Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
Marketing Day: RhythmOne buys YuMe, link building campaigns & the duopoly dilemma
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Martech enablement series: Part 5 — The team strategy
Sep 6, 2017 by Peter Ladka
In Part 5 of a nine-part series, contributor Peter Ladka explains how to create overarching goals for your martech strategy that will provide insight and guidance for your martech team.
- Becoming a martech mastermind: Agility, proficiency and accountability
Sep 6, 2017 by Andy Betts
In the fast-growing martech space, how do you become a marketing technology mastermind? Contributor Andy Betts takes a look at the skills you need to win in this ever-evolving landscape.
- Why Facebook says its ads can reach more people in the US than live there
Sep 6, 2017 by Tim Peterson
For one, Facebook counts residents and travelers.
- Scale local by thinking vertically: 75 ways to orient a local campaign
Sep 6, 2017 by Megan Hannay
Sponsoring Cannes or the Boston Marathon might not be in your budget, but columnist Megan Hannay outlines a bevy of other local sponsorship opportunities to help grow your local marketing efforts.
- RhythmOne buys YuMe for $185 million
Sep 6, 2017 by Barry Levine
The combined programmatic ad exchange RhythmOne plus video ad platform YuMe will reach about 220 million visitors monthly.
- 5 steps to creating a more efficient link-building campaign
Sep 5, 2017 by Jeremy Knauff
Contributor Jeremy Knauff shares the steps his agency takes, and the tools they use, to create a structured and efficient link-building process.
- The duopoly dilemma: Is it worth buying digital media beyond Facebook and Google?
Sep 5, 2017 by James Green
As Google and Facebook continue to dominate the digital ad industry and smaller players shrink, columnist James Green discusses why you need to look beyond the walled gardens and seek value everywhere.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Mobify Introduces First Analytics Manager for Progressive Web Apps, MarTech Advisor
- Facebook Offers Hundreds of Millions of Dollars for Music Rights, Bloomberg
- Facebook Tees Up WhatsApp to Make Money, Wall Street Journal
- Snapchat in Europe lets users create geofilters from their phones, The Verge
- 3 Components to Running a Smooth Content Operation, Content Marketing Institute
- How to Deoptimize Your Over-Optimized Content, Search Engine Journal
- Why Interactive Content Will Shape the Future of Digital Marketing, MarTech Advisor
- 10 Great Ecommerce Ideas for September 2017, Practical Ecommerce
- Facebook Remarketing Ads: 4 Ways to Grow E-Commerce Revenue, MarketingProfs
- Free Amazon Tools, Resources & Coupon Codes Every Seller Needs, Marketing Words Blog
- 2018 Email Marketing Forecast: Data, Micro-Moments, and Intelligence, Movable Ink Blog
- The Science Behind Email Click Through Rates [for 2017], Super Office
- Ultimate Email Marketing Cheat Sheet: Facts, Stats & To-Do’s, MarketingProfs
General Internet Marketing
- A Complete History of Influencer Marketing and What it Means for the Future, Social Media Explorer
- Ads.txt, created to help publishers fight fraud, isn’t being adopted by publishers, Digiday
- Create Your Buyer Persona in 5 Simple Steps, AWeber Communications
Internet Marketing Industry
- DemandJump Introduces Traffic Cloud, Prescriptive Attribution Technology for Marketers, Business Wire
- ITSMA and Demandbase Partner to Advance Account-Based Marketing, Demandbase
- Visual IQ Launches New Marketing Intelligence Platform, a Groundbreaking Solution for Audience-Based Performance Analysis, Business Wire
- ‘The Right Way to Select Technology’: A Resource for Years to Come, CMS Wire
- B2B Marketing Automation: Usage, Purposes & Challenges in 2017, MarketingProfs
- Content Intelligence: Will AI-powered Content Marketing be a Gamechanger?, MarTech Advisor
- As push notifications pile up, publishers look to get more targeted, Digiday
- Interactive storytelling evolves with help from mobile tech, Mobile Marketer
- 3 Ways to Turn Blog Posts into Engaging Instagram Content, Problogger
- LinkedIn Marketing: What the Latest Research Reveals, Social Media Examiner
- Making Your Brand More Likable on Social Media, Compukol
- How Chobani Uses Sponsored Videos to Stir Up Yogurt Sales, Tubular Insights
- The ‘demonetized’: YouTube’s brand-safety crackdown has collateral damage, Digiday
- The Top 20 Female YouTubers Have 205 Million Subscribers, MediaKix