Get the most important digital marketing news each day.
Marketing Day: WeLens 360-degree video VR, Amazon Prime hits 85M members & more
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Here’s why marketers should not ignore this Supreme Court case
Jul 6, 2017 by Kate Kaye
Marketers accustomed to utilizing the voluminous flow of data provided by mobile device carriers should keep an eye on an upcoming Supreme Court decision.
- WeLens introduces software to manage group screenings of 360-degree video VR
Jul 6, 2017 by Barry Levine
Originally targeted at individual experiences, 360-degree video is now being shown to audiences in showrooms, trade shows and other venues.
- Amazon Prime hits 85M member milestone, researchers say
Jul 6, 2017 by Matt McGee
Latest data from Consumer Intelligence Research Partners estimates that Prime membership has grown 35% in the past year.
- 8 key steps for a successful Instagram takeover
Jul 6, 2017 by Cley Williams
Thinking of asking a celebrity or industry leader to take over your Instagram account? Contributor Cley Williams shares eight steps to help ensure it’s a success.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Facebook, Twitter Are Said to Seek World Cup Clips From Fox, Bloomberg
- Google’s Fine Could Be Only the Start as EU Probes Progress, AdAge
- A Resource Guide to Marketing Content Success, KoMarketing
- Content Development: In-house or Outsource, that Is the Question, Compukol
- Your Social Media Marketing Is Only as Good as Your Content, Adweek
- 4 Tactics to Make Your New Ecommerce Store Rock, Multichannel Merchant
- 5 Groups of Shoppers You’re Likely Ignoring, Practical Ecommerce
- How to Build a Profitable Ecommerce Loyalty Program, Shopify Plus
- 5 Common Mistakes that Destroy a Drip Campaign, Marketo
- 5 ways every nonprofit can use Email Automation, VerticalResponse
- Back to the basics: Growing your email list, My Emma
General Internet Marketing
- Country Mouse vs. City Mouse: One Size Does Not Fit All in the SMB Digital Market, Street Fight
- Over 93% of Celebrity Influencers are Violating FTC Guidelines, Social Media Explorer
- Why Account-Based Marketing Is Essential for B2B Sales, Multichannel Merchant
- Is Your Data Fit for the AI Revolution?, CMS Wire
- Marketers can rest easy, AI is not about to make them redundant, Econsultancy
- The Gap Between Marketing Innovation and Adoption, The Direct Markting Association
- 4 Things to Expect from the 2017 State of Social Marketing Report, Simply Measured
- How to Run a Sponsored Instagram Contest, Social Media Examiner
- Introducing Photo and Video Replies to Stories, Instagram Blog
- Facebook is building a Houseparty clone for live group video chat, The Verge
- Types of Video Content and Their Place in the Marketing Funnel, MarketingProfs
- YouTube stars defend net neutrality in open letter to the FCC, The Verge