Marketing Day: TweetDeck Adds Tweet Confirmation, Facebook Mobile Carousel Ads & More
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- TweetDeck Adds Tweet Confirmation To Help Prevent Social Media Misfires
Optional extra step should help social media professionals avoid accidental tweets to the wrong account.
- Carousel Ads Swing Around For Facebook Mobile App Ads
The popular carousel format is now available to advertisers looking to leverage mobile app install ads and mobile engagement ads.
- Chinese Smartphone Market Slows As Apple Market Share Grows
User growth in the world’s largest smartphone market is slowing. That’s according to IDC estimates of Q1 2015 smartphone shipments.
- Federal “Review Freedom Act” Wants To Make U.S. Yelp-Safe For Consumers
Many non-lawyers are unaware that it’s legally possible for consumers to waive their free speech rights to negatively review or otherwise criticize companies publicly.
- IAB Extends Certification Program For Digital Marketers With Focus On Data Skills
The Digital Data Solutions certification is aimed at increasing data management proficiency across the industry.
- What Does Winning In Search Look Like?
There’s no easy answer for how to define search success, but columnist Andrew Ruegger believes you can reach your goals by asking the right questions.
- 21 Ways To Market Your Business Online On A Shoestring Budget
Who says you need to spend millions on marketing? Columnist Steve Olenski tells you how to market your business yourself without spending a ton of money.
- 6 Dos And Don’ts For Lifecycle Email Marketing
Looking to expand your lifecycle campaigns, or just getting started? Columnist Jordan Elkind offers up these tips to put you on the right path.
- Facebook’s “Add A Link” Search Feature May Make Mobile Sharing Even Simpler
A new test feature from Facebook will make sharing a link easier, removing external searches from the process.
- Social Business Software Market Expected To Reach $37 Billion By 2019
New forecast suggests 22 percent compound annual growth for marketing automation, social media management and related software vendors.
- Mobile Video Ad Viewability Beats Desktop By 30 Points
Last December Google released research that showed 56 percent of online display ads weren’t ever seen.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Sharpen Your Edge With Workshops At SMX Advanced
- How To Acquire A New Location & Avoid Screwing Up The Local SEO
- After Several Public Google Maps Hacks, Google Forced To Suspend Map Maker To Prevent More Fake Edits
- Mother’s Day Google Logo Celebrates All Types Of Moms
- Report: Uber Makes $3 Billion Offer For Nokia’s HERE Maps
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Top 10 Affiliate Marketing Tracking Software, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 5 Analytics Platforms That Can Help Brands Understand Mobile Advertising, streetfightmag.com
- Data-driven marketing: How to monitor and maintain your data quality, www.mycustomer.com
- Measuring the Previously Unmeasurable, adexchanger.com
- Three key trends from our Data-Driven Marketing Briefing, econsultancy.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 3 Content Tweaks to Increase Your Blog Traffic without Spending a Penny, www.problogger.net
- 4 Tips for Landing a Solid Guest Blogging Spot, www.searchenginepeople.com
- 8 Blogging Mistakes That Cost Me. How Many Are You Making?, www.blogtyrant.com
- How To Add Emojis in WordPress, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Pinterest Adds $186 Million to Series G, Lets Employees Sell Shares, recode.net
- Google acknowledges 11 accidents with its self-driving cars, bigstory.ap.org
- One Thing All the Billion-Dollar Unicorns Have in Common, recode.net
- Yahoo Sues Ex-Staffer Claiming She Gave Secrets to Writer, www.bloomberg.com
- 4 Quick Tools to Help an Audience Share Your Content, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- 4 Tips for Reviving Your Content Marketing Strategy, www.toprankblog.com
- 50 (Almost) Free Ways To Repromote Content, heidicohen.com
- Avoid Web Mistakes, Find Content Marketing Voice, smallbiztrends.com
- How running my own publishing startup taught me more about content than any normal job, econsultancy.com
- How to Build a Knowledge Bank to Fuel Your Content Marketing Strategy, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- How to Create an Authentic Brand Story that Actually Improves Trust, blog.kissmetrics.com
