, blog.netline.com
- Cross-Channel Consistency: The Key to Efficient Personalization and User Engagement, blog.kissmetrics.com
- Help Wanted in the C-Suite: Chief Media Officer, adage.com
- Influencer Marketing: What You Need to Know to Get Started : Social Media Examiner, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Is the excitement around digital marketing opportunities distracting from the product?, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Let Go Of Your Viral Marketing Dreams, www.cmswire.com
- The Ultimate Emoji Guide for Marketers, www.searchenginejournal.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- 4C University Helps Marketers Master Planning, Buying and Measurement Techniques Across TV and Social Media, www.marketwired.com
- Experian Marketing Services’ Steve Wagner appointed to DMA Board of Directors, www.prnewswire.com
- How utilized is marketing automation today? An expert weighs in, chiefmartec.com
- MarTech’s Buzzing Billions – Buys, Bots and Business as Usual say Insiders – All for a Great CX!, www.martechadvisor.com
- The ultimate bot guide for marketers: 11 strategies for success, venturebeat.com
- 4 ways retailers can use mobile phones to personalize the shopping experience, www.internetretailer.com
- 6 practical applications of mobile moments for CPG marketers, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- App Store subscriptions don’t solve problems for most developers, www.macworld.com
- Facebook forces its photo-sharing app Moments to the top of the App Store, techcrunch.com
- Should apps convert to subscription model as Apple, Google rethink revenue sharing?, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Keeping your account safe, Twitter Blog
- 2 billion monthly idea searches and counting, blog.pinterest.com
- Facebook to retailers: ‘Every company needs to invest heavily in mobile’, www.retaildive.com
- How Twitter’s Big Shift Affects Marketers, www.socialbakers.com
- Mobile and video are key to reaching shoppers on Facebook, www.internetretailer.com
- Quickly Boosting Twitter Engagement 2-4x Using GIF Files from Videos, www.buzzmaven.com
- Social Media and the Presidential Primaries: The Lessons of 2016, www.martechadvisor.com
- The Latest Ad Specifications for Social Networks, www.adweek.com
- Twitter: Passwords Leaked for Millions of Accounts, www.wsj.com
- What Is Facebook Ad Targeting & How To Use It, www.searchenginepeople.com
- Chewbacca Mom Is Just the Beginning, contently.com
- Facebook now lets users comment with a video, techcrunch.com
- Music Industry Wants More Money From YouTube, www.adweek.com
- The Most Popular Types of SMB Marketing Videos, www.marketingprofs.com
- TV Sized Football Audiences on YouTube for UEFA Euro 2016, www.reelseo.com
- Where Is All This YouTube Content Coming From?, www.adweek.com