Marketing Day: Tweets Hit Google Search Results, WordPress 4.3 & Facebook Brand Pages Get GIFs
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the Web.
From Marketing Land:
- Tweets Officially Hit Google Desktop Search Results, Giving Brands Another Way In
Feature is now available for all English language users globally. Tweets from brands with active Twitter accounts are showing up in a carousel unit.
- Bizible Adds Offline Events To B2B Sales Attribution Platform
Offline events, conferences and more can be tracked and modeled along with online activities to understand sales impact from all channels.
- Survey: Teens Spend 2X More Time With Mobile Than PCs Or TVs
American teens, (so-called “Millennial teens”) spend more than twice as much time per day with mobile devices than they do with conventional TV or desktop computers. That may be no surprise to anyone, but it’s still sobering for marketers trying to reach this audience.
- How to Leverage Social Media for SEO: Link Building
Columnist Paul Shapiro outlines the myriad ways social networks can be utilized in your link-building efforts.
- New Android Phones: Less Google-App “Bloatware” Equals Less EU Scrutiny
Android Central is celebrating an apparent decision by Google to require fewer pre-loaded apps on forthcoming Android handsets.
- The Golden Path To Programmatic Premium
Looking for premium programmatic success? Columnist Melody Gambino outlines the steps brands and publishers need to take to create an engaging premium programmatic environment.
- Want More ROI From Your Social Programs? Take A Look In The Mirror
When it comes to telling your brand’s story, your customers often do it best. Columnist Jordan Kretchmer gives some examples of brands that are successfully integrating social into the customer journey.
- WordPress 4.3 Brings Improved Password Security, Easier Text Formatting
Latest release, named “Billie” in honor of famed jazz singer Billie Holiday, also adds easier menu changes, site icons and more.
- Facebook Gives The Gift Of GIFs To Some Brand Pages
The social network is testing the animated image format with a small selection of Pages. Wendy’s and a Brazilian drink brand make the first move.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Enterprise Web Analytics Platforms 2015 — New Marketing Intelligence Report
- Bing Ads’ New “Notify Me” Rules Automatically Email Campaign Alerts
- Google Officially Expands Twitter Into Desktop Search Results
- Search In Pics: Pokemon Biking, Google Panda Plate & Android Marshmallow Statue
- How To Recover If You Got Nailed By Mobilegeddon
- Yes, The Click-Through Rate Is A Ranking Signal, But…
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Top 5 Ways to Strengthen Publisher Relationships, blog.cj.com
- Do Brand Marketers Really Use Those Mobile Apps for Real-Time Analytics?, www.adweek.com
- Using Metrics for Marketing Success, www.adweek.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 10+ Tips to Increase Trust and Credibility of Your WordPress Blog (Part 1), www.wpexplorer.com
- 13 Ways to Drive Sales With Your Company Blog, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Grow Traffic to Your Blog Through Guest Posting and Creating Content for Other Blogs, www.problogger.net
- A Facebook cofounder says tech companies are needlessly destroying workers’ personal lives, qz.com
- EU Deepens Antitrust Investigation Into Google’s Practices, www.wsj.com
- Salesforce.com delivers above Q2 targets, outlook strong, www.zdnet.com
- The Future of Developing Firefox Add-ons, blog.mozilla.org
- 3 Elements of Successful Content, www.blogherald.com
- 3 Resources to Help You Spread Your Message to the Right People with Smart Content, www.copyblogger.com
- 5 Ways Marketing and Sales Can Collaborate for Better Content, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Content for Business: How to Build Your Business on a Solid Content Foundation, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Content marketers: It’s time to kill adverbs. Literally., digiday.com
- Content Marketing Leaders Reveal Their Helpful Hacks, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Develop Content Marketing KPIs to Gain a Better View, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Double the Power of Your Content with This One Change |, blog.crazyegg.com
- Five triumphant content marketing campaigns from the automotive industry, econsultancy.com
- Is Your Website Bounce Rate Related to Content Marketing?, smallbiztrends.com
- 7 Steps for More Effective A/B Testing, www.usertesting.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 5 Neatly Effective Ways To Ruin Your Graphic Designer’s Project, www.searchenginepeople.com
- Drastically Improve Your Website’s On-Page Optimization, www.ducttapemarketing.com
Display & Contextual Advertising
- Banner Ads Suck (and How to Make Them Convert Better), conversionxl.com
- The Non-Dotcom Bubble: The World’s Most Popular Startup Domains Other Than .Com, www.cbinsights.com
- Amazon opens a new fulfillment center in Texas, www.internetretailer.com
- Inside the Cross-Device Purchase Journey, www.getelastic.com
- Language Translation for Ecommerce: Good and Bad Examples, www.practicalecommerce.com
- One Online Newsletter’s Path to Enlightenment, blog.returnpath.com
General Internet Marketing
- 18 Signs You Are a Digital Marketer, www.wordstream.com
- 40 Pros Share Tips for Successful Influencer Marketing Campaigns, www.adweek.com
- CMOs, Meet Your New Best Friend: The CHRO, adage.com
- It’s Not Just Mobile: Time Spent Across Digital Media Is Booming, contently.com
- Mapping Marketing’s DNA in a Changing Tech Landscape, www.cmswire.com
- 4 ways marketers can seize ‘mobile moments’, mashable.com
- Don’t Reverse Mobile-Platform Improvements That Benefit App Developers And Consumers, techcrunch.com
- Swarm Gets Back Into The Game With Leaderboards, techcrunch.com
- Why Social Recommendations Are Vital for Local Online Marketplaces, streetfightmag.com
- Amazon’s Troubles Show How Corporate Culture Impacts Brand, adage.com
- Negative Reviews Hurting Business? Fix That Now, smallbiztrends.com
- Beyond the Basics of Pinterest Marketing, authoritylabs.com
- Harness the Power of Personas for Social Media Marketing, www.marketingprofs.com
- How marketers can use five of the most popular social channels in APAC, econsultancy.com
- How to Adapt Your Brand for Instagram, www.convinceandconvert.com
- How to Become Twitter Superstar, www.internetmarketingninjas.com
- How Twitter more than doubled its advertising audience, digiday.com
- Pairing Your Social Campaigns With Your Prospects, www.compukol.com
- Snapchat Discover to Add Mashable, Limit Sponsor Takeovers, adage.com
- Social Media: Choosing the Best Platform, www.verticalresponse.com
- Why Instagram is a Ripe Opportunity for Brands, www.adweek.com
- Agencies tell us which video platform they believe is best for brands, digiday.com
- Best Practices: How to Tailor Videos to the Customer Journey, adage.com
- Viral videos are myths without proper ad spend, www.luxurydaily.com
- Why Video Can Be the Foundation for Your Local Content Strategy, localu.org