Marketing Day: Twitter Tests TV Timeline, Swarm Gains Direct Messaging & What On Earth Is Meerkat?
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Interactive Site Educates Adults On Prevalence of Cyberbullying Among Children And Illustrates The Power Of Words Needed To Help
The Hungry Boys agency’s public service message serves to graphically illustrate the possible consequences of cyberbullying.
- Twitter Accelerates Second-Screen Push With TV Timeline Test
The company is experimenting with hubs for live shows; if you tweet about one, you’ll be invited to enter a timeline dedicated to conversation about the program.
- What On Earth Is Meerkat? And Why Should Brands Care?
New live-streaming video app has captured the attention of early adopters; few businesses are using it yet.
- How Engaged Leaders Use Mobility To Build Brands & Businesses
Guest columnist and Altimeter CEO Charlene Li discusses how mobile can be leveraged by company leaders to support business objectives, provide excellent customer service, and foster a collaborative work environment.
- 6 Information Architecture Facts Every Business Should Know
There’s a lot of confusion out there about what information architecture is (and isn’t). Columnist Shari Thurow is here to clear up misconceptions and set the record straight.
- How David Can Take Goliath With Digital Marketing Every Time
Columnist and co-author of “Taking Down Goliath” Kevin Ryan explains how small businesses can use digital marketing to their best advantage.
- Swarm 2.0 Gains Direct Messaging To Help Pollinate A More Social Experience
A new private messaging feature may help Swarm grow from a check-in/gaming app to a full fledged leader in the local social space.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Bing Tests New “Favorites” Feature That Lets Users Bookmark Images
- AdWords Search Query Data Now Available Sooner
- Report: Microsoft’s Cortana Coming To iOS, Android This Fall
- The Evolution Of Google SERPs: Three Key Takeaways From SMX West 2015
- Search In Pics: Google Shop, Google Stone & Golden Android
- 4 Super Smart Rising Stars In PPC Marketing To Read & Follow
- Google To Sunset Webmaster Tools API Version One On April 20th
- Google Is Practically Begging Firefox Users To Switch Their Default Search Engine
- Google, Wal-Mart Breakup Suggests Problems Ahead For Local Inventory Ads
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 3 reasons to consider affiliate marketing for your business, www.bizjournals.com
Blogs & Blogging
- How to Set Up Your First Blogger Campaigns, www.techipedia.com
- 13 Content Curation #FAILS, heidicohen.com
- How to Win Your Battle for Content Marketing Buy-in, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Brutally Honest Advice for Better Landing Page Design, unbounce.com
- How to get 60 Leads in 24 hours with a Landing Page and a LinkedIn Group, blog.kissmetrics.com
- Promo Code Box on your Shopping Cart Page could be Bleeding Dollars. A/B Test it., vwo.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 6 Simple Steps to Improve User Experience, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Using Customer Insights To Give People What They Want, blog.crazyegg.com
- Google leaks 282,000 private Whois records, domainincite.com
- E-Commerce is the New Retail Storefront, www.adweek.com
- EBay exec: Merge user ID, customer insights to drive marketing efficiency, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Essential Reasons eCommerce Needs Mobile App Smarts, smallbiztrends.com
- Inspiring Ecommerce Product Descriptions to Learn From, www.practicalecommerce.com
- 4 eCommerce Email Mistakes You Might be Making, blog.movableink.com
- Did Estee Lauder and Clinique’s Lunar New Year Emails Payoff?, blog.returnpath.com
General Internet Marketing
- Channel Marketing Blues Got You Down?, www.cmswire.com
- CMOs Conducting the Marketing Orchestra: Can You Play Across All Channels?, thedma.org
- Yes, You Do “Heart” Performance Marketing, thepma.org
Internet Marketing Industry
- Sysomos and Tickr Partner to Provide Real-Time SXSW Social Trends Dashboard, www.marketwired.com
- Algorithms Are For Humans: Where We Still Need People In The Marketing Equation, adexchanger.com
- It’s Official: It’s Hard to Get All Your Technology to Get Along, www.cmswire.com
- Apple adds App Store guidelines requiring devs obtain health research data consent, disclose Apple Pay policies, 9to5mac.com
- Converting mobile browsers into buyers, econsultancy.com
- Eight Mobile App Metrics Marketers Should Know (but Often Overlook), www.marketingprofs.com
- Former Kozmo CTO: There’s Froth in the Local Delivery Market, streetfightmag.com
- Needy Technology: Too Many Notifications Causes Users to Tune Out, www.adweek.com
- No Cheat Codes Allowed: How GameStop Harnessed the Power of the Mobile Age, thedma.org
- Raise a Ruckus: Creating Positive Mobile Disruption, thedma.org
- Smartphones vs. Tablets: What Wins for Western Europe Mcommerce?, www.emarketer.com
- WhatsApp Reaches 1B Android Downloads, www.adweek.com
- Online Reputation Management Strategy, www.searchenginepeople.com
- 4 Insightful Steps to Fresher, More Engaging Facebook Posts, smallbiztrends.com
- 5 Unexpected Benefits of Using Instagram for Business, blogs.constantcontact.com
- 7 Goal-Setting Tips For Social Media Marketers, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Creating Content or Memories; Is Social Media Warping Our Priorities?, mackcollier.com
- Don’t Let History Repeat Itself with Social Tools, www.cmswire.com
- Facebook Advertising 101 – Learn How To Do It Right, authoritylabs.com
- How Nissan Has Instagram Engagement Going Up on a #TueZday, simplymeasured.com
- How To Get More Followers On Instagram – 9 Creative Tips, www.longtailpro.com
- How to Share Instagram Images on Pinterest (and Vice Versa), blog.tailwindapp.com
- Instagram acts as moisturizer to preserve Facebook’s appeal, www.luxurydaily.com
- Snapchat COO Emily White to Depart Ephemeral Messaging Phenom, recode.net
- Snapchat Launches Local Channel for New Yorkers, www.adweek.com
- STUDY: Big Retailers’ Strategies for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, www.adweek.com
- How CBS Strategizes Cross-Screen Video, adexchanger.com
- Mobile Video Poised To Change How Marketers Interact With Audiences, adexchanger.com
- MSNBC to Debut Two Daily Video Shows on Facebook, www.adweek.com
- Pre-roll Video Ads a Leading Catalyst to Ad-Blocking Growth, adage.com