Marketing Day: Twitter’s new Dashboard tool, Pinterest’s AI-enabled search & more
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- What’s the best attribution model For PPC?
Jun 28, 2016 by Aaron Levy
Columnist Aaron Levy explores some common attribution models used by digital marketers. Which one is right for your business or client?
- New ‘Dashboard’ tool from Twitter gives businesses a simple, all-in-one management suite
Jun 28, 2016 by Greg Finn
A streamlined solution make it easier for novice social marketers to successfully navigate the Twitter platform.
- Marketing platform Kahuna applies its machine learning across customer journeys
Jun 28, 2016 by Barry Levine
Firm continues to expand its scope, this time with Experiences for message optimizing.
- Pinterest tries to one-up Amazon with new shopping features like AI-enabled search
Jun 28, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Pinterest is adding a shopping cart, merchant profiles and artificially intelligent product search capabilities to better compete against Amazon and Google.
- 4 steps to maximizing Customer Lifetime Value
Jun 28, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
For most B2C marketers, Customer Lifetime Value is used to determine how much is reasonable to spend to acquire a new customer, or customer acquisition cost (CAC). For top-performing B2C companies, it’s the metric in which business decisions are made.
- Predictive data & ABM: How to move from account lists to account contacts
Jun 28, 2016 by Scott Vaughan
Columnist Scott Vaughan says combining your predictive efforts with an ABM approach can help you identify optimal accounts and drive desired results.
- Blinded by data: 5 ways to deal with data overload
Jun 28, 2016 by Joshua Reynolds
Don’t get overwhelmed by a glut of data. Columnist Joshua Reynolds outlines key steps to help you avoid data fatigue.
- How to manage your ad partners in regulated industries (part 1 of 5)
Jun 28, 2016 by Lori Weiman
Digital marketing is more complicated in some industries than in others, as anyone who works finance, retail, education or pharmaceuticals knows. In her five-part series, contributor Lori Weiman will explain how advertisers can thrive in these highly regulated industries.
- Why ad blockers are not a threat to the online ad industry
Jun 28, 2016 by David Rodnitzky
Don’t believe the naysayers. Columnist David Rodnitzky explains why the paranoia surrounding ad blocking is exaggerated and why it will never happen en masse.
- Will crowdsourcing make agencies strategic again?
Jun 28, 2016 by Patrick Armitage
Columnist Patrick Armitage discusses the pros and cons of crowdsourcing and explains how the sharing economy can give agencies more time to focus on ideas and strategy.
- New Google Partner badges call out specializations
Jun 28, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
The updates include a new badge for Premier Google Partners.
- Survey: 42% of US online shoppers will use Amazon.com as primary holiday shopping destination
Jun 28, 2016 by Matt McGee
Ease of shopping, Prime membership and product reviews are top reasons consumers prefer Amazon.com.
- LinkedIn starts officially auctioning off its desktop banner ads
Jun 28, 2016 by Tim Peterson
LinkedIn will let brands bid on its desktop display ads in real-time auctions but is restricting their ability to target based on its user data.
- Report: TV time holds, but digital channels dominate for 18- to 49-year-olds
Jun 27, 2016 by Greg Sterling
In a fragmented media environment, marketers need to carefully test channels to determine which ones can effectively reach desired audiences.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- SMX Advanced 2016 recap: Harnessing SEM analytics for smarter automation
- How “Do It With Me” marketing services can help SMBs access the latest marketing practices
- 7 types of keywords to boost your SEO strategy
- Ask The SEOs at SMX Advanced
- Google testing new tool to check internet speeds directly in search results
- Why Google is mining local business attributes
- Final call for entries: 2016 Landy Awards
- Chinese government cracks down on search ads and “banned content”
- Google opens Customer Match to Shopping Campaigns
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 55% of Visitors Read Your Articles For 15 Seconds or Less: Why We Should Focus on Attention Not Clicks, blog.bufferapp.com
- Are You Ready to Hire a Data Scientist?, www.cmswire.com
- Brands Are Still Too Reliant on Engagement Metrics, www.adweek.com
- Views now the default metric for native due to a lack of brand metrics for branded content programs, polar.me
- Why publishers’ engagement metrics are all over the map, digiday.com
Blogs & Blogging
- 3 Cs that Reveal the Quality of Your Blog Post, www.copyblogger.com
- Microsoft has to pay a customer $10,000 for unwanted Windows 10 upgrade, qz.com
