Marketing Day: Target Twitter Ads By Mobile Device, E-Commerce Conversion Rates & The New CMO
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Twitter Ads Can Now Be Targeted By Mobile Carrier & New Devices
The new options are available today in 35 countries and are coming soon to Ads API partners.
- SPONSOR MESSAGE: NEW – Page One Power Partnership Opportunities for SEO firms for Link Building
SEO firms interested in leveraging the expertise of Page One Power, can become either White Label Partners or Referral Partners beginning now. Work with Page One Power to increase your clients’ search visibility and lend authority to their brand while you focus on other aspects of their SEO strategy. Find out which partnership program is […]
- Infographic: How Twitter Users Love To Watch & Tweet About TV
Twitter users love TV. They also love to share socially about the TV shows they’re watching, probably because they believe themselves to be influencers that others seek out for opinions about television shows. And the time they tweet about TV the most? When TV shows are airing live. Those are some of the findings from a new […]
- Lowe’s Adds Instagram Hyperlapse Videos to Award-Winning #LowesFixInSix Vine Series
Think you need fancy technology to do video marketing? The home improvement store and agency BBDO once again show that an iPhone will do just fine.
- E-Commerce Conversion Rate At Seasonal High, While Traffic Remains Strong
Shoppers appear to be in serious buying mode, having done most of their gift-buying research for the season, according to the Marketing Land Online Retail Shopping Report.
- IAB Says 100 Percent Viewability Isn’t Possible Yet, Sets 70 Percent Threshold
Citing the need for industry cooperation, the IAB says 2015 will be a transition year for viewability.
- InMobi Exchange Launches Programmatic Mobile App Audience Buying
Automated direct order buys enabled in 36 countries.
- Survey: Just A Third Of Digital Marketers Make Mobile A Priority
Marketers cite data overload and media fragmentation as key challenges in 2014.
- Help Your Marketing Team Build Airplanes, Not Minotaurs!
As marketers, we use technology for outgoing communications and campaigns. Contributor David Rodnitzky exhorts us to use the latest tools internally, as well.
- More Marketers Now Dedicate Over Half Of Digital Budgets To Retargeting
Study shows marketers are investing more heavily in retargeting, saying it performs as well as search, email and other display.
- The New Year & The New CMO: 3 Key Predictions For 2015
Digital marketing is always evolving, and that means CMOs have to evolve as well. Columnist Jim Yu shares his predictions for what CMOs will need to focus on in the new year.
- YouTube’s New Beta GIF Creator Is A Blessing For Brands
A new beta GIF animation tool is far and away the easiest way to animate video clips directly within YouTube.
- LinkedIn Redesign To Display More Actionable Info To Help Trigger More Connections
A cleaner LinkedIn homepage is coming, chock full of new personalized stats and enhanced ways to keep in touch with connections.
- Yelp Introduces New App For Business Owners With Push Notifications
Yelp is releasing a new app for business owners. Unsurprisingly called “Yelp for Business Owners,” it’s available for iOS and Android users in all countries and languages in which Yelp currently operates. Until today local business owners with Yelp profiles had to tolerate a less than optimal experience accessing their account information on a smartphone. There was no […]
- Google Shopping May Go Deeper Into E-Commerce With “Buy Now” Button To Challenge Amazon
Google is reportedly floating the idea of a “Buy Now” button and two-day shipping program.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Google Trends Rolls Out “2014 Trending Topics” Feature, Site Redesign & Expanded YouTube Lists
- Google’s 2014 Top Trending Searches: The World Mourns Robin Williams, Asks About Ebola & Looks For Walmart
- Don’t “Live. Die. Repeat.” Your Keyword Mistakes
- Nest + Google Now = Google’s Now Predicting How Your Home Should Run
- Google News Still Available In Spain Despite Closure Deadline
- Wassily Kandinsky Google Logo Shares The Abstract Artist’s Style With Users Around The World
- Wanted: Session Ideas For SMX London
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Affiliate Program12 Things Your Affiliate Program Should Be Doing This Holiday Season, www.accelerationpartners.com
- Big Data: No longer a big buzzword, sherpablog.marketingsherpa.com
- How to Measure Digital Content More Effectively, adage.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 5 Ways to Protect Your WordPress Site From Hackers, www.lyntonweb.com
- 7 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Worry About Unsubscribes, profitblitz.com
- All the Things We Did Wrong With Our Blog Images, blog.bufferapp.com
- How This Fashion Brand Found the Sweet Spot in Blogger Relations, www.convinceandconvert.com
- How to establish your business blog as an authority in your industry, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- The Essential How To Guide on Generating Leads with Business Blogging, www.jeffbullas.com
