Marketing Day: Twitter Partners With Foursquare, Data-Driven Digital Marketing & Pinterest Explains Pinnability
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Pet Food Brand Turns To Social Media To Crowdsource Pet Adoption Advocacy Film
Nature’s Variety is touting the benefits of adopting pets from rescue operations and shelters, via a campaign called #LongLivePets.
- 9 Key Points for Cleaning Up Your Online Reputation Nightmare Via SEO
Columnist Chris Silver Smith discusses how to highlight the positive and better hide the negative to improve how you look online — without breaking the bank.
- Twitter Is Partnering With Foursquare On Location Tagging
Feature will be rolled out in the next few weeks in the United States and Canada with other markets to follow.
- 4 Areas Of Email Marketing Improvement
Columnist Daniel Faggella lays out the four phases of email marketing and discusses how you can fine-tune each to improve your bottom line.
- SMX Advanced Rates Increase Saturday – Register Today!
Super early bird pricing for SMX Advanced expires this Saturday, March 28. Register now for the lowest possible rate.
- Why Facebook Buying TheFind Could Be Huge For Retailers, And Facebook
TheFind flew under the radar, which is why it’s easy to underestimate the potential impact it could have on Facebook’s ability to lure more ad dollars from retailers’ budgets.
- The Data-Driven Art Of Digital Marketing
Digital marketers today have an abundance of data at their disposal, and columnist James Green notes that determining how to best utilize all these data points is truly an art form.
- LinkedIn Job Search App Makes Its Arrival On Android
Android users can give their job search a raise with LinkedIn’s new native Android app.
- Fashion Brand Buys 100 Domain Extensions, Creates Customized Site For Each
The Butterfly Twists footwear brand hosts a breakfast for fashion bloggers to kick off its new #AnywhereAnytime campaign.
- Pinterest Explains How “Pinnability” Drives Its Non-Chronological Home Feed
The visual social network reveals more details about the machine learning algorithms that serve personally relevant Pins on user home feeds.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Yahoo Search Adds A Mortgage Calculator
- Bing Ads Unified Device Targeting Is Here: Explicit Smartphone Campaigns End This Week
- 3 Awesome Things You Can Do With The AdWords Dimensions Tab
- Emmy Noether Google Logo Pays Tribute To One Of The Most Influential Mathematicians Of The 20th Century
- SMX Advanced Rates Increase Saturday – Register Today!
- The Inside Scoop On AdWords Ad Rotation
- Google’s Mobile Knowledge Graph Cards Get Some Color
- Map Moves: Uber Buys deCarta, Maponics Grabs UMI, Google Ends Maps Engine
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Advertiser Interview: Elizabeth Arden, blog.affiliatewindow.com
- Cross-Channel View Tops B2Bs’ Analytics Wish Lists, www.emarketer.com
- Toward Viewability: You Can’t Count What You Haven’t Measured, www.thinkwithgoogle.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 5 Engagement-Driven Elements You Should Add To Every Blog Post, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- 7 Commonsense Tips to Improve Your Next Expert Roundup, www.problogger.net
- Habits of Prolific Bloggers, www.blogherald.com
- How to Exceed 100,000 Blog Visits Per Month, www.searchenginejournal.com
- WordPress Blocked In Pakistan, techcrunch.com
- Google Fiber May Have Created a Game-Changer: Real Measurement of TV Ad Views, www.adweek.com
- NFL to Broadcast a Game Nationally Via Internet Only, www.wsj.com
- Scientology’s Sneaky Google Ads Slam HBO Documentary, www.thedailybeast.com
- A Content Creation Course, www.cornwallseo.com
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Become a Brand Publisher, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Content Marketing Consolidation Continues, As Cision Grabs Viralheat, adexchanger.com
- Do Clickbait Headlines Undermine the Credibility of Content and Experts?, www.adweek.com
