Marketing Day: Seasonal SEO, bad content marketing advice & a digital ad report
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Seasonal SEO: Identifying your merriest times of the year
Mar 14, 2017 by Laura Scott
Are you tuned in to the seasonal trends that impact your website traffic? If not, check out columnist Laura Scott’s tips for determining which ones may present opportunities for your brand.
- Assessing the maturity of your organization’s messaging program
Mar 14, 2017 by Jose Cebrian
Are you able to gauge the strengths and weaknesses of your messaging program? Columnist Jose Cebrian lays out key questions to ask to help you better understand the state of your organization’s messaging strategy.
- Manufacturing FAQs: The workhorse of content and search marketing
Mar 14, 2017 by Dianna Huff
Columnist Dianna Huff explains the benefits of FAQ pages, from improved search rankings to paid search landing pages.
- Marketers: Track emotions, not just numbers
Mar 14, 2017 by John Donnelly III
Columnist John Donnelly III explains why social media analysis needs to go beyond volume data with examples of how sentiment and emotion analysis can help marketers really understand consumers.
- Study: Ads in editorial stream beat search, social for visibility and recall
Mar 14, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Ads in editorial were fully visible for 44 seconds vs. 6 seconds in search and 3 seconds in social.
- The rise of bad content marketing advice
Mar 14, 2017 by Rebecca Lieb
Columnist Rebecca Lieb believes it’s time for content marketers to put the kibosh on poor writing and link-bait and instead put content strategy ahead of tactics.
- Report: Facebook’s display ad domination to grow as US digital ad spend hits $83B in 2017
Mar 14, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
Google to see total ad revenues jump nearly 15% in the US. Snapchat and Amazon to gain US mobile ad share.
- SMX West is just days away. Reserve your seat now!
Mar 14, 2017 by Marketing Land
We’re one week away from the 10th edition of SMX West – the premier search marketing conference on the West Coast! Don’t miss your chance March 21-23 in San Jose to get actionable SEO and SEM tactics that will drive your campaign’s success. It’s not too late to secure the best pre-conference rates!
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 5 Key Insights from TrackMaven’s 2017 Digital Marketing Analytics Report, Top Rank Marketing Blog
- Marketing and Advertising Performance Measurement Mistakes & Best-Practices, MarketingProfs
- Location data manager Yext files for $100m IPO, Financial Times
- A Guide To Creating A Winning Content Marketing Playbook, Search Engine People
- Using Content To Build Lead Flow, CopyPressed
- Conversion Rate Optimization Tips – 12 Easy Ways to Boost Sales, Kinsta
- Ethical CRO: The end of dark patterns, Econsultancy
- What You’ve Forgotten About Landing Page Optimization, ConversionXL
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 7 Incredibly Effective WordPress Lead Generation Plugins, Jeff Bullas
- Ann Handley on How to Make Your Writing “Ludicrously Spectacular”, Content Marketing Institute
- Dareboost: All-in-one Tool to Manage Your Website Speed, Search Engine Journal
- How To Spark A UX Revolution, Smashing Magazine
- John Maeda’s 2017 Design in Tech Report Puts the Spotlight on Inclusive Design, WordPress Tavern
- Court allows ZA Central Registry allows to administer .africa domain name, but rival Dot Connect Africa to continue to challenge ICANN, Quartz
- GoDaddy drops Uniregistry domain names due to price hike, Domain Name Wire
- 4 ways CPG Companies Can Generate More Online Product Reviews in 2017, Multichannel Merchant
- 5 tips for luxury brands to get ecommerce returns right, Mobile Commerce Daily
- Documents reveal ‘AmazonFresh Pickup’ as the tech giant’s next physical retail concept, GeekWire
- EBay Brings Ad Sales In-House To Focus On First-Party Data Strategy, AdExchanger
- Six examples of Mother’s Day marketing from online retailers, Econsultancy
- The 10 principles for creating amazing online retail experiences, Econsultancy
- 105 tips, tools, and tactics to build your email list, VerticalResponse
- 16 Ways to Segment Subscribers, AWeber Communications
- 3 Tips for a Productive Approach to Email, Problogger
General Internet Marketing
- 10 Digital Advertising Trends Important to Small Business, Small Biz Trends
- Emotional context could make digital ads 40% more effective, according to Yahoo research, Yahoo
- If there is a Best Practice in Marketing, it’s Being Different, Sword and the Script
- Love The Ones You’re With: Why Marketers Should Focus On Their Best Customers, AdExchanger
- Marketing to Millennial Parents? Here’s How They’re Redefining Parenting for Their Generation, Think with Google
- The 11 Biggest Generation Z Statistics You Must See, MediaKix
- The Pros and Cons of Account-Based Marketing, MarTech Advisor
Internet Marketing Industry
- Kinetic Social Launches Proprietary Audience Data Solution To Reveal Hidden Audiences, PR Web
- Marketo and Infor Partner to Transform Customer Experience for Global Enterprises, Marketo
- Marketing Technology Stacks: Tool & Platform Use and Plannin, MarketingProfs
- Who’s to Blame for the Current Ad Tech Trust Gap?, AdAge
- Your Guide to Selecting the Best Marketing Automation Software, MarTech Advisor
- 3 Ways Emojis Can Save Your User Retention, Kiss Metrics
- Standing out on mobile starts with CMS tweaks, Digiday
- Survey: Consumers want more integration between in-store, mobile capabilities, Retail Dive
- B2B Industries Build Audiences on LinkedIn and Engagement on Instagram, KoMarketing
- Chatbots and Social Media – New Research, Social Media Examiner
- Facebook, Twitter still failing on hate speech in Germany as new law proposed, TechCrunch
- Snapchat launches Bitmoji widget chat shortcuts for your homescreen, TechCrunch
- Snapchat Receives Poor Grades From Marketers, AdAge
- Why Facebook Should Be Worried About Other Social Networks, Contently
- You’ll Never Guess What The Most-Shared Story Was On Facebook In February, Fast Company
- Debunking the video header bidding hype, a publisher’s guide, Digiday
- Improving VR videos, YouTube Engineering and Developers Blog
- Live Video in 5 Steps: From Creation to Measurement, Marketo