- Yahoo Completes Acquisition of BrightRoll, investor.yahoo.net
- From Lycos to Ask Jeeves to Facebook: Tracking the 20 most popular web sites every year since 1996, Washington Post
- Q&A with Evan Williams, co-founder of Medium and Twitter, fortune.com
- 24 Days of Content Marketing, blog.visual.ly
- 3 Tips for Effective Content Promotion, relevance.com
- 6 Personal best practices for content creation success, www.businessesgrow.com
- 9 Ways to Use Content Marketing as a Recruiting Tool, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- How Content Marketing Axed the Marketing Funnel, www.verticalmeasures.com
- How Print Publications Impact B2B Content Marketing Development, www.komarketingassociates.com
- New Year, New Content Strategy, overit.com
- Twitter Rated Most Effective for Content Marketing, www.mediabistro.com
- What Should You Do With Old Content?, www.lunametrics.com
- Who, How, and Why: Three Keys to Successful Content Marketing, www.marketingprofs.com
- 17 Ways To Explosively Grow Your Audience Based Business: Boost Your Conversions, www.firepolemarketing.com
- 4 Step Checklist for Getting & Converting More Clients, imimpact.com
- An Epic Landing Page Makeover That Debunked 3 Optimization “Best Practices”, unbounce.com
- How Social Engagement Drives Site Conversions, www.socialbakers.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 3 Homepage Mistakes that Will Undermine Your Marketing, blogs.constantcontact.com
- Writing for 300 Million People: My Time As A Presidential Speechwriter, www.impactbnd.com
- Your Aging Website: When and How to Get a Web Design Facelift, www.blogherald.com
- Apple and Afilias Special Projects Register 1800 Nonsense Domain Names, www.billhartzer.com
- Hotly contested gTLDs up for auction tomorrow, domainincite.com
- FedEx will buy product-return firm Genco in an e-commerce push, www.internetretailer.com
- Online shopping activity is up in Canada’s western provinces this holiday, www.internetretailer.com
- Shopping Cart Abandonment Accounts for $18 Billion in Lost Revenue Each Year, vwo.com
- Welcome to Shoppost for Etsy, blog.shoppost.com
- Email Marketing Six Times More Effective Than Social Media, Says Study, www.mediabistro.com
- Gmail Implements Content Security Policy, techcrunch.com
- Which company sent the most ‘spam’ in 2014?, econsultancy.com
General Internet Marketing
- 15 Marketing Trends You Can’t Ignore in 2015, www.thunderactive.com
- 4 Tools to Help Build Your Brand Visibility, www.iacquire.com
- 7 Bad Digital Marketing Habits To Ditch in 2015, blog.zogdigital.com
- How Do You Measure The Quality Of Digital Ads?, www.adexchanger.com
- The Basic Definitions of Online Marketing Terms, www.marketingtechblog.com
- The Next Era of Marketing, blog.marketo.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Dentsu Aegis Acquires Attribution Shop Rockett Interactive, adage.com
- Janrain Acquires Arktan, janrain.com
- Apple Pay Gains New Backers, blogs.wsj.com
- How mobile changes marketing, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Mcommerce Mobile Trends 2014: The Device of Christmas Future, www.bluefountainmedia.com
- Men purchase via mobile commerce more often than women, www.internetretailer.com
- Mobile rewards gain stature as currency for Airlines, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- 5 Ways to Use LinkedIn for Reputation Management, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 10 Toys That Are Winning Social Media For The Holidays, www.adweek.com
- 65% of Top Brands on Facebook Post Five Times a Week or More, simplymeasured.com
- 91% of B2B Marketers Use Social Media During Events, www.mediabistro.com
- A new way to edit Pins on the web, blog.pinterest.com
- “Dark Social” is Responsible for More Content Shares Than Every Social Network Combined, lkrsocialmedia.com
- Creative Facebook Cover Photos: 5 Lessons From 10 Brands, blog.hootsuite.com
- Does Color Matter for Facebook Pages?, allfacebook.com
- Facebook Starts Auto-Enhancing Photos Because Algorithms Are Better At Filters Than You, techcrunch.com
- Five New Instagram Filters, blog.instagram.com
- How Carnival, Royal Caribbean, and Disney Cruise Lines Get Instagram Followers to Engage, simplymeasured.com
- How Facebook’s Security Team Is Calming Marketers’ First-Party Data Fears, www.adexchanger.com
- How To Create An ‘In Real Life’ Pinterest Strategy, blog.tailwindapp.com
- How to Use Influencers to Build Your Brand’s Owned Audience, contently.com
- Seven Reasons Your Social Media Should Include Instagram, www.searchenginepeople.com
- Speed of Resolution Over Speed of Response is Key to Social Media Success, dannybrown.me
- The Social Media Marketing Tips You Can’t Go Into 2015 Without, www.socialbro.com
- What Works on Facebook for the Interbrand 100 Top Global Brands?, allfacebook.com
- Vine Success for Music Stars 2014, www.billboard.com
- Can Facebook Users Now Save Videos?, allfacebook.com
- Cuisinart Blends Static Videos With Calls To Action To Cook Up Engagement, www.adexchanger.com
- Sharing Video Ads: Why Does YouTube Make it SO Difficult?, www.reelseo.com
- Why Video Landing Pages Kick Ass (& How to Make Your Own), www.wordstream.com