Marketing Day: Top 100 Brands Survey, Geolocation Targeting & YouTube Redesign
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the Web.
From Marketing Land:
- Top 100 Brands Based On Consumer Perception: Google No. 1 Two Years In A Row
FutureBrand Index 2015 surveyed 3,000 consumers to rank the top 100 largest global companies based on brand perceptions.
- Apartments.com Sweepstakes Offers Chance To Win Free Rent For Life
Apartment search website is offering free rent to encourage user reviews and social shares.
- Twitter Makes Its Case To Be A Major Video Player At VidCon
After “massive transformation” in video this year, Twitter’s head of TV and video says the company is the best place for video creators to connect with fans.
- Why Most Content Is “Meh” And How To Fix It
How do you create content that performs? It’s all about implementing an account-based content strategy, says columnist Rachel Balik. She explains what you need to know.
- Even The Biggest Brands Can Get Hyperlocal With Geolocation Targeting
As more consumers are turning to mobile, geomarketing is becoming increasingly essential for marketers. Columnist Andy Lombard explains why it should be a key part of your marketing strategy.
- Google Suspends Several Apps After Release Of In-App Fraud Report
Forensiq study detailed ways malicious app developers have adopted fraud tactics seen in display advertising.
- YouTube Gets Mobile Redesign, “Diamond” View Buttons & Courts Creators
Announcements and news came during keynote by YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki at VidCon, event attended by thousands of video creators and fans.
- Amazon Surprises With Earnings Beat; Sales Up 20 Percent In Q2 2015
Shares surge in after-hours trading on news of quarterly net gains.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Special Olympics World Games Google Logo Celebrates 47th Year Of Competition
- Apple Updates App Store Search Ranking Algorithm
- Google To Shutter Orphaned Google+ Pages Next Week (July 28)
- Google Maps Easter Egg Responds To Kids Whining “Are We There Yet?” So You Don’t Have To
- Search In Pics: Android Hat Head, Yahoo Field Day & Google Music Room
- YouTube Ranking Factors: Getting Ranked In The Second Largest Search Engine
- Why We’re THIS Excited About The 2015 Search Engine Land Awards
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
- 4 Simple Reasons Your Blog Still Isn’t Getting Traffic, blog.kissmetrics.com
- Facebook, Microsoft, and Dropbox team up to make tech more accessible to people with disabilities, venturebeat.com
- Square Said to File Confidentially for Initial Public Offering, www.bloomberg.com
- How to Break the Mold with Visual Storytelling, adage.com
- How user generated content is changing content marketing, econsultancy.com
- Tapping Into Events: The Perfect Strategy For Content Creation, www.koozai.com
- What Skills Are Necessary to Be a Great Content Marketer?, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- 3 Marketing Experts Tell How Simple Strategies = Big Conversion Boosts, unbounce.com
- How To Build A Landing Page From Scratch, blog.crazyegg.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 5 Mobile Web Usability Rules You Can’t Afford To Ignore, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- 6 Tips Every UX Researcher Should Memorize, www.usertesting.com
Display & Contextual Advertising
- SEMRush’s Display Ad Tracking & 10 Cool Ways To Use It, www.contentharmony.com
- Verisign: Don’t See Anybody Abandoning .Com for .Brand or Another TLD., www.thedomains.com
- A Multi-Channel Marketing Workbook, blog.marketo.com
- App + Email = Ecommerce Done Beautifully, www.silverpop.com
- Digital Remains Just One Part of the Shopping Journey in the UK, www.emarketer.com
- How can online businesses benefit from programmatic marketing?, www.internetretailer.com
- Launching a New Ecommerce Product? Research Marketing Options (Carefully), www.practicalecommerce.com
- New measure tests retailers’ web and mobile performance, www.retaildive.com
- Wal-Mart Takes Full Ownership of Chinese E-Commerce Venture Yihaodian, Wall Street Journal
- Why Marketers Haven’t Mastered Multichannel, www.emarketer.com
- 3 ways to hit your email marketing goals faster, myemma.com
- 4 Types of Emails to Promote Using Facebook Ads, blogs.constantcontact.com
- 8 FAQs About Photo Rights And Emails, www.verticalresponse.com
- Are You Satisfying Your Subscribers’ Hierarchy of Needs?, www.convinceandconvert.com
- How to send your most relevant email ever, myemma.com
General Internet Marketing
- 5 Ways to Modernize Your B2B Branding and Marketing Online, www.komarketingassociates.com
- Quick Tips on How to Activate your Customers as Brand Advocates, www.martechadvisor.com
- The 20 Most Valuable Global Brands in 2015, www.marketingprofs.com
- What Is Google Trends and To Use It For Your Digital Marketing, www.koozai.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Cardlytics Appoints Dani Cushion as Chief Marketing Officer, www.martechadvisor.com
- 4 Influencer Marketing Tools You Need to Manage Campaigns, smallbiztrends.com
- The IAB’s New In-Feed Ads: Scaling Education Instead Of Technology, adexchanger.com
- 5 Indispensable Ways to Convert More Mobile Users, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 5 Words to Describe Ineffective Mobile Marketers, www.adweek.com
- Making Time: Redesigning A Calendar Experience For Android, www.smashingmagazine.com
- Marketers size up in-app messaging to retain and monetize customers, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- The next 10 years in wearable technology, econsultancy.com
- 5 Ways To Make Your Social Media Marketing Measurable, heidicohen.com
- Facebook defeats shareholder litigation over IPO, www.reuters.com
- Facebook Local Business Categories List, www.localvisibilitysystem.com
- How Facebook Users React to Lost Phones, and How Brands Should, www.adweek.com
- Instagram: How to use live feeds in email campaigns, myemma.com
- Is Facebook Forcing An Outdated Strategy On Publishers?, adexchanger.com
- Lawmakers Slug It Out for Social-Media Supremacy, www.wsj.com
- Open-sourcing PINRemoteImage, engineering.pinterest.com
- Perfecting Mom Personas on Facebook, www.aimclearblog.com
- Pinterest Marketing: How to Succeed on Pinterest, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- The Hill Engagement on Twitter, simplymeasured.com
- Twitter removes background images: what it means for brands, econsultancy.com
- Your Fortunes are Written in the Stars (Your Facebook Star Reviews, that is), www.searchinfluence.com
- Does YouTube See Facebook as Real Competition?, www.adweek.com
- In Japan, YouTube Crushes Line for Usage, www.emarketer.com
- More platforms, more challenges for YouTubers, digiday.com
- Social Media’s Video Evolution Brings Us Back to the Basics of Human Communication, www.adweek.com
- YouTube Chief Pushes Ahead with Subscriptions Despite Questions, blogs.wsj.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.