Marketing Day: SMX East coming to NYC, Google penalty, Oracle Responsys aggregator & more
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Looking to grow into a C-level leadership role? Focus on e-commerce.
Jul 18, 2018 by Andrew Waber
Contributor Andrew Waber suggests marketers looking for a senior leadership role should address the gaps and opportunities present in their e-commerce practice as a way to stand out.
- SEO & SEM experts are coming to NYC! Are you?
Jul 18, 2018 by Marketing Land
Search marketing has never been more important… or more complex. Staying on top of all the new tools, technologies and trends is a huge challenge. Attend SMX® East October 24-25 in New York City and get up to speed on the new search console, aligning your customer journey, mobile, AMP, voice and analytics.
- Why the local search marketplace would benefit from a super-app
Jul 18, 2018 by Wesley Young
Contributor Wesley Young looks at how WeChat works, what the chances are of a similar app development here in the US and what integrated interfaces could mean for local search marketers.
- Oracle Responsys launches first SMS aggregator marketplace
Jul 18, 2018 by Barry Levine
Now, marketers can select from hundreds of aggregators, covering every territory.
- Google hit with largest-ever $5 billion antitrust penalty in Android case
Jul 18, 2018 by Greg Sterling
The fine could have reached $11 billion, according to EU regulation guidelines.
- How to be proactive and prevent a negative SEO campaign — Part 3
Jul 18, 2018 by Joe Sinkwitz
There is no such thing as being negative SEO-proof, says contributor Joe Sinkwitz. All you can do is take steps to lessen the probability of becoming a victim. Here’s how to reduce attack vectors and protect your site.
- Ask an SMXpert – Google Tag Manager
Jul 18, 2018 by Debra Mastaler
SMXperts Stephanie Wallace and Tom Bennet answer questions on how Google Tag Manager works, its key benefits and why you should be using it.
- Google My Business listings: 5 frequently asked questions
Jul 18, 2018 by Sherry Bonelli
GMB has a handful of new features and some best-practice confusion. Contributor Sherry Bonelli clears things up and answers five frequently asked questions on fake reviews, random people changing your listing and more.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
- Namogoo launches service to track personal data leakage through third parties
Jul 18, 2018 by Barry Levine
- The year that changed martech forever
Jul 18, 2018 by Noah Brier
Contributor Noah Brier explains how to avoid the next big roadblock in content marketing.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 20+ Experts: How To Promote Content Before Hitting Publish, Buzzsumo
- Do you want an always-on digital assistant listening in all the time?, The Conversation
- The Complete Guide to Scale Your B2B Business to Success by Marrying PR with Content Marketing, Webbiquity
- 6 Ways to Include Customers in Your Content, Marketo
- How Marketing Your Brand Boils Down to These 2 Straightforward Strategies, Adweek
- Precisely Plan, Post & Predict: Pinterest is Now in Sprout!, Sprout Social
- Top Facebook Videos June 2018, Tubular Insights
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.