Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
Marketing Day: Snapchat layoffs, Black Friday strategies & Facebook tests web-based VR
Amy Gesenhues on October 23, 2017 at 4:00 pm
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Location data beyond the marketing department: A look at 3 use cases
Oct 23, 2017 by Eric Aledort
As mobile location data evolves beyond just ad targeting, contributor Eric Aledort takes a look at how it’s being applied across the entire enterprise, from urban planning to the pricing of real estate.
- A brief history of Google’s most important local search updates
Oct 23, 2017 by Brian Smith
How has Google’s local search changed throughout the years? Columnist Brian Smith shares a timeline of events and their impact on brick-and-mortar businesses.
- Snap reportedly lays off 18 employees, will slow hiring in 2018
Oct 23, 2017 by Tim Peterson
It’s unclear how the slowdown will impact Snapchat’s parent company’s advertising business.
- SAP Hybris adds facial recognition, Internet of Things-triggered campaigns and attribution
Oct 23, 2017 by Barry Levine
The new features, following the recent purchase of identity provider Gigya, show that SAP is busily creating differentiators for its Marketing Cloud.
- Offers they can’t refuse: Strategies to stand out on Black Friday
Oct 23, 2017 by Tony Toubia
Competition during the holidays is fierce. Contributor Tony Toubia shares best practices to help you engage with your customers and ensure your brand doesn’t get lost in the noise.
- Facebook tests web-based VR within News Feed posts
Oct 20, 2017 by Tim Peterson
People can load and interact with VR experiences without leaving Facebook’s traditional social network.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
- Is your martech stack keeping pace with changing customer behavior?
Oct 23, 2017 by Kevin Bobowski
It’s hard to keep up with quickly evolving consumer behaviors. Columnist Kevin Bobowski believes marketers will need to adapt their martech stacks and deliver a better experience to meet rising expectations.
- Skimping on deliverability spend? You’re hurting your email program
Oct 23, 2017 by Jose Cebrian
Don’t make the mistake of cutting corners on deliverability. Columnist Jose Cebrian says budgeting wisely on deliverability services and technology will boost both your email program and your revenue.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 4 Ways to Get the Most Out of Lead Ads, Facebook Business
- Facebook tests split News Feed that keeps friends front and center, Engadget
- Global app revenue and downloads hit record levels in Q3, TechCrunch
- Has Influencer Marketing Lost Its Bloom?, CMS Wire
- How Facebook Crossposting Works For Instagram Stories, MediaKix
- How Facebook’s Master Algorithm Powers the Social Network, Wall Street Journal
- Introducing the Chrome User Experience Report, Chromium Blog
- Machine-Learning & Artificial Intelligence: Their Role in Sales & Marketing, MarketingProfs
- Video Trends: Why Sponsored Content is the Future of Digital Advertising, Tubular Insights
- VR for Marketing is Here: Why it Works, What it can Tell you, MarTech Advisor