Marketing Day: Twitter Adds More Choices To Polls, Attribution Reports & An Emoji Tracker
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- App Developers To Europe: Don’t Hurt Google’s Ability To “Improve” Android
Nov 25, 2015 by Greg Sterling
A group of roughly 140 Android developers under the coordination of an organization called the Application Developers Alliance is appealing to the European Commission not to take any action that could diminish Google’s control over the OS and contribute to Android fragmentation.
- 2016: Manual Link Building & SEO
Nov 25, 2015 by Andrew Dennis
Can link building truly be replaced by content marketing and “link earning”? Columnist Andrew Dennis doesn’t think so. Here’s why.
- Kantar-Shopcom And 4Info Partnership Offers Look At Future Of Retail Analytics
Nov 25, 2015 by Greg Sterling
Mobile advertising platform 4INFO has announced a deal with shopper targeting and analytics provider Kantar Shopcom. It offers brands the ability to measure the incremental impact of digital media on in-store sales at the SKU level. A number of companies, including Google, are now measuring store visits after exposure to digital ads.
- What To Do When Traffic Doesn’t Equal Sales
Nov 25, 2015 by Casie Gillette
So you’re getting decent traffic, but sales aren’t up. What’s the problem? Columnist Casie Gillette offers suggestions on where to look for answers.
- Twitter Adds More Choices To Native Polls
Nov 25, 2015 by Martin Beck
Not just a tossup any more, Twitter polls now include the ability to include up to four answers.
- App Intelligence Platform appFigures Releases “Cards” For Sharing User Reviews
Nov 25, 2015 by Barry Levine
The idea is to make it as easy as possible for an app publisher to share any praise.
- Social Beat Search In Referrals For The Year’s Top News Stories
Nov 25, 2015 by Martin Beck
Report by analytics firm Parse.ly shows social dominating search for five of seven major stories of 2015. Social also has an overall advantage in referral traffic in the Parse.ly network.
- Don’t Let Amazon Eat Your Lunch This Holiday Season
Nov 25, 2015 by Josh Manion
As consumers’ shopping behaviors continue to evolve, Josh Manion reveals tips for using data to boost mobile app engagement and in-store revenue.
- Commercial Relationship Disclosure On Social Media: What Does The FTC Require?
Nov 25, 2015 by Mark Traphagen
At the SocialPro conference in Las Vegas, Danny Sullivan discusses social media disclosure rules with the FTC’s Mary Engle. Columnist Mark Traphagen boils down the key takeaways for managers of social media accounts.
- How To Gain Insights And Act On Your Attribution Reports
Nov 25, 2015 by Eric Dezendorf
Once you have your attribution results, how do you successfully apply them to your marketing plan? Columnist Eric Dezendorf outlines several strategies that could work for you.
- Social Analytics Platform Zoomph Can Now Help Brands Track Emojis
Nov 24, 2015 by Barry Levine
New feature — the first of its kind, the company says — gives social marketers the info they need to respond to specific emojis in posts about their brands.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- 3 Google Patents You Need To Know About In 2016
- How Trust & Unique Identification Impact Semantic Search
- AdWords Shopping Ads Enhancements: A Roundup
- From Search To Store: Google Shows You Ads And Keywords Driving Offline Visits
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
- How to Turn your WordPress Blog into an Online Shop, www.blogherald.com
- Apple Has Acquired Faceshift, Maker Of Motion Capture Tech Used In Star Wars, techcrunch.com
- Google says it tried to preempt EU antitrust probe. That worked well., www.theregister.co.uk
- 3 Editing and Proofreading Lessons to Help You Elevate the Quality of Your Content, www.copyblogger.com
- 5 Content Marketing Ideas for December 2015, www.practicalecommerce.com
- 5 Ways to Create Interactive Content, blog.marketo.com
- Data: The Missing Piece in Your Content Marketing Strategy, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Powerful Branded Content To Inspire Your Marketing, www.seerinteractive.com
- 3 Ways To Make Your Hero Shot Convert Better, blog.crazyegg.com
- 8 Indisputable Ways To Increase Web Form Conversions, vwo.com
- How to Create Content That Converts Like Crazy, www.jeffbullas.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- How to Write High Quality Clickable Ads, www.searchenginejournal.com
- How to Write the Perfect Tagline?, www.adweek.com
Display & Contextual Advertising
- Why the Humble Banner Ad Is Not Dead, www.adweek.com
- Amazon’s Early Black Friday Brings 12% Rise in Traffic, multichannelmerchant.com
- As Black Friday Hype Wanes, Marketers Must Shift Their Holiday Retail Focus to Cyber Monday and Online Channels, www.martechadvisor.com
- E-Commerce Startup Jet Raises $350 Million, at $1.35 Billion Valuation, blogs.wsj.com
- How Agencies Are Adapting to China’s E-Commerce Boom, adage.com
- Mobile and social sites drive e-commerce traffic higher, www.internetretailer.com
- The Complete Guide to Website Push Notifications for Ecommerce, blog.kissmetrics.com
General Internet Marketing
- Cross-Platform Marketing a Must-Have in 2016, www.emarketer.com
- Fluid resourcing: Is this the new normal in digital marketing structures?, econsultancy.com
- The creative ways brands and agencies have thanked each other this year, digiday.com
- Should A Data Scientist Lead Your Marketing Team?, adexchanger.com
- Download your brand’s app? Give me just one reason, www.tune.com
- Google Shares Black Friday Location Data for Marketers, adage.com
- How Dunkin’ Donuts Increased Mobile Engagement, sherpablog.marketingsherpa.com
- How to reach the cross-device shopper, www.internetretailer.com
- Mobile App Users Reluctant to Share Location, www.emarketer.com
- Three Future-Proof Tactics for Mobile App Marketers, www.marketingprofs.com
- Tracing The Roots Of Wearable Technology, techcrunch.com
- What the holiday shopping season will look like for mobile consumers, digiday.com
- How To Build a Brand Reputation Online That’s Solid, smallbiztrends.com
- How You Can Use Reviews and Ratings to Prepare for the Holiday Season, www.marketingprofs.com
- 6 Holiday Instagram Marketing Tips for Businesses, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- 75% of successful Instagram posts show product within environmental context, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- 8 Quick Ways You’ll Lose Followers On Social Media, smallbiztrends.com
- Advanced LinkedIn Ads Targeting Research, www.clixmarketing.com
- Brands Tread Carefully with Social Commerce, www.emarketer.com
- Facebook SDK for tvOS Now Available, developers.facebook.com
- Facebook Testing New Admin Panel for Messaging by Pages?, www.adweek.com
- Frustrated publishers to Twitter: Give us our share counts back, digiday.com
- How Snapchat’s wooing ad agencies, digiday.com
- Is Your Website Optimized for Social Media?, simplymeasured.com
- The Biggest Twitter Publishers Of October 2015, blog.newswhip.com
- Three Ways a Social CMO Boosts Your Bottom Line, www.marketingprofs.com
- Twitter’s Head of Retail Predicts 5 Holiday Trends You’ll See on the Social Network, www.adweek.com
- What Drives Engagement on Social Media?, www.adweek.com
- Launching native video support for Twitter Kit, Twitter Blog
- 71% of Companies Plan to Increase their Video Marketing Budget, www.reelseo.com
- Are you making these six video marketing mistakes?, econsultancy.com
- Facebook Testing New Call-to-Action Buttons for Video Ads?, www.adweek.com
- How to Get Started With Employee-Generated Video Content, www.convinceandconvert.com