Marketing Day: Twitter ad updates, Facebook Live’s new 360-degree videos & more
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Twitter is eliminating its ads that requested people’s personal information
Dec 12, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Twitter debuted its lead generation ads in 2013, but it has done little to keep pace with Facebook’s newer version.
- Act now: Save $300 on SMX West until this Saturday!
Dec 12, 2016 by Marketing Land
Your search for SEM and SEO tactics stops here. Join thousands of marketers at the premier search marketing conference on the West Coast — Search Engine Land’s SMX West, March 21–23, 2017, in San Jose, California.
- Digital assistants, conversational search and the future of local
Dec 12, 2016 by Brian Smith
As digital assistants like Alexa and Google Home become more popular, how can local search marketers adapt? Columnist Brian Smith shares his tips.
- Forget big data: Why thinking small can help marketers see the future
Dec 12, 2016 by Loretta Jones
Marketers may not be able to predict the future, but columnist Loretta Jones explains how a combination of small data analytics, predictive analytics and marketing automation can help your campaigns perform at their best.
- Facebook Live will spin up 360-degree streaming to match YouTube
Dec 12, 2016 by Tim Peterson
National Geographic will air Facebook’s first 360-degree live stream tomorrow, but it will be months until other Pages can.
- Reviews: The most ignored, most important part of your social media strategy
Dec 12, 2016 by Blaise Lucey
Consumer reviews can make or break your brand. Columnist and Bitly senior content strategist Blaise Lucey explains how to make them a central part of your social media strategy.
- With its new cloud-based header bidding, Amazon is taking another step toward building ‘an adtech powerhouse’
Dec 12, 2016 by Barry Levine
And its new Shopping Insights opens up its treasure trove of first-person shopping data to website publishers — for free.
- 5 effective ways to improve your website’s checkout conversion rate
Dec 12, 2016 by Khalid Saleh
Don’t lose out to shopping cart abandonment. Columnist Khalid Saleh shares five strategies to help you turn more website visitors into buyers.
- 5 tips for content marketing success in 2017
Dec 12, 2016 by Rachel Lindteigen
Get your content marketing program in tip-top shape for the new year. Columnist Rachel Lindteigen shares five ways to find success with your content in 2017 and beyond.
- How to use your buyer personas to build your 2017 marketing budget
Dec 9, 2016 by Jacob Baadsgaard
You’ve done your research and created buyer personas — now what? Columnist Jacob Baadsgaard explains how to place financial value on your personas in order to determine your marketing budget.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Affiliate Marketing Results for Black Friday, Cyber Monday 2016, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Five Key Elements For A Big Analytics Driven Business Impact, www.kaushik.net
- Overcome the Data Analytics Skills Gap with Citizen Analysts, www.cmswire.com
- The Importance of Real-Time Analytics Around the Holidays, www.martechadvisor.com
Blogs & Blogging
- Community Discussion: Do You Take Time Off Your Blog at the End of the Year?, ProBlogger
- 23 Free Blogging Tools That Will Make You a Better Blogger, www.jeffbullas.com
- Creating a Blog Content Plan for 2017, www.problogger.net
- 5 Content Marketing Ideas for January 2017, www.practicalecommerce.com
- 60+ Content Marketing Predictions for a Successful 2017, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- The Current State of the Content Marketing Ecosystem, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 10 web design and UX trends to boost conversions in 2017, www.usertesting.com
- How Agencies Should Approach Conversion Optimization for eCommerce | An Interview with AWA Digital, vwo.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 24 Free Web Tools, Design Elements – Fall 2016, www.practicalecommerce.com
- How Creating A Design Language Can Streamline Your UX Design Process, www.smashingmagazine.com
Display & Contextual Advertising
- Movable Ink’s Timeline of Contextual Marketing, movableink.com
- .Sucks domain to drop its price 99% in January, domainnamewire.com
- Amazon updates its new top level domain website to prepare for launch, domainnamewire.com
- Marketing With Sub-Domains, Not A Great Idea, dotweekly.com
- 16 eCommerce A/B Test Ideas Backed by UX Research, conversionxl.com
- 5 Steps to Help You Prepare Now for Ecommerce Tax Regulations, multichannelmerchant.com
- Everything You Want to Know About Amazon Advertising, www.searchenginepeople.com
- High Court Sidesteps Fight on Online Sales Tax Rules, www.wsj.com
- Is Instagram the Next E-Commerce Giant?, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- Year in Review: Take a Ride on the 2016 Ecommerce Time Machine, company-enterprise.myshopify.com
- 7 Ways to Bring Your Emails Back to Life with Dynamic Content, blog.marketo.com
- Amazon goes on an email blitz this holiday season, www.internetretailer.com
General Internet Marketing
- Getting Customers to Swipe Right: What Marketers Can Learn From the Dating Game, www.martechadvisor.com
- How to Measure ROI on Influencer Marketing in 2017, www.newswhip.com
- Influencer in Chief: 5 Steps to Success for Today’s CMOs, www.martechadvisor.com
- Influencer Marketing Automation: Finding the Right Balance, www.adweek.com
- Nielsen, Foursquare connect online ads with physical stores, www.retaildive.com
- What “Pulp Fiction” Can Teach CMOs about Customer Experience, multichannelmerchant.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Global business wins drive international expansion for Infectious Media, www.infectiousmedia.com
- Sizmek finds Ad fraud exists in over half of uncertified apps, globenewswire.com
- Mobile is eating the world, ben-evans.com
- Mobile Shopping Is on the Rise, But Security Is at Risk, www.adweek.com
- Survey finds half of consumers would prefer to conduct all customer service via messaging, venturebeat.com
- 18 Things You Need to Know about Marketing Your Local Business on Instagram, www.quicksprout.com
- A Quick Look at Sponsored Content on Social Media, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Brands aren’t giving up on Twitter just yet, but they are shifting their focus, digiday.com
- Estimated Reach, Streaming Reactions, and Graph API, www.facebook.com
- Facebook Page Layout Changes: How Marketers Should Respond, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Facebook rolls out a lightweight web version of its photo-sharing service, Moments, TechCrunch
- How Social Media Is Changing Advertising – for Better and Worse, www.adweek.com
- How to Use the Facebook Ad Split Testing Feature, www.jonloomer.com
- Rocked By Fake News Crisis, Facebook Is Under Pressure To Open Up To Experts, www.buzzfeed.com
- Three Ways Snapchat Is Changing the Marketing Landscape, www.marketingprofs.com
- Facebook Video: Tips & Best Practices for Video Marketers, tubularinsights.com
- How to Use YouTube Cards in Your Videos, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Instagram Just Rolled Out Its Live Video Feature to All U.S. Users, www.adweek.com
- New Creators for Change ambassadors and resources are here!, youtube.googleblog.com
- The future is mobile video: How advertising must adapt or die, venturebeat.com
- Video-Neutral: How Brands Can Blur the Lines Between TV and Online Video, www.thinkwithgoogle.com
- With Houseparty, The Meerkat Team Is Trying–Once Again–To Reinvent Live Video, www.fastcompany.com