Marketing Day: Twitter’s new anti-abuse tools, YouTube TV subscription service & more
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Twitter extends abuse blocking to main timeline, puts offenders on timeout
Mar 1, 2017 by Tim Peterson
People can mute tweets containing certain keywords, phrases, hashtags or emojis from appearing in their timeline.
- Link free or die
Mar 1, 2017 by Julie Joyce
Why are we so afraid of links? Columnist Julie Joyce goes through several of our biggest fears and discusses how healthy they really are.
- Sharing is caring: Click share and post-holiday shopping success
Mar 1, 2017 by Matt Lawson
Click share is a crucial metric that can help you improve Shopping campaigns. Columnist and Googler Matt Lawson explains what it is and how to improve it.
- The new customer marketing lifecycle in the Engagement Economy
Mar 1, 2017 by Chandar Pattabhiram
Columnist Chandar Pattabhiram discusses the important of customer retention in an age where switching costs to consumers are low.
- Event-oriented vs. always-on: The campaign tactics that work
Mar 1, 2017 by Andrew Waber
Whether you’re an e-commerce advertiser focused on specific events or you’re looking to drive consistent revenue throughout the year, columnist Andrew Waber discusses the strategies that will help increase your ROI.
- Want stronger content? 7 steps to truly understanding your audience
Mar 1, 2017 by Ron Varrial
When digging for audience insights, don’t settle for wishy-washy, generic personas. Contributor Ron Varrial shares tips for getting inside your customers’ heads and hearts.
- 4 tips for creating epic nurture campaigns
Mar 1, 2017 by Mary Wallace
Who says marketing has to be boring? Columnist Mary Wallace shares tips to help you shake up your strategy and craft a cool nurture campaign.
- Totango rolls out first chatbot for customer success
Mar 1, 2017 by Barry Levine
The text-based Zoe can pull info on customers or track teamwork in resolving a customer success issue.
- How Facebook Messenger bots can now push out native, episodic content
Mar 1, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Octane AI’s Convos creates standalone messaging threads that can shared as links outside of Facebook Messenger.
- Reports: It’s cheaper to drive app-installs but harder to retain ‘high-value’ consumers
Mar 1, 2017 by Greg Sterling
iPhone users spent average of $40 on paid apps and in-app purchases in 2016.
- A better way to build martech software
Feb 28, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
In this e-book, Indusa explores a better way to build martech.
- YouTube debuts TV subscription service, at $35 a month for 6 accounts
Feb 28, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Every day people spend almost as much time watching YouTube as TV. And now they can watch TV on YouTube.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- How to Get Buy-In for Big Affiliate Projects, Conversant Blog
- Five ways marketers can use analytics to combat ad fraud, Econsultancy
- How Brands Can Use Feedback to Measure Customer Experience, Convince and Convert
- SMS KPIs: 7 ways to measure and optimize your program, Mobile Commerce Daily
- Survey: Improving Data Quality is a Critical Objective of Marketing Data Strategy, KoMarketing
Blogs & Blogging
- 6 Highly Effective Ways to Collect Leads Via Your Blog, Problogger
- How You Can Make Your Corporate Blog Work For You, WPExplorer
- Medium’s new Snapchat-like story format is called Series, VentureBeat
- 3 Unusual Tactics For Making Your Testimonials More Persuasive, Kiss Metrics
- 5 Simple Ways to Shape Your Content Through Your Culture, Marketo
- 7 Interactive Content Tools to Delight Your Audience, Top Rank Marketing Blog
- How to Craft Timelessly Powerful Stories with Freaks, Cheats, and Familiars, Copyblogger
- The Content Marketing Brand Management Checklist, Contently
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Be a Better Writer: 5 Lessons Learned From Yoga Teacher Training, Portent
- The hierarchy of user experience components, Econsultancy
- Things to Consider Before Crowdsourcing Design, Content Marketing Institute
- Don’t allow IGO’s to block your rights to defend your domain names, The Domains
- How MLB is using its .MLB domain name, Domain Name Wire
- 7 eCommerce Legacy Features You Should Retire in 2017, Inflow
- Feeding the beast: getting your order to Amazon on time, Internet Retailer
- 5 Last-Minute St. Patrick’s Day Email Ideas, Movable Ink Blog
- 8 Excellent Examples of Building Brand Loyalty Through Personalized Email, Social Media Explorer
- Amplify Your Email List with These Best Newsletter Practices, Sleeknote
- Email – One of the Digital Revolution’s Accelerators and Here’s Why, The Data & Marketing Association
- Using Segmentation to Improve Click Rate and Increase Sales, MailChimp Blog
General Internet Marketing
- 5 Steps To An Influencer Marketing Strategy, Search Engine People
- The Relationship Between Branding and Emotion, Duct Tape Marketing
- Your Most Powerful Influencers May Be Right in Front of You, CMS Wire
Internet Marketing Industry
- Bluecore Introduces Decisioning Platform for Commerce Marketers, Yahoo Finance
- Evergage Closes Out a Strong FY16, Blazing a Trail in Real-Time Personalization, Evergage
- Hyper-personalized direct mail software becomes a certified HubSpot Connect Partner in just two weeks, Enthusem
- Introducing The Vizia 2 Platform, Brandwatch
- Reflektion Revolutionizes Site Search with Introduction of Photo Search, Natural Language Processing and Universal Search, Reflektion
- SendGrid’s 2017 Global Email Benchmark Report Sets Goals for Today’s Email Programs, PR Newswire
- Trillium Software Delivers Trusted Solution that Connects Extensive Online and Offline Customer Information for Verification and Enrichment, Business Wire
- Building Blocks: Scott Gordon, CMO at RiskIQ talks Marketing Tech, MarTech Advisor
- Why the Dichotomy Between Ad Tech and Martech Doesn’t Work, AdAge
- Local Digital Marketing Strategy: What Brands Need to Do, MarketingProfs
- Mobile app usage grows by 28%: Where are users spending their time?, Econsultancy
- Expanding protection for Chrome users on macOS, Google Online Security Blog
- Google quietly launches Meet, an enterprise-friendly version of Hangouts, TechCrunch
- Bringing Business Insights and Ads to Stories, Instagram for Business
- Building a Safer Community With New Suicide Prevention Tools, Facebook Newsroom
- Facebook Reactions Now More Important Than Likes, Search Engine Journal
- Facebook releases Facebook Video app on Apple TV, TechCrunch
- How These 4 Brands Are Marketing With Snapchat Spectacles, MediaKix
- How to Predict Which Stories Will Succeed on Social, NewsWhip
- Publishers Need To Manage Their Facebook Addiction, AdExchanger
- Return of the Wearables: Snapchat’s Spectacles Reinvent Social Media, Small Biz Trends
- Should You Have a Separate Twitter Handle for Customer Care?, Conversocial
- Facebook’s Chief European Creative Says Video Is Still Undervalued, Adweek
- How to Add Video to Your Social Media Marketing, Social Media Examiner
- Marketers are still into Facebook Live, Digiday
- The Live Blog: February 28, 2017, Facebook Media
- Video is Now the Most Desirable Skill in Marketing, Convince and Convert
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.