Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
Marketing Day: Snapchat Context Cards, Facebook and iOS 11, Social Video Myths
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Snapchat’s Context Cards turn Snaps into location-based search queries
Oct 10, 2017 by Tim Peterson
For venues tagged in Snaps, people will be able to view the address on a map, book a reservation and hail a Lyft ride.
- What email marketers should know about iOS 11
Oct 10, 2017 by Kyle Henderick
Just a few weeks after the official release of Apple’s iOS 11, columnist Kyle Henderick discusses how marketers should respond to changes the new mobile operating system brings to the Mail app.
- 4 myths about video social media marketing, debunked
Oct 10, 2017 by Jordan Kasteler
Social video is here to stay, but sometimes it’s hard to separate fact from fiction. Columnist Jordan Kasteler helps you steer clear of some of the more widely circulated myths associated with social media marketing with video.
- Apple’s anti-tracking tool restricts Facebook’s ability to follow people around the web
Oct 9, 2017 by Tim Peterson
If a person has not visited Facebook’s site within 24 hours, Apple’s Intelligent Tracking Prevention disables Facebook’s Social Plugins, which it uses to track people’s browsing.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
- This startup used blockchain to raise $15 million for a blockchain-based ad network that pays users
Oct 10, 2017 by Barry Levine
AirFox is also developing the same platform as a way to automate microloans.
- Being SMART with your martech: Balancing product inputs and performance outputs
Oct 10, 2017 by Andy Betts
Don’t just focus on the technologies you use in your stack. Contributor Andy Betts explains why you need to carefully consider marketing performance and make martech decisions that prioritize ROI.
- MarTech Today: Data as the key growth driver, capitalizing on Google Tag Manager & a Google Attribution checklist
Oct 10, 2017 by Barry Levine
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on MarTech Today, Marketing Land and other places across the web. From MarTech Today: Marketing and culture: The key drivers of growth Oct 9, 2017 by Travis Wright Columnist Travis Wright summarizes a fireside chat at the MarTech Conference with Dun & Bradstreet CMO […]
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Dell outlines IoT strategy, plans to spend $1 billion on R&D over three years, ZD Net
- Dow Jones said that Google was buying Apple, and the bots bought it, TechCrunch
- New patent-holder grabs Nokia patents, sues Apple iPhone, Ars Technica
- 4 Difficult Realities All Bloggers Face, ProBlogger
- Flipboard launches self-service publisher program, embracing mobile standards and promoting the best of the mobile web, Upbeatpr
- Medium now lets anyone publish behind its paywall, TechCrunch
Internet Marketing Industry
- Apple’s Face ID is probably going to cause the death of privacy but we won’t mind, The Next Web
- Siri’s forgetfulness gives Alexa and Google Assistant a key advantage, VentureBeat
- Yandex introduces Alice, an Alexa-like assistant that speaks Russian, TechCrunch