Marketing Day: The consumer mobile journey, Google’s Reach Planner & Facebook news
Amy Gesenhues on April 10, 2018 at 4:00 pm
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Brands, please stop ruining the consumer mobile journey with desktop experiences
Apr 10, 2018 by Brian Solis
Contributor Brian Solis urges brands to prioritize the mobile experience as consumers seek to complete tasks and purchases on their devices.
- Does Cambridge Analytica have your info? Here’s how to check
Apr 10, 2018 by Amy Gesenhues
Facebook is making it easy for users to find out if their data was scraped and is launching a data abuse bounty program to report app developers.
- Connect With Peers And The Martech Community
Apr 10, 2018 by Marketing Land
Join the marketing technology community at MarTech®, April 23-25 in San Jose. You’ll participate in 55+ sessions led by experts from L’Oréal, Donors Choose, Weight Watchers, Netflix, Airbnb, and many others. And beyond sessions, you’ll meet more than 100 leading martech vendors in our Expo hall, gain access to structured and unstructured networking including 2 receptions, networking lunches, speed networking, and more!
- Case study: Digital out-of-home and mobile-location deliver offline success for REI
Apr 10, 2018 by Greg Sterling
Campaign was a collaboration between the retailer, Vistar Media and LiveRamp and delivered 3.6x lift in store visits.
- Time for brands to take customer data personally
Apr 10, 2018 by Nina Caruso
As consumers and regulators increase scrutiny around data, contributor Nina Caruso says there’s an opportunity to adopt a customer-centric approach to privacy while providing personalized experiences.
- Already doing SEO? Add these two things to optimize for voice search
Apr 9, 2018 by Bryson Meunier
Not sure how to optimize your webpage for voice search? Contributor Bryson Meunier lists 12 ‘how-to’ tactics and suggests two of them are the real workhorses in driving traffic to your site.
- The new Google AdWords interface is coming soon. Are you ready?
Apr 9, 2018 by Mona Elesseily
Bagpipe music in AdWords? Contributor Mona Elessily lists pros and cons of the new Google AdWords interface as she sees and hears it.
- Google patent on related entities and what it means for SEO
Apr 9, 2018 by Dave Davies
Contributor Dave Davies pulls key points from a newly awarded Google patent on related entities and points out the ranking benefits of strengthening entity associations in your SEO and link-building efforts.
- How to align SEO and sales teams so everyone benefits
Apr 9, 2018 by Casie Gillette
If your sales and SEO team need a refresher on how to work together, Columnist Casie Gillette has an outline with five communication tips that will get them talking in no time.
- The power of podcasting: SEO keyword angles
Apr 9, 2018 by Sherry Bonelli
In Part 2 of a three-part series, Contributor Sherry Bonelli dives into the details of optimizing a podcast for maximum SEO, link and brand-building benefit.
- Google launches Reach Planner for YouTube & video ad forecasting in AdWords
Apr 9, 2018 by Ginny Marvin
The tool suggests ad format mixes and provides reach estimates based on campaign objectives and budget inputs.
- Facebook announces election-based independent research initiative as part of its continuing hearts and minds campaign
Apr 9, 2018 by Amy Gesenhues
In the last month, Facebook has released a flurry of announcements on its efforts to improve its News Feed, ad transparency and privacy controls for users.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
- Oracle adds clouds for analytics, segmentation and loyalty
Apr 10, 2018 by Barry Levine
The new Oracle Infinity is the company’s first web/app analytics platform, and the new CX Audience and Loyalty clouds boost existing capabilities.
- Sendwithus launches GDPR-compliant, cloud-based email CMS
Apr 10, 2018 by Robin Kurzer
Dyspatch was made specifically to help enterprises manage their transactional emails on a large scale.
- Consumer groups file FTC complaint against YouTube for collecting kids’ personal data without parental consent
Apr 10, 2018 by Robin Kurzer
Twenty-three consumer watchdog groups say Google is not making any effort to comply with COPPA.
- Header bidding: The biggest trends for 2018
Apr 10, 2018 by Alex Bornyakov
Where are we with header bidding, and what upcoming developments should we prepare for? Contributor Alex Bornyakov offers his perspective.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 5 Memorial Day Email Marketing Ideas, Movable Ink Blog
- 6 Graphic Design Tools for Marketers, MarketingProfs
- 7 Tips to Improve Your Marketing Technology ‘Request For Proposals’ (RFP), CMS Wire
- First look at Instagram Nametags, its clone of Snapchat QR codes, TechCrunch
- How to Create Video Ads That Sell, Practical Ecommerce
- Instagram Looks Like Facebook’s Best Hope, Bloomberg
- Just 53 Australians used Facebook app responsible for Cambridge Analytica breach, The Guardian
- Twitter Bots: An Analysis of Automated Accounts and the Links They Share, Pew Research Center
- Vevo’s YouTube account hack hits popular music videos, causes biggest video ever to disappear, The Verge
- Why loyalty, not view count, should be your new North Star, Think with Google