Marketing Day: Taco Bell’s Valentine’s Day Snapchat Campaign, Hashtag Bowl Winners & Google Drops Helpouts
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Taco Bell Delivers Saucy Valentine’s Campaign Via Snapchat
Fast food giant comes through again on Snapchat with a clever, interactive Valentine’s Day campaign.
- 2015 Hashtag Bowl Winners: Congrats To Facebook, McDonald’s & Bonobos
We’ve analyzed the Super Bowl social activity and named the three winners from the 2015 Hashtag Bowl.
- Google Helpouts Joins Google Answers, Knol In The Deadpool
Google Helpouts, the company’s virtual advice and learning program, built on Hangouts, is heading to the deadpool. It was launched in late 2013. But this morning Google announced it would be shuttered on April 20. Here’s how Google described the ambitious program when it launched: With Helpouts, you can choose who you get help from […]
- Buffer Upgrades Analytics To Help You Sort Out Social
Social scheduling service now gives paid users the ability to sort social posts by clicks, retweets, shares and other signals of popularity.
- Tips To Dramatically Improve Your Recurring Billing Program
Thinking about implementing recurring billing or want to know how to increase conversions? Columnist Neil Patel shares ways to optimize for this payment option.
- 5 Priorities For Email Marketing In 2015
While you’ve been focusing on segmentation, have other parts of your email program been on auto-pilot? Columnist Cara Olson has suggestions to get you moving.
- Redesigning Or Creating A Website? Here’s Why Information Architecture Should Be Priority #1
Columnist Shari Thurow explains information architecture, site navigation, and how they relate to one another.
- Adios Affiliates! Pinterest Pulls The Plug On Affiliate Links
Thanks to a new policy Pinterest will no longer be welcoming affiliate links — leaving Power Pinners powerless to monetize their following.
- Kraft And Meredith Team Up On Native Ads In Email
Powered by LiveIntent, Kraft recipes get delivered via native advertisements in Recipes.com daily emails.
- Almost 60 Percent Of Marketing Pros Use Automation, 90 Percent Say It Works
But many cite “complexity” of tools as one of the biggest challenges in using marketing automation.
- 10 Reasons To Sign Up For The Next @SMX Conference
What’s better than 10 reasons? Over 1,000 of them. Learn why you should join over 1,000 of your fellow peers in the search marketing industry at SMX West, the conference to attend and learn in-the-trenches tactics. In case you missed our previous preview, What Search Marketers Can Expect To Learn @SMX West In Silicon Valley, we wanted to recap the 10 most […]
- Online-To-Offline Metrics Increasingly Available, Important To Marketers
For well over a decade the internet has influenced billions and billions of dollars of local or offline spending. But that was largely ignored because it was almost impossible to track digital ads to the offline point of sale (outside of coupons), where 90+ percent of transactions occur. Now, with smartphone ubiquity and vast amounts […]
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Google Webmaster Tools Data Stopped Updating Almost A Week Ago
- Search In Pics: Google Disco Ball, A Cacoon & YouTube Cafe
- Is Your Local Site Mobile Friendly? Should It Be?
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- ROI Vs. ROAS: Which Is The Better Metric For Digital Advertisers?, adexchanger.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 17 Top Blogging Tools That You Ignore At Your Peril, www.jeffbullas.com
- Five Blogging Tips That You Haven’t Heard Before, www.digitalthirdcoast.net
- How do I write the best Headlines for my Blog?, www.cornwallseo.com
- How to Make Better Visualizations for Your Blog, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Three of Tech’s Top CEOs to Skip Obama Cybersecurity Summit, Bloomberg
- Yahoo Cuts 100 to 200 Jobs, Mostly In Canada, Wall Street Journal
- 14 Ways To Romance Your Audience With Content Marketing, heidicohen.com
- Don’ Let An Obsession With Data Kill Your Content Marketing, relevance.com
- How Content Discovery Tools Can be Used to Boost Success, smallbiztrends.com
- Want Your Content to Rock? Put These 16 Tips Into Play, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- How Do I Know Which Pages to A/B Test?, www.impactbnd.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- On China’s Bleeding Edge: Web Design Trends 2015, www.smashingmagazine.com
- Responsive web design: 15 of the best sites from 2014, econsultancy.com
- Tips for Using Written Response Questions in UX Research, www.usertesting.com
- Cons of Registering Political Domain Names, www.domaininvesting.com
- 15 quotes that define the state of the ecommerce industry, econsultancy.com
- B2B e-commerce is on the rise, www.internetretailer.com
- Boost Shopping CTR with Simple Feed Optimization, www.seerinteractive.com
- Brands: Don’t Get Lost on Amazon, adage.com
- Getting Started with eCommerce Personalization, blog.crazyegg.com
- Groupon Plans to Start Selling Beacons to Merchants, streetfightmag.com
- New Online Marketplace Jet.com Raises $140 Million, www.wsj.com
- Precisely how retailers should use mobile apps, www.internetretailer.com
- Retailers that suffer a data breach can offer customers a mobile app, www.internetretailer.com
- How to Export Your Email Contacts from Constant Contact, www.verticalresponse.com
- What’s the Difference Between Email Lists and Tags?, blogs.constantcontact.com
- Why Your Email List Has Zero Business Value, famousbloggers.net
General Internet Marketing
- 4 marketing requirements to make 2015 even more profitable, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Forensiq Names Mike Rosner as New Chief Revenue Officer, www.digitaljournal.com
- Gummicube Launches As A Pioneer In Big Data Analytics For Mobile, PR Newswire
- Apple Pay Coming To Federal Institutions Starting In September, techcrunch.com
- Apple Promoting “Great Games with No In-App Purchases” on App Store Front Page, www.macstories.net
- How Can Apps Retain Users? Be Honest, www.emarketer.com
- IPhone 6 Plus users are data-hungry big spenders, a marketer’s dream, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- OK Glass, Start Broadcasting: Streye Live Streams From Glass To YouTube, Glass Almanac
- 10 Brands for Men on Pinterest, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Foursquare No Longer Requires New Users To Create An Account, techcrunch.com
- How Does Domino’s Deliver High Caliber Facebook Customer Service?, simplymeasured.com
- How holdout groups drive sustainable growth, engineering.pinterest.com
- How JetBlue Creates A Social Movement In Travel, blog.zogdigital.com
- How to Get the Most Value out of Your LinkedIn Posts, www.quicksprout.com
- Maintain a Consistent Brand Identity in Social Media, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- Paid, Owned, and Earned Social Media: A Complete Content Promotion Plan, blog.hootsuite.com
- The Nihilist Arby’s Twitter Account Is Getting Better Engagement Than the Real Arby’s, www.adweek.com
- Three New Twitter Updates You Need to Take Advantage of in 2015, www.marketingprofs.com
- Twitter Engagement-per-Post Has Grown by 85% Year-over-Year, simplymeasured.com
- What Smart Marketers Are Doing With Twitter, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Twitter Wants You to See One Ad in Every 20 Tweets, www.adweek.com
- What Wearable Technology Means For Your Social Media Strategy, www.adweek.com
- Google Is Shutting Down Google Helpouts, Its Expert Video Chat Service, techcrunch.com
- The No Fuss Guide to Creating a Killer Vlog, www.reelseo.com
- This Is How Much Money People Make on YouTube, www.complex.com
- YouTube Tests New Logo, googlesystem.blogspot.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.