Marketing Day: World’s Largest Media Buyer, Native Ads & Retail Marketing Strategies
Here's our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Here’s Where The World’s Largest Media Buyer Spends Its Money
WPP’s GroupM spends $76 billion a year on media. All but one of the top recipients of that investment are digital media companies.
- The Brand’s CMO, Its CFO And An Agency Shill Walk Into A Bar…
On this Friday, we’ll listen in on a conversation that could occur while a couple of C-level execs, along with their agency rep, enjoy a few drinks at happy hour one evening.
- Native Ads: Effective, But Are They Accepted By Consumers?
Marketers have enthusiastically embraced “native advertising,” and there’s an emerging body of evidence supporting the proposition that it’s more effective than traditional display. The latest addition to that corpus comes in the form of a report just published by the MMA.
- Measuring Accessibility In The User Experience (UX) And The Searcher Experience
Accessibility in the user experience isn’t just about humans — it’s also about technology, says columnist Shari Thurow. She explains how she measures accessibility and offers some tips on developing an accessible website.
- The Pros And Cons Of Responsive Design
When you’re developing your web site and landing page strategy, there are three well-traveled mobile-friendly routes. Columnist Abraham Nord explains each of the approaches and details the potential consequences of following them.
- Retail Marketing Strategies: Connecting The Dots
As more shoppers turn to their smartphones to do product research, retailers need an all-inclusive mobile marketing strategy to reach consumers at just the right time, says columnist Allan Haims.
- Instagram Moves Beyond The Square & A Few Brands Test The Waters
The visual social network enables posting in both portrait and landscape orientation, good news for marketers who use the same creative content across multiple platforms.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Google Home Services Ads Launch In AdWords Express
- Making Your Support Content More SEO Friendly
- Pros & Cons of Responsive Landing Pages For SEM
- Social Profile SEO: Optimizing For Rankings & Search Visibility
- Search In Pics: Google Android Talk, Noogler Wind Spinner & Marshmallows
- Google News Editors’ Picks To Get App Links
- Google Mobile Has A New App Search Results User Interface
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Three Ways It Pays for Marketers to Be More Data-Driven, www.marketingprofs.com
Blogs & Blogging
- New Study Reveals the Lifetime Value of a Blog Post, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Google boss warns against television repeating mistakes of press, www.theguardian.com
- Google’s Secret Strategy To Recruit Engineers, www.fastcompany.com
- Obama Administration teams with Apple, HP, Boeing on new wearable tech hub in Silicon Valley, venturebeat.com
- 3 Resources to Help You Create Remarkable Visual Content, www.copyblogger.com
- How to Create Content That Drives Organic Traffic, blog.kissmetrics.com
- Is personalized content a marketer’s dream?, www.retaildive.com
- Oops! Are You Applying The Right Advice To The WRONG Headlines?, blog.crazyegg.com
- Personalize Your Messages with Mindset Segmentation, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Time Puts Branded and Editorial Content Creation Under One Roof, www.adweek.com
- Why You Need Content Strategy Before Editorial Planning, contentmarketinginstitute.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 4 Content Writing Mistakes Small Businesses Make, smallbiztrends.com
- Solving the Problem of Design with Karl Ulrich, uxmag.com
- Amazon Curtails Development of Consumer Devices, www.wsj.com
- Digital River and Mirum Join Hands for Enhancing Brand Experience Across Ecomm Channnels, www.martechadvisor.com
- In New Amazon Prime Program, Not All Goods Ship for Free, blogs.wsj.com
- Fast email response time earns L.L. Bean high marks, www.internetretailer.com
- Q&A: Answers to Your Email Measurement & ROI Questions, blog.returnpath.com
General Internet Marketing
- Programmatic Advertising 101: How it Works, www.seerinteractive.com
- Truth In Advertising, Winning Markets With Honesty, www.aimclearblog.com
- Ad Blockers: What do they mean for publishers, advertisers, and consumers?, www.tune.com
- Traditional vs. digital advertising: what’s changed and what hasn’t?, econsultancy.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Marketing is a (Buyer) Journey, Not a Destination, thecmoclub.com
- 4 Creative Uses of Marketing Automation, www.searchenginepeople.com
- Can witty martech wisdom fit into 140 characters?, chiefmartec.com
- MarTech Convergence? Start with the Content, www.cmswire.com
- Understanding the strategy behind mergers and acquisitions within the ad-tech sector, econsultancy.com
- Content Blocking In iOS 9: Where Some See Doom, Others See Opportunity, adexchanger.com
- Everything You Need To Know About iOS 9’s New Content Blockers, techcrunch.com
- How Beacons Benefit Your Customers (and You), www.marketingprofs.com
- How We Designed And Built Our First Apple Watch App, www.smashingmagazine.com
- Mobile, Millennials, and Health, advertising.yahoo.com
- Facebook Business Manager: Common Issues Explained, www.jonloomer.com
- Facebook must obey German law even if free speech curtailed: minister, www.reuters.com
- Facebook Web Photo Uploader Adds Features That Were Mobile-Only, www.adweek.com
- Instagram Contest Guide: How To Make Your Campaign A Success, blog.tailwindapp.com
- LinkedIn Buys Predictive Analytics Firm Fliptop to Gear Up its Sales Solutions, www.martechadvisor.com
- The traffic LinkedIn drives to publishers has dropped 44 percent this year, digiday.com
- Understanding Your LinkedIn Company Page Analytics, www.verticalresponse.com
- We’re committing to a more diverse Twitter, www.twitter.com
- What Instagram’s New Formats May Mean for Marketers, adage.com
- How to Launch Your Local Video Content Strategy, localu.org
- MTV Is Making Branded Periscopes for Taco Bell During This Weekend’s VMA Show, www.adweek.com
- Music on Vine, blog.vine.co
- Snapchat charges brands for video views after zero seconds, digiday.com
- YouTube as you know it is about to change dramatically, www.theverge.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.