Marketing Day: Twitter DM buttons for brands, Facebook value metrics & more
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- 4 reasons your PPC programs can fail
Jun 13, 2017 by Pauline Jakober
Are you your own greatest obstacle to paid search success? Columnist Pauline Jakober explains four ways you may be inadvertently setting your PPC campaigns up for failure.
- Incremental innovation: How to make big changes in your email program, one step at a time
Jun 13, 2017 by Ryan Phelan
Launching a new full-blown email program takes time and money most marketers don’t have. Contributor Ryan Phelan suggests focusing on one small innovation at a time to move the business needle.
- The Periodic Table of SEO Success Factors: 2017 edition now released
Jun 13, 2017 by Danny Sullivan
Mobile, direct answers & site speed factors gain greater weight.
- Twitter gives brands DM buttons for people to open links, post pre-written tweets
Jun 13, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Twitter is rolling out four buttons brands can attach to DMs to get people to do things on and off Twitter, like posting tweets and opening links.
- Report: 2016 holiday quarter saw highest rate of digital influence on store visitation
Jun 13, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Cuebiq report offers online-to-offline benchmarkingmetrics for nine verticals.
- Facebook brings value metrics to campaigns to help advertisers target the best customers
Jun 13, 2017 by Greg Finn
New Facebook targeting options are becoming more robust, stepping outside of traditional impressions/clicks/conversions and delving into value.
- NetLine brings company-targeting to its self-service content marketing portal
Jun 13, 2017 by Barry Levine
Long available via its managed services practice, company targeting means self-service marketers only pay for account-specific leads.
- The adChain blockchain launches to rescue ad tech
Jun 13, 2017 by Barry Levine
Introduced by MetaX and DMA, it is designed to track digital advertising’s supply chain.
- How to solve the mystery of what your customers really want
Jun 13, 2017 by Content Provided by IBM
How well do you really know your customers? If your company is like most brands, you already realize that you don’t really know them at all. In fact, a 2015 study from Aberdeen Group found that just 4 percent of organizations are fully satisfied with their ability to ensure data-driven conversations with their customers.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
- 11 Powerful Content Amplifiers for Blogging and Content Marketing, Small Business Ideas Blog
- Does Your Blog Need Editing and Proofreading?, Copyblogger
- How to Take a Break from Your Blog, Problogger
- Cook Says Apple Is Focusing on Making an Autonomous Car System, Bloomberg
- Google Hires Apple’s Key SoC Architect to Make Its Own Mobile Chips, Variety
- Google’s Pixel Launcher Crosses the 1 Million Downloads Mark, Android Headlines
- Yahoo Completes Sale of Operating Business; Company to Be Re-Named Altaba and Register as Investment Company, Yahoo
- 10 Surprising Business Benefits of Content Marketing, MarketingProfs
- An Offer You Cannot Refuse: The Future of Content Marketing from the Godfather of Content, Social Media Explorer
- Content Marketing Is No Leisurely Feat in the Travel Industry, Content Marketing Institute
- How To Increase Website Conversions With The Right Messaging, VWO Blog
- The Power of Surveys: How to Ask Questions to Bolster Conversion Research, Kiss Metrics
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- How to Create an Infographic From Start to Finish in 5 Steps, KoMarketing
- How To Give Your Copywriting A Conversion-Focused Uplift, Search Engine People
- The sad state of American TV ad copywriting, Digiday
- Why Your Responsive Site Isn’t Enough, PPC Hero
- 3 Ways to Engage With the Customer After Checkout, Multichannel Merchant
- Amazon is now bribing Prime members to avoid credit card fees, The Verge
- Amazon Prime Day 2017 Predictions: Date, Deals, & More, Best Black Friday
- Next-Gen E-commerce Strategies to Make the Most of Father’s Day, MarTech Advisor
- Report: Amazon expanding car sales effort in Europe, Retail Dive
- 9 Customer Re-Engagement Emails You Need to Steal, Crazy Egg
- A Marketer’s Guide to the Best Time to Send Email, Convince and Convert
- How Artiphon Grew its Audience with Kickstarter and Email, MailChimp Blog
General Internet Marketing
- B2C Marketing: What No One is Talking About , Marketo
- The Top 5 Differences In Marketing To Millennials Vs. Gen Z, MediaKix
- Using Influencer Marketing Throughout the Digital Buyer’s Journey, Vertical Measures
Internet Marketing Industry
- Bitly’s Mobile Optimizer: Building Seamless Mobile Experiences, Bitly
- Northplains Announces General Availability of NorthplainsNEXT, Northplains
- Return Path and Abusix Forge Partnership to Make the Internet Safer, Business Wire
- SDL Brings Neural Machine Translation to its Secure Enterprise Translation Server, SDL
- Verto Analytics Launches Audience Profiles Product, Market Wired
- Wistia Launches Soapbox to Make Professional Communications Easy with Video, Business Wire
- Automation: The Dirty Word in Social Media Marketing, Adweek
- How Bots and AI Are Transforming Local, Street Fight
- Social Media’s Role in Marketing Automation: Vital Data, MarketingProfs
- The average enterprise uses 91 marketing cloud services, Chief Marketing Technologist
- Amazon rolls out contact blocking for Alexa voice-calling feature, GeekWire
- Google Play introduces “Android Excellence” collections that showcase editorially selected top apps and games, TechCrunch
- Mobile conversion rates: How does your site compare?, Econsultancy
- Why Marketers Probably Need to Brush Up on How Mobile IDs Can Drive Better Advertising, Adweek
- Facebook Greenlights Reality Competition Series ‘Last State Standing’, Hollywood Reporter
- How Facebook’s Mobile Studio Is Helping SMBs Target Consumers, Street Fight
- How to Engage Millennials on Facebook and Instagram, Social Media Examiner
- Instagram Officially Introduced Its Archive Feature, Adweek
- The six-step guide to optimize your Facebook conversion tracking, 3Q Digital
- The State of Social Media Usage in America Today, Duct Tape Marketing
- The Ultimate Guide to LinkedIn Lead Gen Forms, Ignite Visibility
- Twitter Is Testing a Way to Let Users Know What’s “Happening Now”, Adweek
- ‘More of a blip’: Boycotting brands are back on YouTube, Digiday
- A Marketer’s Guide to Starting Out on YouTube, Simply Measured
- Apple undercuts Facebook in the augmented reality platform war, TechCrunch
- The Help-Hub-Hero Approach to Video Content Strategy, Jeff Bullas
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.