Marketing Day: SurveyMonkey gets mobile analytics, Top 10 YouTube ads & more
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Act now: SMX Advanced super early bird rates expire this Saturday
Apr 11, 2016 by Marketing Land
SMX Advanced rates increase Saturday. Register now for the lowest rates. Here’s what’s in store.
- SurveyMonkey adds mobile analytics to its resume
Apr 11, 2016 by Barry Levine
The new SurveyMonkey Intelligence offers free and premium accounts accessing data from hundreds of thousands of participating mobile users.
- Top 10 YouTube ads in March: New Always #LikeAGirl spot ranks No. 1 with 18M views
Apr 11, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
The latest installment from the Always #LikeAGirl campaign generated nearly double the views of the second-ranking video ad last month.
- [VIDEO] Marketing Land Live #8: Facebook Live video, Tweet length research & more
Apr 11, 2016 by Matt McGee
If you missed our latest episode, watch the video replay below featuring Amy Gesenhues, Tim Peterson, Greg Sterling and Greg Finn.
- Reminder: April 12 webcast — “Mapping the Value of Your Customer’s Experience”
Apr 11, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Customer Journey Mapping can illuminate your customer’s journey and help you identify more meaningful ways to connect at crucial “micro-moments.” On Tuesday, April 12, join Ethology’s strategy experts, Anthony Quiroz and Geoffrey Wilcoxson, as they go beyond “journey mapping” to recognize the many moments and connections customers have with your brand.
- Visual analysis of AdWords data: a primer
Apr 11, 2016 by David Fothergill
Columnist David Fothergill shows how data visualization can unlock insights about AdWords performance you may not have gleaned otherwise.
- 5 customer-centric metrics to implement today
Apr 11, 2016 by Jordan Elkind
Is your company truly customer-centric? Columnist Jordan Elkind shares five key performance indicators that you should be measuring if you want to put customers at the center of your decision-making.
- Streaming social: What marketers can learn from Netflix’s social strategy
Apr 11, 2016 by Chris Kerns
When it comes to social, marketers can learn a lot from Netflix. Columnist Chris Kerns discusses the streaming service’s social wins and what marketers can glean from them.
- Test & validate your HTML5 display ads with new IAB tool
Apr 11, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
The industry group also updated its HTML5 for Digital Advertising Guide.
- Customer service provider 7 ports its chat bot/live agent service to Facebook Messenger
Apr 11, 2016 by Barry Levine
Tag team offering is the latest sign that the popular messaging app is becoming a major channel for customer interaction.
- Understanding intent through voice search
Apr 11, 2016 by Sponsored Content: Bing Ads
Bing and Google are looking at the future of search, and both are seeing a future that involves search engines as the intelligence platform powering digital assistance with daily life — personalized help that enables people to get more done efficiently and spend real time focused on what they care about most.
- Newspapers try to block Brave browser’s ad-substitution business model
Apr 8, 2016 by Greg Sterling
As ad blockers try to monetize with their own ads, are they committing trademark or copyright infringement? Newspapers argue they are.
- Keyword research: a key element of SEO & content marketing
Apr 8, 2016 by Trond Lyngbø
Many business owners see SEO and content marketing as separate, but columnist Trond Lyngbø argues that solid keyword research can and should be used to inform content marketing strategy.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Don’t trust Google to structure your local data
- Mississippi attorney general’s “conspiracy to censor the internet” back on as appeals court rules against Google
- The evolution of SEO
- Google penalizes sites for unnatural outbound linking
- Understanding intent through voice search
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Best Affiliate Plugins For Your WordPress Website, authoritylabs.com
- Think affiliate marketing doesn’t work for luxury brands? Think again, econsultancy.com
- Socialbakers Launches Predictive Analytics, www.socialbakers.com
Blogs & Blogging
- Do You Know the Secret to Successful Blogging?, www.compukol.com
- How and Why You Should Use Infographics On Your Blog, www.blogherald.com
- How to Make Your Blog a Cybersecurity Fortress, www.problogger.net
- Apple is going all-in on celebrities to sell new Apple TV, techcrunch.com
- Facebook says it doesn’t have a gender pay gap, techcrunch.com
- Marketers should be much safer from cutbacks than they used to be, venturebeat.com
- U.K.’s Daily Mail Explores Bid for Yahoo Backed by Private Equity, www.wsj.com
