Marketing Day: Twitter view counts, holiday marketing tips & Google Manufacturer Center
Amy Gesenhues on December 11, 2017 at 4:00 pm
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Twitter will now display view counts for all videos, including ads
Dec 11, 2017 by Tim Peterson
For videos that brands post organically and also run as ads, Twitter will show the combined organic and paid view counts.
- Knowing your audience better is your competitive advantage: A case study
Dec 11, 2017 by Kristopher Jones
Sometimes, the key to increasing ROI is not to expand your targeting, but to refine it. Columnist Kristopher Jones shares a case study where hyper-targeted advertising based on detailed customer personas produced award-winning results.
- Ideation inspiration: 5 ways to brainstorm great ideas for blog content
Dec 11, 2017 by Megan Krause
Does it seem that your creative well has run dry? Columnist Megan Krause shares tips and tools to help get the wheels turning and generate fresh ideas for your blog content.
- Holiday marketing tips from a holiday shopper
Dec 11, 2017 by Amy Bishop
How can you stand out from your competitors during what is predicted to be a record-breaking holiday shopping season? Columnist Amy Bishop shares some advice for retailers.
- Act fast! SMX West Super Early Bird rates end Saturday night!
Dec 11, 2017 by Marketing Land
Your search for actionable SEM and SEO tactics is over. Join thousands of search marketers at the largest search marketing conference on the West Coast: SMX West, March 13-15, 2018, in San Jose, California. Rates increase at the end of this week!
- Google Manufacturer Center for product data expands scope, launches API
Dec 11, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
A new API, more countries and knowledge panel visibility give brands more incentive to use Google’s product data management tool.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
- Amazon wants to make Alexa the ‘UI for the enterprise’
Dec 11, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Alexa for Business could bring AI and ‘smart home automation’ to businesses large and small.
- CMOs should be measured by their results, not their spend
Dec 11, 2017 by Joe Hyland
Columnist Joe Hyland believes the most successful CMOs aren’t the ones who spend the most money; they’re the ones who invest in sophisticated martech stacks that produce big returns on revenue in the long term.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 5 Content Marketing Ideas for January 2018, Practical Ecommerce
- Are You Overlooking This Powerful YouTube Ranking Signal?, Convince and Convert
- Consumer Marketing-Email Preferences: Gmail Subscriber Growth, MarketingProfs
- Data Quality is Top Challenge for Marketers Investing in Content Personalization, KoMarketing
- Facebook Watch Time: 15 Ways to Increase Views and Engagement, Tubular Insights
- How to create an email marketing plan for 2018, My Emma
- Platforms Need To Follow The Triopoly’s Playbook And Give Data A Day Job, AdExchanger
- The GDPR Will Fundamentally Change Marketing, CMS Wire
- Three Tips to Create Sales Personalization at Scale, Marketo
- What were the biggest ecommerce trends in 2017?, Econsultancy