- Secretive Alphabet division aims to fix public transit in US by shifting control to Google, www.theguardian.com
- Twitter Dives Into AR and VR, Hires Ex-Apple Designer to Lead New Team, uploadvr.com
- 6 Ways to Enhance Audience Perception with Formatting Content, www.copypress.com
- Content Ideation: How to Ideate Like a Pro, www.searchenginejournal.com
- How to Consistently Publish Great Content While On The Go, www.problogger.net
- Inside the Mind of a Journalist in the Business of Content Marketing, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- The 5 Most Important Content Priorities (in Order), authoritylabs.com
- 5 Easy Ways to Boost Landing Page Conversions, blog.adstage.io
- How to Bring Podcast Listeners From Their Phones to Your Website, www.problogger.net
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 5 Common Mistakes Made When Writing User Surveys, usabilitygeek.com
- How to manage your feeds on Domaining.com, domainnamewire.com
- Pros & Cons of Using a New TLD for Your Blog, www.blogherald.com
- Amazon gives the Alexa app store a makeover, now lets you add new Skills by voice, techcrunch.com
- Chinese Cross-Border Ecommerce Sales Expected to Grow 50% in 2016, multichannelmerchant.com
- How Much Time Do Shoppers Spend on Retail Sites?, www.emarketer.com
- Retailers Rethink Inventory Strategies, www.wsj.com
- The e-commerce winners and losers in the wake of Brexit, digiday.com
- Increase Your Email Open Rates With These Tips, authoritylabs.com
- Learn How to Grow Traffic with These 15 Newsletters, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Read This if You Use an @Gmail.com Email in the “From” Address of Your Email Campaigns, blogs.constantcontact.com
- Report: General Emails Perform Better than Independence Day Campaigns, www.martechadvisor.com
General Internet Marketing
- 3 questions marketers need to ask about walled garden platforms, digiday.com
- Forming Emotional Connections with Influencer Marketing, www.searchenginejournal.com
- How digital marketers can get better results with less capital, techcrunch.com
- How to Include Wikipedia In Your Online Marketing Strategy, blog.crazyegg.com
- Microsoft, LinkedIn And The Future Of B2B Marketing, adexchanger.com
- Mid-Year Marketing Checklist: 75 Points, heidicohen.com
- Why Real-Time Attribution is a Real Change for Marketers, www.martechadvisor.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Schedulicity Laying Claim To Creating The First, True Service Marketplace Platform, www.prnewswire.com
- UnsubCentral Named a Top Trusted Website in OTA’s 2016 Online Trust Honor Roll, www.unsubcentral.com
- HookLogic Exchange Launches in Canada, Bringing New Performance Marketing Opportunities for Brands, www.prnewswire.com
- Wowza Powers the Streaming Revolution With Latest Version of Wowza Streaming Engine, www.wowza.com
- There’s a “C Change” Underway: CMOs and CIOs Are Aligning for Digital Disruption, blog.marketo.com
- Where unicorns come from – feeder roles for marketing technologists, chiefmartec.com
- 5 reasons mobile apps still rule: The Conversational Economy, venturebeat.com
- How Businesses Can Take Advantage of the Massive Opportunity in Local Data, streetfightmag.com
- iOS Push Notifications Have a 41% Opt-In Rate, www.adweek.com
- What Separates Successful Mobile Marketers From Creepy, Invasive Ones, www.marketingprofs.com
- How Influence Can Make or Break Your Brand, www.convinceandconvert.com
- 10 Unforgivable Facebook Marketing Mistakes From Brands, www.jeffbullas.com
- 3 Tools to Create Social Media Visuals, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- 6 Ways Content Marketers Can Supercharge Their LinkedIn Profiles, www.convinceandconvert.com
- 7 Steps for Mastering Your B2B Social Selling Efforts, www.adweek.com
- B2B Social Media Marketing: 5 Tips to Get it Right, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- Facebook from other sites with new Save and Share Chrome Extensions, techcrunch.com
- Facebook Lead Gen Ads: Pros, Cons, and Advancements, 3qdigital.com
- Facebook tests new option that pushes users to send money on Messenger, techcrunch.com
- Google+ Celebrates 5 Years Online, Search Engine Roundtable
- How to Get a Twitter Verification Badge, ignitevisibility.com
- How to Use Facebook Business Manager to Share Account Access, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- So, does anybody want Twitter?, techcrunch.com
- Why Snapchat Is Launching a Magazine?, www.annhandley.com
- Why Some of Instagram’s Most Popular Food Accounts Are Fleeing to Snapchat, www.adweek.com
- Industry Out of Harmony With YouTube on Tracking of Copyrighted Music, www.wsj.com
- Is Video the Future of Small Business Marketing?, contently.com
- VidCon confessional: How real people feel about live video, digiday.com
- Why AOL’s Brand Studio Is Focusing on 360 Video More Than Virtual Reality, www.adweek.com