Marketing Day: SEO reports, Pinterest chatbot for Messenger & an Instagram Stories update
Amy Gesenhues on December 5, 2017 at 4:00 pm
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- It’s time to change your SEO reports!
Dec 5, 2017 by Greg Gifford
SEO reports are often really useful… for SEO professionals. Columnist Greg Gifford asserts that if you want to truly prove the value of your services to your clients, you have to tie your reports directly to their bottom line.
- Pinterest rolls out chatbot, native features for Facebook’s Messenger
Dec 5, 2017 by Tim Peterson
People will be able to search for and share pins from Pinterest without leaving Facebook’s messaging service.
- Instagram now lets brands feature Stories Highlights on their profile pages
Dec 5, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Instagram will also now automatically save Story posts, which can later be added to a Story Highlights collection.
- Bounce rate: Important metric or junk data?
Dec 5, 2017 by Alan K’necht
For a lot of organizations, bounce rate is a meaningless part of reported KPIs. Contributor Alan K’necht explains how you can put bounce rate into context to give it greater meaning.
- Amazon owned nearly 1/3 of all online sales during Cyber Monday
Dec 5, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
Runner-up Target accounted for 6.4 percent on online sales for the day.
- Google releases Android Go edition for India’s 400 million internet users
Dec 5, 2017 by Greg Sterling
New version of Android is optimized for entry-level smartphones in developing markets.
- Secure your SMX West pass now & save big. Rates increase next week!
Dec 4, 2017 by Marketing Land
Don’t miss out: Your chance to lock in the lowest rate on a seat at SMX West expires next week! The West Coast’s largest search marketing conference is coming to San Jose, California, March 13-15, and we want you to join us for three days of actionable, cutting-edge search marketing tactics.
- Four brand-building activities that lay the foundation for SEO
Dec 4, 2017 by Brian Weiss
Columnist Brian Weiss explains why a strong brand is necessary to ensure that your SEO efforts can reach their full potential.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
- Pointy helps customers find what they need close to home
Dec 5, 2017 by Robin Kurzer
The technology helps local businesses compete with big e-commerce retailers.
- 4 ways retailer-brand relationships will change in 2018
Dec 5, 2017 by Andrew Waber
Columnist Andrew Waber takes a look at four trends taking shape for 2018 that will help brands and retailers collaborate to improve the digital shopping experience.
- GDPR: A 10-step action plan
Dec 5, 2017 by David Booth
As the GDPR deadline edges ever closer, columnist David Booth recommends 10 action steps to ensure your organization is in compliance.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 4 Types of Social Media Content That Drives Engagement, Marketo
- Conversion Rate Audit: The First Step Of The CRO Process, VWO Blog
- Deck their inboxes with effective holiday emails, VerticalResponse
- Education as a Marketing Strategy: 8 Brands Doing Online Classes & More, Content Marketing Institute
- Eight steps to landing page success, Econsultancy
- Getting Consumers’ Attention Across Every Screen They Have at Home, eMarketer
- Is Black Friday Over Yet? A Marketer’s Guide to the Data, CMS Wire
- Mobile app store spending to jump 30% in 2018, Retail Dive
- Social Media Ad Creative: How AI-Assisted Tools Can Help Create Effective Ads, MarketingProfs
- Troubleshooting the Ecommerce Holidays & Capturing December’s $57B, Shopify