Marketing Day: Snapchat Draws 4B Video Views, Yelp Penalizes 100+ Listings & Smartphone Report
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the Web.
From Marketing Land:
- Snapchat Now Draws 4 Billion Video Views Daily
Snapchat has joined an exclusive club: 4 billion video views daily. The social media messaging app is showing strong momentum, doubling its daily video views in three months.
- 4 Components Of The Best Social Media Campaigns
Are you in the throes of planning a social media campaign? Columnist Sonny Ganguly details four key components that will expand your social reach and improve your bottom line.
- Yelp Penalizes 100+ Movers Alliance Business Listings After Group Charged With Misleading Customers
Listings managed by the moving company received Reputation Warning alerts after Yelp discovered customers were being pressured to write positive reviews.
- Capitalizing On The Digital Trail To The Offline Purchase
As more consumers adopt multiple devices, how do you make the most of digital to drive in-store sales? Columnist Adam Weiss explains how you can successfully develop an online-to-offline strategy.
- 59 Percent Of Retailers Have Already Started Their Holiday Promotions [Survey]
In addition to starting earlier, retailers are also planning to offer more holiday promotions than last year.
- A Powerful New Tool In The Local Business Toolbox: Content Marketing Is Going Native
Today’s savvy local businesses are breaking into content marketing, but is it enough? Columnist Will Scott explains why pay-to-play native advertising is the up-and-coming way for local businesses to gain traction when it comes to custom content.
- Comscore: Smartphone Penetration Above 77 Percent In US
The July smartphone numbers are out this afternoon from comScore. According to the measurement firm, smartphone penetration has reached 77 percent in the US market.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Bing Ads Shares Halloween Data For Advertisers: Search, CTR CPC Trends
- PhantomALERT: Waze Stole Our Database And Sold It To Google For $1 Billion
- Video Ads: Money For Nothin’ & Clicks For Cheap
- What Happened To The Google Panda 4.2 Update? Did It Make A U-Turn?
- Search In Pics: GooglePlex New Logo, Chrome 7th Birthday & Pajama Day At Google
- Local SEO Is Not An Island (Or At Least It Shouldn’t Be!)
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
- Consistent Content: How and Why to Run a Daily Blog, 3qdigital.com
- How to Promote Your Blog and Make it Viral, blog.crazyegg.com
- Should You Care About Losing Blog Subscribers?, dannybrown.me
- Ways to Save a Floundering Blogger Relationship, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Amazon to Buy Video Reformatter Elemental Technologies, www.wsj.com
- Car companies are scrambling for AI talent as Google and Apple’s driverless cars loom, qz.com
- More About Google’s New Visual Identity, googlesystem.blogspot.com
- The 20 schools with the most alumni at Google, Business Insider
- 3 Resources to Help You Become a (More) Productive Content Marketer, www.copyblogger.com
- Content Forecast Calls for Users, Search Engines, Customization, and More, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- How to Create Content for Sports Fans, www.convinceandconvert.com
- The Surprising New Adopter of Content Marketing: Law Firms, contently.com
- 5 Reasons Your A/B test fails (and how not to), vwo.com
- 8 Killer Landing Page Optimization Tips, www.beyondthepaid.com
- So You Want To Be A CRO Expert, www.ppchero.com
- The Landing Page That Won Our Hearts, unbounce.com
- 4 Challenges of Investing in Domains, www.domaininvesting.com
- Anger as ICANN’s member flops before board, domainincite.com
- Google does not run shady domain, study authors say, www.reuters.com
- 8 Obstacles to Drone Delivery, for Ecommerce, www.practicalecommerce.com
- New: PayPal.ME – The Pros and Cons, And What You Should Know Before You Use It!, www.clicknewz.com
- The Importance of Customer Reviews, www.getelastic.com
- Uber to Unveil Big E-Commerce Delivery Program With Retailers in the Fall, recode.net
- Upstart E-Tailer Urban Ladder Prefers Smarter Attribution To Rating Points, adexchanger.com
- Five Email Marketing Practices That Need to Die, www.marketingprofs.com
- How to Tune Up Your Email Marketing to Improve Conversions, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- Q&A: Answers to Your Email Measurement & ROI Questions, blog.returnpath.com
- The Future of Targeted, Personalized Email Marketing, www.convinceandconvert.com
General Internet Marketing
- 4 Questions You Should Ask Your Marketing Agency, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Seven ways to personalize online marketing, www.internetretailer.com
- When Your Lead Based Marketing Runs Dry, Flip Your Funnel with Account-Based Marketing, www.martechadvisor.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Google Nears Re-entry to Mainland China, www.theinformation.com
- How Local Marketers Can Harness the Internet of Things, streetfightmag.com
- Taming Notifications Before They Run Rampant, www.cmswire.com
- 4 Social Media Reports That Will Boost Your Audience Engagement, blog.kissmetrics.com
- 7 Things CMOs Need to Know About the New Instagram Ads, contently.com
- Facebook Advances Bazaar Ambitions, www.wsj.com
- How to Create and Define Social Rewards That Map to Your Marketing Objectives, www.marketingprofs.com
- How To Write The Most Optimal Social Media Status Updates, www.searchenginepeople.com
- WhatsApp has 900 million monthly active users – but still no business model, qz.com
- LinkedIn Open-Sources FeatureFu, A Toolkit For Building Machine Learning Models, techcrunch.com
- Plane OK: Airlines providing preferential service on Twitter, www.conversocial.com
- Updated Conversion Lift Tells Advertisers Which Campaigns Work Best for Their Goal, www.facebook.com
- Which Social Media Channel Should You Focus on in 2016?, simplymeasured.com
- 5% of Videos on YouTube Drive 95% of the Views, www.reelseo.com
- Why Isn’t Your Video on LinkedIn?, smallbiztrends.com