Marketing Day: Twitter’s Project Lightning, Facebook Ads Manager Updates & Buyer Behavior Report
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Twitter’s Project Lightning Will Put A Curated Spin On Live News Events
Secret project, revealed by BuzzFeed and planned for later this year, will display collections of human-selected visual content about breaking news and major events.
- In Search Of The New “Mad Men”: Will They Be At Cannes This Year?
What do the “Mad Men” of 2015 look like? At Cannes Lions Innovation, contributor Sanjay Dholakia explores the role of marketing technology and what the new generation of “Mad Men” must do to thrive.
- Facebook Rolling Out Significant Upgrades To Ads Manager & Power Editor
A revamped Ads Editor and Power Editor will enhance the lives of Facebook Advertisers everywhere thanks to improved ad options, bulk changes and improved search features.
- Report: Conversion & Add-To-Cart Rates Have Been Declining For A Year
Conversion rates have fallen on smartphones and desktop in the U.S., but tablets are a surprising bright spot.
- Buyer Behavior Trends Driving The Digital Shift Toward Mobile
As consumer activity continues to move toward digital, marketers need to evolve to adapt to that trend. Columnist Soo Jin Oh shares stats to help you make the case in your company.
- Third-Party Data Is Awesome, But Maybe Too Powerful
Columnist Alistair Dent explains the ins and out of third-party data and how — when used the right way — it can help marketers gain powerful customer insights.
- Nexcare Bandages Video Campaign Asks Millennials “What Will Nexcare Nana Do Next?”
The 3M brand highlights its bandages’ long-lasting and tough nature by featuring an equally long-lasting and tough stuntwoman.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- EU Says Process For Reviewing Right To Be Forgotten Appeals Is Working
- Google: Write A Great Reconsideration Request, Get Back In Fast Like Thumbtack
- Get Your High-Performing Ad Copy Today! Buy Now!
- Third Party Data: Its Uses In Search & More
- Under The Hood: How Google AdWords Measures Store Visits
- Post-Mobilegeddon Update: Is The Impact As Catastrophic As Predicted?
- Not Panda: Google Confirms Another Core Search Algorithm Update
- Russia Poised To Pass Sweeping Right-To-Be-Forgotten Law
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
- 10 mistakes businesses still make on their blogs, www.branded3.com
- 12 Companies With Superior Content Marketing, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 15 indispensable content marketing tips, econsultancy.com
- About.com’s native ad formula: data-driven explainers, digiday.com
- Survey Research: 6 Do’s and Don’ts for Content Marketers, contently.com
- The State of Content Marketing 2015 – Stronger With a Twist of Scale, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Why Content Isn’t a Commodity Anymore, www.searchenginejournal.com
- The New Google Trends Is the Answer to Your Content Marketing Prayers, contently.com
- Split Testing 101: A Crash Course in Optimization, blog.crazyegg.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Beacon UX: It’s All About Context, usabilitygeek.com
- Responsive Design for Website Helps Your Mobile Marketing, blog.marketo.com
- The next design trend is one that eliminates all choices, qz.com
- The Trouble with Caps Lock, uxmag.com
- What to Include in Your Online Business Listing, www.verticalresponse.com
- Another sign of the three letter .com domain name boom, domainnamewire.com
- Amazon could have its drones in US skies next year, qz.com
- Do supermarkets know what online customers want?, econsultancy.com
- Uber helps an e-commerce firm market in China, www.internetretailer.com
- 3 Steps to Optimizing Your Email Campaigns, www.adknowledge.com
- 4 Summertime Email-marketing Tactics, to Spur Sales, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Four First-Date Tips… Applied to Email Marketing, www.marketingprofs.com
- How to Build a “Unicorn” Email Program, blog.returnpath.com
- Want More Customers? Less Email is More, adage.com
General Internet Marketing
- As Real-Time Marketing ROI Increases, Spending Follows, www.emarketer.com
- Back to the future: the last 10 years of the future of digital marketing, econsultancy.com
- Can You Run a Marketing Program with Zero Goals?, blog.bufferapp.com
- Strengthening Your Online Influencer List, www.compukol.com
- What Digital Marketers Can Learn From Crowdfunding, www.koozai.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Eyeview and Nielsen Catalina Solutions Customize Video Ads to Connect with Shoppers in Real-Time Across Screens, www.eyeviewdigital.com
- Influitive AdvocateHub App For Hootsuite Brings Advocate Marketing Into The Social Media Dashboard, influitive.com
- Maxifier Partners With Advance Digital to Deliver Programmatic Optimization Strategy, www.marketwired.com
- XpressBuy Appoints Mobile Industry Luminary Guillaume Lelait to its Advisory Board, getxpressbuy.com
- 10 Marketing Automation Tools That Could Transform Your Business, www.jeffbullas.com
- 5 Intriguing Takes on Advertising and Technology’s Relationship Status, www.adweek.com
- Actually, technology and creativity are better together, digiday.com
- Will ad tech slowdown hurt advertisers?, econsultancy.com
- Announcing Search in Apps Integration with TouchPal Keyboards, yahoodevelopers.tumblr.com
- How Teens Use Digital: Mobile, Messaging, and Social Trends, www.marketingprofs.com
- Is Yelp’s Slowing Growth a Function of Mobile’s Adolescence?, streetfightmag.com
- Mobile engagement is about more than pushing products, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Panera exec: Personalization, loyalty paramount to new mobile initiatives, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Report: Last Year Google Secretly Acquired Agawi, A Specialist In Streaming Native Mobile Apps, techcrunch.com
- Shoppers use their phones a lot in stores to get deals and product information, www.internetretailer.com
- Survey: 85% Of Millennial Parents Use Mobile To Shop In-store, www.retale.com
- Tap This Apple Watch App at Cannes, and Someone Will Bring You a Glass of Wine, www.adweek.com
- Ad-Free Social Network Ello Goes Mobile, And Hints At Retail Revenues, readwrite.com
- Analyzing the Success of the Two Most Popular Branded Twitter Accounts, www.socialbakers.com
- Announcing the 2015 10 Most Influential Brands on LinkedIn, marketing.linkedin.com
- Facebook Lessons from the Chicago Bulls, simplymeasured.com
- How to Get Results From Facebook Ads on a Budget, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- How to Go from Good to Great on Instagram, simplymeasured.com
- How to Grow Your Social Communities With Visuals, www.marketingprofs.com
- How to Stay on Top of News Feeds with the New Facebook Algorithm Update, ignitevisibility.com
- LinkedIn Brings Back Human Editors to Tailor News to You, www.wired.com
- Reddit to fully encrypt traffic, thehill.com
- Snapchat Is Making Some Pretty Serious Money From Live Stories, recode.net
- The Making of the Adaptly Real Life Pin Board, adaptly.com
- Twitter Acquires Whetlab to Better Organize Tweets, blogs.wsj.com
- Using Author Tags to Grow Your Audience, media.fb.com
- Who’s Following Brands on Social in APAC?, www.emarketer.com
- GE: Harnessing the Power of YouTube Creators to Tell Its Story, www.reelseo.com
- How to Start Using Explainer Videos, blog.kissmetrics.com
- Parenting on YouTube: A ZEFR Insights Report, blog.zefr.com
- PBS NewsHour’s Facebook-First Video Series Is Brief but Spectacular, www.adweek.com
- Video Ad Tech Company Unruly Brings First Native Video SSP Offering to Videology Clients, unruly.co
- Wendy’s Enlists YouTube Stars Rhett & Link to Put a Twist on Livestreaming, www.adweek.com
- Why This Beauty Brand is Creating a Free Incubator for YouTubers, contently.com