Marketing Day: Snapchat Geofilter Costs, Local SEO Expectations & Online Reputation Management
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Amazon To Webstore Sellers: No New Orders As Of May 1st, Two Months Ahead Of Platform Closure
Feb 26, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Migration deadline effectively moves up by 60 days.
- WATCH: “Marketing Land Live” Show #2 Talks About Google AdWords Changes, AMP & More
Feb 26, 2016 by Matt McGee
If you missed our second episode, watch the video replay below.
- How Much A Snapchat Geofilter Costs At The Oscars & 5 Other Big Events
Feb 26, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Check out how much it would cost to run a Snapchat geofilter around the Academy Awards, at SXSW or during spring break in Las Vegas.
- Google Is Fixing The “Permanently Closed” Problem For Local Businesses
Feb 26, 2016 by Joy Hawkins
Columnist Joy Hawkins discusses how you can fix issues with old business locations being marked “Permanently closed” — and what Google may be doing to address the issue.
- Setting Local SEO Expectations: 3 Points To Hit Early And Often
Feb 26, 2016 by Jenny Foster
When it comes to providing SEO for local businesses, it’s crucial to set realistic expectations. Columnist Jenny Foster discusses three points she likes to drive home with clients to ensure a strong relationship and a smooth campaign.
- The Death Of Marketing Expertise
Feb 26, 2016 by Andrew Goodman
Where have all the search professionals gone? Contributor Andrew Goodman explores the state of the search agency industry today and wonders if we can be doing better.
- Optimizing Conversions Isn’t Everything! Don’t Neglect What Happens Before & After
Feb 26, 2016 by Dale Hursh
Are you maximizing your conversion potential? Columnist Dale Hursh discusses the activities and efforts that occur both before and after the conversion point, noting that focusing efforts here can increase conversions and ROI.
- Bullet-Proofing Your Business From The Inevitable Online Reputation Attack
Feb 26, 2016 by Chris Silver Smith
If your business hasn’t yet been hit with an online reputation attack, chances are it will be. Columnist Chris Silver Smith has tips on how to proactively prepare to help reduce the seriousness of an attack.
- 10 Best Practices For Digital Ad Breakthrough
Feb 26, 2016 by Peter Minnium
With the overflow of content available today, how do you get viewers’ attention? Columnist Peter Minnium offers up his advice on how to break through the noise.
- Cardlytics Opens Up Its Treasure Trove Of Purchase Histories To Ad Targeting
Feb 25, 2016 by Barry Levine
Atlanta-based company is now making its 120 million anonymized profiles available beyond bank-related sites and apps.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- The Content Strategist Playbook: Evangelizing Content And Setting Yourself Up For Success
- Prioritizing Local Search Profile Listings: 2 Methods
- Search In Pics: Coca Cola Google Cardboard, Googley Volvo & Animated Google Sign
- Google Confirms Review Stars’ Mysterious Disappearance In Search Results Was A Bug
- Connecting Demographics To Search Queries
- Google: AMP Not Yet A Search Ranking Signal
- Google App Updates Will Include New Animations & Ability To Change Google Logo Colors
- AdWords And Bing Ads Both Having Late-Week Reporting Troubles
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
- Blogging and Content Marketing: What is the Relationship?, www.blogherald.com
- How to Use Instagram to Boost Your Blog Followers, www.blogherald.com
- The Three Core Tenets Every Successful Blogger Needs to Have, dannybrown.me
- Head of Wikimedia resigns over search engine plans, www.theguardian.com
- Mark Zuckerberg tackles question on what he would do as Twitter CEO, venturebeat.com
- Report: Google, Twitter, Facebook, & Microsoft to file court motions officially supporting Apple in FBI fight, 9to5mac.com
- Samsung wins appeal in patent dispute with Apple, www.reuters.com
- Strengthening our commitment to racial justice, Official Google Blog
- Kleenex’s New Content Might Actually Make You Cry, contently.com
- NBC Replaces Ads With Content Paid for by American Express, adage.com
- How to Increase Conversions at Each Stage of the Customer Journey, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Overcoming Objections on Your Landing Pages, moz.com
- The 4-Hour Website Optimization Challenge: What Would the Experts Do?, unbounce.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Coalitions vs. Communities and new top level domains, domainnamewire.com
- Alibaba in Talks With Banks for up to $4 Billion Loan, www.wsj.com
- AMP for Ecommerce, www.practicalecommerce.com
- How Tinder has changed ecommerce, www.econsultancy.com
- Lisa Abbott of Genesys: Chat on Your Website Decreases Customer Abandonment by Half, smallbiztrends.com
- Retailers Should Focus on the Customer Journey, Not the Channel, www.usertesting.com
- What Online Shopping Trends Mean for Fashion Retailers, www.facebook.com
- Why Marshawn Lynch Chose Shopify Plus to Power His Flagship Store Two, company-enterprise.myshopify.com
- How to Create an Award-Winning Email Communications Experience, multichannelmerchant.com
- Sharper images for sharper emails, myemma.com
General Internet Marketing
- How Community Outreach Can Boost Customer Acquisition & Retention, blog.kissmetrics.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- eXelate and Dun & Bradstreet Collaborate to Offer One of the Most Comprehensive B2B Datasets in Digital Media, www.nielsen.com
- Mobile Action Acquires Appmind, Business Wire
- 3 Ways to Keep Your MarTech Stack Tidy, blog.marketo.com
- Eric Siegel on Predictive Analytics, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Programmatic: It’s More Than Technology, adexchanger.com
- As Advertisers Clamor For Location Data, Can Publishers Deliver?, adexchanger.com
- Google Play now lets Android app developers see review highlights, ratings charts, VentureBeat
- Make Sure Mobile-Marketing Effort Doesn’t Land You in Court, adage.com
- Making the Second Move: 3 Steps to Engaging New App Users, www.tune.com
- Marketing on the move: The 6 principles of engaging mobile consumers, venturebeat.com
- Mobile advertising in the age of ad blockers, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Mobile provides rich fodder for breaking down silos, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Why Some CMOs Believe Mobile Marketing Isn’t Worth It, www.convinceandconvert.com
- 16 Twitter Tools for Social Media Marketers, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- 28 Memorable Social Media Quotes to Make You Think, www.wordstream.com
- 5 ways to use Twitter’s Direct Messages as a small business, blogs.constantcontact.com
- Bringing Facebook Live to Android and More Countries, newsroom.fb.com
- Can Facebook reinvent its mobile ads?, www.internetretailer.com
- Facebook Canvas: How to Create an Immersive Facebook Ads Experience, www.jonloomer.com
- Facebook’s Atlas Struggles To Serve Its Market, adexchanger.com
- How Your Agency Can Use Social for Market Research, simplymeasured.com
- You Want a Dislike Button? Here’s Why Facebook Isn’t Giving You One, www.adweek.com
- 11 YouTube Ranking Steps, www.searchenginepeople.com
- 5 Tips for Increasing YouTube Engagement, www.adweek.com
- Facebook 360 Trend: Fashion, media.fb.com
- Periscope Would Like You to Reenact the Best Picture Nominees. But Please, No Bears, www.adweek.com
- TubeMogul To Issue Automatic Refunds For “Nonhuman” Video Traffic, adexchanger.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.