- How to Create Shareworthy Content, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Why Building Your Brand Leads to Better Content, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Is Your Landing Page Leaving a Trail of Broken Promises?, unbounce.com
- The Most Effective Landing Page Optimization Tactics, www.marketingprofs.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 5 Ways UserTesting Can Help Experienced Researchers, www.usertesting.com
- Five Incredibly Specific Tactics for Writing Enchanting Copy, www.marketingprofs.com
- Put Your Best Foot Forward: Get Smart About User Experience, www.cmswire.com
- The Ideal Copy Length, blog.kissmetrics.com
- Carly Fiorina fires back at critics of ‘Domaingate’, www.msnbc.com
- Despite political domain name news, political new TLDs not taking off, domainnamewire.com
- A provider of communications technology expands its B2B e-commerce portal worldwide, www.internetretailer.com
- eCommerce Best Practices Yield a 250% Increase in Conversions, vwo.com
- Girl Scouts grow web sales 183% since 2012 with new technology, Internet Retailer
- How to Discover Your Ecommerce Brand, www.practicalecommerce.com
- International Experience Strengthens New Alibaba Chief’s Hand, www.wsj.com
- Omnichannel Strategies for Brands and Online Pureplays, www.getelastic.com
- Small retailers grow steadily online, Internet Retailer
- 10 Quick Design Hacks for Responsive Emails, blog.movableink.com
- Bye, bye, BUY! The perils of overly salesy emails, www.internetretailer.com
- How to Get More Clicks in Your Emails, blogs.constantcontact.com
- TheSkimm Has the Attention of Media Execs and Celebs, adage.com
General Internet Marketing
- Digital Marketers Can IAB Certified for $500, www.adweek.com
- This Is Why Your Digital Strategy Isn’t Working, www.cmswire.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Good Technology Q1 Mobility Index Report Shows 160 Percent Increase in Total App Activations, www1.good.com
- Livefyre and Here Media Launch Pride.com, the first social entertainment network for LGBT Millennials, blog.livefyre.com
- Tracx Introduces Smart Publishing Experience for Enterprises, blog.tracx.com
- 11 Innovative Mobile Payment Apps, www.practicalecommerce.com
- 3 Mobile Messaging Considerations for Publishers Partnering with Kik, www.skyword.com
- 5 Tips for Killer SMS Marketing, smallbiztrends.com
- Android Users Can Now Pre-Register For Upcoming Apps On Google Play, TechCrunch
- Apple Watch Requires Mobile Engagement to Go From Good to Great, www.adweek.com
- Mobile sophistication lags in hotel industry, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Should Facebook Be At The Top Of Your Mobile Strategy?, www.ppchero.com
- Three Places to Connect With Consumers on Mobile, www.marketingprofs.com
- Why Brands and SMBs Need Each Other for Success in Local, streetfightmag.com
- 14 Collaboration Tools for Social Media Teams, blog.bufferapp.com
- 5 Proven Ways to Leverage Social Proof for Your Brand, www.jeffbullas.com
- 7 Ways to Improve Your Social Media Engagement, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Brands and agencies divided on Snapchat’s latest ad format, digiday.com
- Coping with Demand for Social Customer Care in 2015, www.socialbakers.com
- Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg Transitions Back to Work Today, After Death of Husband, recode.net
- How NOT to use Social Media for Customer Service, www.conversocial.com
- How to Become a Marketing Master on LinkedIn, www.compukol.com
- How Verizon Uses Social for Marketing Research, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Professional Services SMBs are Heavy Users of Social Media, blog.biakelsey.com
- Quick Reference Guide for Facebook Marketers, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- The 20-Minute Social Media Routine for Haters, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- Twitter Communications Director Rachael Horwitz Joining Facebook, www.adweek.com
- Females Flock to Facebook for Video, www.emarketer.com
- How Elite Daily is building a millennial video strategy, digiday.com
- Meerkat vs. Periscope: Live Video Streaming on Twitter, www.razorsocial.com
- More Love For Mother’s Day Videos on Facebook Than YouTube, www.reelseo.com
- Twitter’s Different Approach to Vine and Periscope Ads, adage.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.