- 10 Mistakes Content Creators Need to Avoid, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- 12 Audience Considerations for Your Real-Time Content, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- 14 Signs You Aren’t Cut Out To Be A Content Marketing Writer, blog.crazyegg.com
- 5 Strategies for Optimizing Native Advertising Campaigns, 3qdigital.com
- 7 Influential Software Marketers Creating Great Content, www.toprankblog.com
- Challenges of Content Marketing and How to Overcome Them, www.martechadvisor.com
- Choosing the Words that Get Your Content Read, www.compukol.com
- Get Smarter About Your Content Marketing, www.cmswire.com
- How to Create Content 10X Better Than Your Competitors’, www.marketingprofs.com
- Produce More Content Quickly Without Sacrificing Quality, smallbiztrends.com
- Today’s specials: Unique, creative, quality content, www.branded3.com
- 16 Online Tools That Will Improve Your Website’s Conversion Rate, www.jeffbullas.com
- 6 Copywriting Tactics to Boost Your Conversion Rates, www.searchenginejournal.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 19 Free Website Design Tools, www.practicalecommerce.com
- A Simple Exercise to Help You Write Effective Sales Copy, www.problogger.net
- Breaking Out Of The Box: Design Inspiration, www.smashingmagazine.com
- Moving to a UX-Critical Culture, www.uxmatters.com
- The future of UX: Q&A with industry leaders, www.usertesting.com
- What the Past Five Years Have Taught Me About UX Design, www.uxmatters.com
- WordPress.com enables HTTPS with Let’s Encrypt for new hosted sites with custom domains, will soon expand support to 1M+ sites currently using custom domains, en.blog.wordpress.com
- Facebook “Will Do Everything We Can” To Address Shady Dress Retailers, www.buzzfeed.com
- How Is the Internet of Things Changing Retail?, www.emarketer.com
- How to Master E-commerce Content Marketing, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Inside Amazon’s Evolving Ecommerce Media Practice, adexchanger.com
- Jeff Bezos wants to know if anyone can run Amazon, besides Jeff Bezos, qz.com
- The Real Reasons That Amazon’s Alexa May Become The Go-To AI For The Home, www.fastcompany.com
- For Generation Z, Email Has Become a Rite of Passage, www.wsj.com
- How to Optimize Your Email Campaigns With Interest-Based List Segmentation, www.marketingprofs.com
- Send times, Unsubscribe Rates & Inbox Blindness, blog.movableink.com
General Internet Marketing
- 6 Tips for Marketers Who Want to Connect in a Meaningful Way With Millennials, www.adweek.com
- The Evolution of the B2B Marketer, blog.marketo.com
- Where Do You Stand With Digital Transformation?, www.cmswire.com
- For Digital Marketing and Advertising Technology, 2016 will be the Year of the Wheat, thedma.org
- How Do You Build a Marketing Technology Roadmap Today?, www.cmswire.com
- The buzz around account-based marketing at MarTech, chiefmartec.com
- Conquer the Top 10 Most Common Mobile Marketing Mistakes, www.tune.com
- How to Master Cross-Device Ad Targeting, company-enterprise.myshopify.com
- Weather Company’s Webster Touts the Power of Forecast Data in Local Marketing, streetfightmag.com
- Three Steps to Address Online Haters, adage.com
- Facebook Wants You to Post More About Yourself, Bloomberg
- ‘I feel like my granddad with a VHS’: UK agency Gen Xers on Snapchat, digiday.com
- Dear Facebook, why are Facebook Comments so unremittingly terrible?, techcrunch.com
- Facebook has transformed into a platform of platforms, qz.com
- How to Connect With Local Customers via Social Media, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- How to Use Facebook Audience Overlap to Improve Your Facebook Marketing, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Influencer Marketing on Social Media: How to do it Right?, www.martechadvisor.com
- The Buzzfeed Approach to Social Media Strategy, moz.com
- The Most Successful B2B Industries on Social Media, www.marketingprofs.com
- Ticketmaster Is About to Start Selling Tickets on Facebook, www.adweek.com
- Time for Cleaning Up Your Social Media Accounts!, smallbiztrends.com
- Twitter acquires employee feedback tool Peer, venturebeat.com
- Why You Need Snapchat in Your 2016 Marketing Plan, www.seerinteractive.com
- Why your social media strategy is failing, www.stonetemple.com
- 7 lessons CEOs can learn from President Obama’s video strategy, techcrunch.com
- Analysts are overlooking how much AR and VR are about to change our lives, venturebeat.com
- Cure festival FOMO and watch Coachella live exclusively on YouTube, youtube.googleblog.com
- Game of Thrones Red Carpet With Facebook Live, Instagram, www.adweek.com
- How Publishers Can Use Facebook’s New Live Video Features, www.newswhip.com
- How to Optimize Videos for Conversions, conversionxl.com
- Periscope tests letting you draw on top of live video streams, thenextweb.com
- Social Video Way More Important than TV for Generation Z, www.reelseo.com
- Unity: 71% of Players Prefer Watching Video Ads to “Pay” for In-Game Content, www.adweek.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.