Marketing Day: Snapchat Memories, Angie’s List free & keywords
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- 13 link opportunities to pursue now
Jul 6, 2016 by Andrew Dennis
Need some great link-building ideas? Columnist Andrew Dennis has them for you — with examples from major brands to illustrate how each might work.
- Do keyword rankings even matter anymore?
Jul 6, 2016 by Winston Burton
Is it useful for SEOs to track keyword rankings anymore? Columnist Winston Burton weighs in.
- Snapchat’s Memories opens Stories to pre-produced photos, videos
Jul 6, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Snapchat’s new Memories feature will let people include archived snaps and photos and videos from their phone’s camera roll in a public Story.
- “First automated trend forecasting platform” predicted the Rainbow Bagel
Jul 6, 2016 by Barry Levine
Santa Monica-based Tilofy is looking to transform the labor-intensive world of looking into the future.
- Angie’s List is now free: What this change means for your business
Jul 6, 2016 by Brian Patterson
Now that Angie’s List has removed their paywall, business owners may need to incorporate this site into their local marketing strategy. Columnist Brian Patterson explains why.
- 4 digital marketing tactics for local reach
Jul 6, 2016 by Megan Hannay
Columnist Megan Hannay reveals four ways to step up your local marketing strategy and find target customers in target regions.
- “I love advertising,” said no one ever
Jul 6, 2016 by Chris Glushko
As more consumers opt out of ads, how do we persuade them to like and want advertising? Columnist Chris Glushko discusses the marketing and media industry’s biggest challenge.
- The conventional wisdom on ad blocking is missing one key statistic
Jul 6, 2016 by Barry Levine
There’s one stat that could connect the cause to the problem, but it’s missing in action.
- SMX Advanced recap: Lies, Damn Lies, and Marketing Statistics
Jul 6, 2016 by Mark Traphagen
Are your marketing tests giving you valid results? Columnist Mark Traphagen summarizes insights from Vistaprint’s Adria Kyne presentation at SMX Advanced.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Google expands Now on Tap to translate app screens, discover button & barcode scanning
- Google test removes the estimated number of search results
- What Advanced SEOs Should Know From The Google Raters Guidelines (SMX Advanced Recap)
- Do you really know how much you’re bidding?
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Search Console Reports in Google Analytics, Luna Metrics
Blogs & Blogging
- 5 Common Challenges for Guest Post Beginners – and How To Conquer Them, www.semrush.com
- An 8-Step Formula for Blogging Success, www.blogtyrant.com
- How to Reduce Your WordPress Website’s Downtime, www.wpexplorer.com
- Twitter Names Bret Taylor to Board, Wall Street Journal
- Google buys machine learning startup Moodstocks to help your phone’s camera identify objects, VentureBeat
- Unhappy Anniversary at Twitter, Wall Street Journal
- How to Make Award Winning Creative Content – Part 1, www.distilled.net
- How to Measure Performance to Improve Your Content Marketing, Content Marketing Institute
- Three Reasons for Including Whitepapers in Your Content Strategy, MarketingProfs
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 4 Signs It’s Time to Change Your Website Testing Strategy, Crazy Egg
- 7 Things to Consider Before a Website Redesign, www.cmswire.com
- Suck Less | A Plea For User-Centric Design: Powered By You!, www.kaushik.net
- Ten Requirements For Making Home Page Carousels Work For End Users (If Needed), Smashing Magazine
Display & Contextual Advertising
- Most businesses don’t care about .uk domains, DomainIncite
- New gTLD .Tube Goes Live Thursday: Less Than 50 Sunrise Domain Registrations By TM Holders, The Domains
- 5 Email Automation Best Practices, Movable Ink
- Bad Behavior That Trips Up Email Marketing Campaigns, www.reachmail.net
- How an email marketing company does email marketing, myemma.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- A 9-Part Client Management Manifesto Your Agency Should Steal, moz.com
- Didit Agency Continues Its Rapid Expansion With Acquisition of Freshbrick, Inc., www.didit.com
- Ad Tech Funding Is Far From Dead – But It’s Lights Out For The Me-Too Guys, Ad Exchanger
- Management Strategies for Choosing and Optimizing Your Technology Solution, Silverpop
- 7 Ways Booking Platforms Can Utilize Location Technology, Street Fight
- How To Get Results From Instagram Influencer Marketing, www.jeffbullas.com
- How to Rock Instagram to Promote Your Small Business, ProBlogger
- Twitter Live Stream Debut Didn’t Feature Actual Live Sports, Ad Age
- Twitter started its live coverage of Wimbledon today, TechCrunch
- 26 Ways to Use Video for Your Social Media Marketing, Social Media Examiner