- How to Develop “Strategy” In B2B Content Marketing, blog.kissmetrics.com
- How to Overcome Content Marketing Struggles, www.emarketer.com
- The 10 New Rules Of Visual Content Marketing, www.jeffbullas.com
- Why Small Businesses Must Invest in Content Marketing, www.searchenginejournal.com
- How to Turn B2B Prospects Into Customers, www.convinceandconvert.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Coming to Terms with Intangible Design, uxmag.com
- From Page to Stage to Screen: Designing an Omni-Channel Experience, www.uxmatters.com
- How Major League Baseball can Boost New Domain Names, domainnamewire.com
- Taylor Swift buys TaylorSwift.porn to prevent…well, you know, www.salon.com
- New Features for Yahoo Stores: Coupon Manager and Cross-Selling, yahoosmallbusiness.tumblr.com
- 6 Global, Online Shopping Trends that Could Impact Your Business, www.practicalecommerce.com
- 7 Tips for Targeting the Mobile-Only Shopper, www.getelastic.com
- EBay Names 2 New Directors to Its Board, www.wsj.com
- 5 Types of Emails to Show Your Customers How Much They Matter to Your Business, blogs.constantcontact.com
General Internet Marketing
- B2C Marketers Speak: 5 Predictions About The Future of Marketing, blog.marketo.com
- Influencer Marketing Study, blog.tomoson.com
- See What? B2B Marketers Takeaways on Ad Viewability, www.cmswire.com
- Top 5 CMO Mistakes & How to Avoid Them (The Mistakes, Not the CMOs), blog.kissmetrics.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Announcing Salesforce Marketing Cloud Active Audiences, blogs.salesforce.com
- Seth Farbman, Former Gap Global CMO, Heads to Spotify, adage.com
- SwellPath Acquired By 6D Global Technologies, SwellPath
- Avoid common mistakes, developers.google.com
- Google Fiber Testing Local TV Ads in Kansas City, blog.biakelsey.com
- Google Isn’t Giving Up on Glass, Eric Schmidt Says, blogs.wsj.com
- Help Your Content Go Anywhere With A Mobile Content Strategy, www.smashingmagazine.com
- Microsoft Apps to be Pre-Installed on Some Android Devices, blogs.wsj.com
- The Wearables Road Ahead, techcrunch.com
- Where Were You 3 Minutes Ago? Your Apps Know, blogs.wsj.com
- 101 Guide To Building Your Personal Brand, smallbiztrends.com
- Twitter is facing a class action lawsuit for gender discrimination, www.theverge.com
- 2015 Social Media Benchmarks by Industry, www.marketingprofs.com
- 3 Tips for Getting Serious About Social Analytics, www.socialbakers.com
- 5 Steps for Setting a Foundation for Social Media Amplification, www.adweek.com
- 6 Things We All Need to Stop Doing on Social Media Now, unbounce.com
- 8 Tips To Help Improve Your Google+ Profile, authoritylabs.com
- How Major Events, Viral Trends Impact Facebook’s Ads Auction Market, www.adweek.com
- How to Engage and Retain New Customers with Email and Social Media, blogs.constantcontact.com
- How to Implement a Loyalty Program Using Social Media, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- How to Use Facebook Organic Post Targeting, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Increasing Your Exposure with LinkedIn Publisher, www.compukol.com
- Is Facebook about to open Messenger to content producers, brands?, econsultancy.com
- Social growth stalling, Facebook wants to become your bank, digiday.com
- Social media and the workplace: The Do’s, Don’ts and Definitely Nots!, www.branded3.com
- The Definitive List of Social Media Marketing Tools, www.razorsocial.com
- The Social Media Opportunity Most Businesses Miss (Do You?), heidicohen.com
- Twitch accounts were compromised, passwords for all users reset, thenextweb.com
- Victoria’s Secret and Sephora Are Already Using Instagram’s New App, www.adweek.com
- How to Use Facebook Native Video to Build Your Audience, www.ryanhanley.com
- Video Content Marketing: Pros, Cons, Examples and Best Practices, www.toprankblog.com
- Why Meerkat may have an edge over Instagram and Vine for brands, www.mobilemarketer.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.