Marketing Day: Responsive design for Gmail, Grubhub’s CMO & SMX East updates
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Gmail finally supports responsive design: answers to 4 burning questions
Sep 30, 2016 by Chad White
Google has started rolling out support for responsive email design in its various Gmail clients. Columnist Chad White explains what email marketers should and shouldn’t do in light of this dramatic change.
- Updating your SEM toolbox with new, shiny tools –- SMX East 2016
Sep 30, 2016 by Pauline Jakober
Ask any PPC professional the secret of their success, and they’ll often point to tools that help them do their jobs better. Columnist Pauline Jakober recaps a session at SMX East where the best of these tools were discussed.
- The four pillars of the future of SEO
Sep 30, 2016 by Pratik Dholakiya
What does the future of search engine optimization have in store for us? Columnist Pratik Dholakiya looks at recent trends to explain the direction our industry is headed in.
- What’s new and cool at Google from SMX East 2016
Sep 30, 2016 by Mark Traphagen
At this year’s SMX East, Googlers Jerry Dischler and Babak Pahlavan shared recent updates and what’s coming to AdWords and Google Analytics. Columnist Mark Traphagen was on hand to cover the highlights.
- Grubhub’s CMO creates organizational agility to collect diners’ real-time presidential preferences
Sep 30, 2016 by Nadine Dietz & Erica Seidel
Barbara Martin Coppola, CMO of Grubhub, tells contributors Nadine Dietz and Erica Seidel how she has created a truly agile marketing organization with 37% year-over-year company revenue growth.
- Up close at SMX: Using paid search and social together
Sep 30, 2016 by Kristi Kellogg
Columnist Kristi Kellogg recaps a session at SMX East that dives into how marketers can integrate their paid search and social efforts for better marketing results.
- PullString unveils all-purpose intelligent conversation platform
Sep 29, 2016 by Barry Levine
Staffed by ex-Pixar employees, the company describes the new release as the most complete expressive toolkit for text- and media-based characters.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Why call tracking helps improve PPC lead generation account performance
- Authority & link building with real-time Penguin
- Search in Pics: Google & YouTube cake, pumpkins & DJs
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Google’s ride-sharing platform is now live in San Francisco, www.engadget.com
- 3 Rules for Creating Branded Content About the Election, contently.com
- Aim for the Stars: Creating Truly Killer Skyscraper Content, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Content Marketing: More or Less? Find Your Fit, blog.marketo.com
- Is It Time to Standardize Disclosure for Sponsored Content?, www.adweek.com
- What You Gain (and Lose) With Ungated Content, contently.com
- The Blueprint for a Perfectly Testable Landing Page, blog.crazyegg.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 8 Questions to Ask Before Redesigning Your Website, smallbiztrends.com
- Take These 5 Steps Toward Refining Your Writing Process, smallbiztrends.com
- 2016 Could be a record year for domain disputes at the WIPO, www.thedomains.com
- G Suite: Major Google Rebrand Without Domain Name, www.domaininvesting.com
- Status for .GLOBAL after two years, go.global
- How Personalization Tools and Technology Help E-retailers Market More Effectively, www.martechadvisor.com
- Promotions Drive the Back-to-School Season Online, oneclickretail.com
- The case for reward-based advertising, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- The Power Shopper: Who They Are and Why They Matter, multichannelmerchant.com
- With its Gift Guide newsletter, BuzzFeed gets serious about e-commerce, digiday.com
- List Building: How to Grow Your Email List Using Facebook Live, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Why Clients Render Email Differently, blog.mailchimp.com
General Internet Marketing
- 4 Things You Should Know About Podcast Advertising, According to the Pros, www.adweek.com
- Best Practices for Real-Time Personalization, adage.com
- Brand Ambassadors: Choosing and Maintaining a Relationship with the Right Person, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- Two different paths to influencer marketing: Which is best for you?, econsultancy.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Ad Tech: Stop Calling It An Apocalypse, adexchanger.com
- History of Marketing Technology and What’s Special about Journey Orchestration, www.martechadvisor.com
- 7 Insights to Help Refine Your App Notification Strategy, www.adweek.com
- 80% of consumers experience mobile shopping satisfaction despite security concerns, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- AMP Roadmap Update for End-Q3 2016, amphtml.wordpress.com
- Why CMOs Should Embrace Mobile App Development, www.cmswire.com
- 4 Ways to Build Trust and Influence on LinkedIn, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- How One Company is Using Random Acts of Kindness to Build Their Brand, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- 7 tips for a successful Halloween social media strategy, www.internetretailer.com
- Facebook “Messenger Day” is the chat app’s new Snapchat Stories clone, techcrunch.com
- Facebook is now available in Corsican, Fula, and Maltese, venturebeat.com
- Facebook test prompts users to connect with friends abroad by posting a status update, venturebeat.com
- Facebook Tests Tagging Products on Pages With Catalogs, Shop Sections, www.adweek.com
- Facebook Unveils (Then Veils) New Custom Audience: Link Sharers!, www.wordstream.com
- How Instagram Stories Can Help Your Brand Gain Relevance, www.adweek.com
- Instagram Has Grown Hugely For Top Publishers In 2016, www.newswhip.com
- Is Facebook At Work a Threat to Slack & HipChat?, www.cmswire.com
- Snapchat Spectacles cost $130, qz.com
- Some publishers appear to be cooling on Facebook Instant Articles, digiday.com
- Target Those Who Share Links to Facebook From Your Website, www.jonloomer.com
- 5 Tips to Grow from Livestreamer to Broadcaster, www.adweek.com
- Facebook Ad Campaign Will Urge Users to Stream Live Video, www.wsj.com
- Facebook’s Faulty Stats: Solving Video’s Measurement Problem, adage.com
- Last chance for 2016! Enter to win a spot at YouTube NextUp!, youtube-creators.googleblog.com
- The 5 Biggest Facebook Video Stats Affecting Advertisers, mediakix.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.