Marketing Day: Reddit’s new VP of ad products, ABM tools, evolution of inbound marketing
Amy Gesenhues on January 9, 2019 at 4:01 pm
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Google Chrome’s filtering of ‘annoying’ ads will apply to sites worldwide starting in July
Jan 9, 2019 by Ginny Marvin
Sites that don’t adhere to the Better Ads Standards could see ads blocked.
- Reaching global equilibrium: The value of consent and user preference
Jan 9, 2019 by Ben Barokas
While consent is core to operating ethically, it is crucial not to forget about user experience.
- Reddit hires former Twitter ad team director as VP of ad products, engineering
Jan 9, 2019 by Amy Gesenhues
Shariq Rizvi will report to CEO Steve Huffman and lead Reddit’s monetization and ads product team.
- ABM is maturing, here are some tools to help build successful campaigns in 2019
Jan 9, 2019 by Cara Caruso
Top ABM tools have different platforms with their own focus in core competencies. Review these four areas before making your choice.
- HubSpot CEO Brian Halligan reflects on the evolution of inbound marketing
Jan 9, 2019 by Ben Jacobson
Although the concepts of inbound theory are no longer revolutionary, it’s still possible to move the needle on returns with the right kind of attention.
- Instagram’s e-commerce success is building with Stories
Jan 9, 2019 by Jon Kroopf
Instagram’s shoppable update for Stories earlier this year and a standalone IG Shopping app in development, it is well positioned to continue its journey into e-commerce.
- The coming battle between ABM and marketing automation tools
Jan 8, 2019 by Barry Levine
Gartner VP/analyst Todd Berkowitz talks about the evolution of Account-Based Management and what it might mean for marketers.
- Quora advertisers can now retarget users who looked at specific questions
Jan 8, 2019 by Robin Kurzer
Question Retargeting campaigns run across the Quora platform.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
- Cuebiq, Verve-HERE announcements show utility of location as targeting, attribution tool
Jan 9, 2019 by Greg Sterling
Cuebiq announced linear TV offline attribution; Verve and HERE are working on bringing digital OOH to in-car infotainment systems.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 2019 Email Marketing Statistics: We Analyzed 1,000 Emails from Today’s Top Experts, AWeber
- 4 Tips for Facebook Ad Optimization, Clix Marketing
- Health care industry spends $30 billion a year on marketing, NBC News
- Publishers are mostly recycling YouTube videos for IGTV, Digiday
- Study: 57% of shoppers use retailer mobile apps in-store, Retail Dive
- Technology on Reddit, Upvoted
- Twitter will test new conversation features out in the open, Engadget
- Use of SMS or Call Log permission groups, Google Play Console Help
- Will LinkedIn Ads Take 2019 By Storm?, CMS Wire